Interacting

Rook

Hi ,

First off thanks for developing Epoch for A3 - When it first apeared i thought the angle you have was very good, I like the horror element to it and i'm very glad the cultisits are back. I think the direction you are choosing to go down in terms of vibe is a good one , i look forward to more antagonists!

One question I do have is - Will the persistance of loot in storage be addressed ( forgive me if i have missed this off a changelog / milestone ) -i just find it such a pain to have to interact with all storage devices to keep them alive so to speak , a lot of the time io spend just doing that :( and i do find it off putting the thought of it -if that would be fixed or changed so we dont have to it would be great.

In regards to the cultisits- One idea i had would be to have a boss cultist, one that could emit Zeus lightning bolts XD @random of course as it would be too much all the time- In addition i think they also work well with sappers, when the mod first came out you would have them @ the same time and once the cultisit slowed you down avoiding the sapper would be even harder - Were they intended to work together

Thanks for your time reading this :)

Yes! i saw the you tube vid saying safes were on the way back , good news :) so are you saying we wont have to interact with the safe to keep it it and its contents around? if so then that is great news :)

Edited by Rook

Don't know about that but due to capacity and likelihood of frequent use then i see it as less of an issue.

Of course in terms of overall server performance the less that is stored the better and so the gradual dissipation of abandoned/unused items is a good way to clean up server without added extra scripts.

I believe if i lose shelf/tipi because i had not used for 7 days then there was nothing there i really needed :p

I think eventually it should be like someone or some people already mentioned before on this forum, persistence maintained through the frequency jammer. Because sometimes interacting doesn't work for me, stuff vanishes by itself. Though currently it stopped, so no idea why.

Also I would love to see some clear message (maybe even with sound notifications) how many crypto did it cost (or better - how much will it cost before I have to even pay it) for me to maintain a base, since the white message with no border is sometimes invisible and sometimes doesn't appear on screen at all. Also would be nice feature to add some info about base when you click on the jammer, something like "total amount of base parts", last time maintained etc. It would help a lot. But I guess I have to create separate thread for these suggestions. There are many things that can be done to improve the jammer.

Edited by KPABATOK

Thanks for the replies,

Like the idea of the jammer handling all maintainence, I agree so much could be done with it, however it would be nice to to not have to interact / maintain to keep loot stored in game, base maintainence fair enough but epoch has always had a good % of hoarders playing the game and the logistics of maintaining and keeping loot alive is very high, i spend a good amount of time just interacting with storage items , vehilces included, and feel for me its the one thing i would love to see changed, imagine its linked to performance why we have to interact with storge ?

Yeah that would be cool to have a rundown of parts maintained, never had the problem of a corupt message in regards to krypto cost of maintining , always displayed for me.

well for me 4 times out of 10 this crypto message just flashes on screen for a split second and disappears (impossible to notice even) and 3 times out of 10 it doesn't display at all how much did it cost for me. That's why I think it should be eventually made into normal UI module this maintenance thing where you could see in real time what you maintain and how much you need to maintain etc.