Description for DLC items?

phm

Question

I'm in the process of modifying the admin menu so that all items in the game also appear in the admin spawn menu.

I'm looking for a description of these items:

class srifle_DMR_02_F { price = 150; };

class srifle_DMR_02_camo_F { price = 150; };

class srifle_DMR_02_sniper_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_03_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_03_khaki_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_03_tan_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_03_multicam_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_03_woodland_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_03_spotter_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_04_Tan_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_05_blk_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_05_hex_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_05_tan_f { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_06_camo_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_06_olive_F { price = 150; };

I suspect the answer lies in the encrypted "ebo" file(s) that are in the Marksmen DLC, which is why these are not easy to find.  Does anyone have a source of class names -> descriptions for all DLC content?

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

I'm in the process of modifying the admin menu so that all items in the game also appear in the admin spawn menu.

I'm looking for a description of these items:

class srifle_DMR_02_F { price = 150; };

class srifle_DMR_02_camo_F { price = 150; };

class srifle_DMR_02_sniper_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_03_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_03_khaki_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_03_tan_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_03_multicam_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_03_woodland_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_03_spotter_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_04_Tan_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_05_blk_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_05_hex_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_05_tan_f { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_06_camo_F { price = 150; };class srifle_DMR_06_olive_F { price = 150; };

I suspect the answer lies in the encrypted "ebo" file(s) that are in the Marksmen DLC, which is why these are not easy to find.  Does anyone have a source of class names -> descriptions for all DLC content?

Thanks in advance

I hope this helps.

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34340-marksmen-dlc-classnames/

Here's a script for you to run from the editor. Replace the class with what you want and it will pull it from the config.

If you want it to log to your local RPT in AppData for easier copying then you can replace the hint with diag_log.

VClass = "srifle_DMR_02_F";
hint (getText(configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> VClass >> "Library" >> "libTextDesc"));

For example:

The MAR-10 is a powerful marksman weapon used by CTRG forces. This semi-automatic rifle is chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum. With its 66 cm long barrel and 4.4 kg weight, MAR-10 isn't easy to handle, but high power and extreme precision with effective range up to 1700 m compensate it.

You have to change the CfgWeapons to the correct Config depending on the item also.

Edited by TheVampire

Here's a script for you to run from the editor. Replace the class with what you want and it will pull it from the config.

If you want it to log to your local RPT in AppData for easier copying then you can replace the hint with diag_log.

VClass = "srifle_DMR_02_F";
hint (getText(configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> VClass >> "Library" >> "libTextDesc"));

For example:

You have to change the CfgWeapons to the correct Config depending on the item also.

Thanks for this.  I think I meant "Displayname", not description.  Sorry for the confusion.