New Melee weapon.

Axle

You should create a variant of this sword called Excalibur that has some special properties.
You should then create an event which, very rarely, creates a single instance of Excalibur on the map with it's nose buried in a rock.
Just a little bit of fun for you devs and a sweet little easter egg of sorts and a rare weapon for the players.
At least, that's what I'd do.

Cen, this Sword was made over a year ago and as such was already in the Epoch files for around the same time. It was recently added into the game and It took me about 2 minutes. We do have a roadmap and I have been quite clear what to expect from Epoch Mod in other posts. Also, lets not forget that server admins are free to remove this or any items they choose from spawning on their server.

Epoch Mod Projects Include:

• Persistent Server Framework
  • Sandbox Gamemode
  • @Epoch = Modders Resource Pack.

We have many more assets planned and will be working with the community to add even more content, some purely cosmetic and others will have a larger impact on gameplay for the Epoch sandbox gamemode

Please keep an open mind after all, Epoch is mod for a game that we all choose to make in our free time.

Edited by vbawol

Epoch is slowly turning into a joke, seriously...

• Broad Sword
  • Military AI
  • Fantasy based "sappers"
  • Drones
  • Cloak guys based off a doctor who monster
  • high tech bikes

Its a miss-matched collection of elements that have no connection...

You guys always say you have more to add but were is it over a year later...

It Epoch has such a good mod why does/did axles server run custom mods? Surely a dev should "support" his own mod :P

You dont think the other mods dont have servers without custom content that is not part of the original mod do you ? HA .. so zombies and demons, speeder bikes etc .. have what to do with others original mod ? LOL
And with Altis ...would be highly likely that you could find such a sword around .. not everything has to be all about reg modern war .. I wish more antagonists where available, and so do many many others .. if you dont like fantasy games .. I hear there is a white house life coming near you  LOL

• Broad Sword
  • Military AI
  • Drones
  • high tech bikes

It Epoch has such a good mod why does/did axles server run custom mods? Surely a dev should "support" his own mod :P

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

Maca, I get it by now that you do not like what we are doing. Btw, I merged your mechair account and unbanned your main account, lets try staying civil and keeping it it down to one account.

In case you want to learn more you can actually as of a few days ago read the Epoch story here, This was written over a year ago by my brother [VB]Green and is part of the inspiration for A3: Epoch Mod.

Please keep in mind that Epoch Mod is not just a gamemode and because of this and will not try force you or anyone to use anything we provide as a part of the @Epoch mod. That said we will be adding items that may only make sense to the Epoch story or gamemode but at the end of the day that just gives everyone more to choose from.

Edited by vbawol

Maca you have done some great stuff .. and sure prob will .continue to do so .. I wish you all could join forces together, but looks as if that bridge burned long ago .. I don't know the story behind all that has happened .just rumor .. and innuendo.. he said she said stuff .. 

Cant we all just get along .. If I had the skillz to do all you guys do .. my vision for the game .. is a much darker one lol .. more sadistic and evil .. nukes, buildings on fire .. smoke and ash fill the skies ..  half dead mutants wrything hands out .. for a crumb of food . total mayhem .. and you your character .. struggling to survive the clone exterminators .. be they sappers , cultists, ai soldiers etc .. of course much of my vision of what I would like to see .. is most likely not possible within arma 3 .. much is .. many other games yes have gone this route and succeeded..of course these where not multiplayer games such as arma 3 based .. couldn't do such things as crafting  .. not everyone wants a game of .. shooting other players and respawning every to mins .. if I did Id just play cso etc .. that just doesn't seem that much fun .. I like the whole a2/a3 dayz, type thing .. if it hadn't been for Dean Hall .. none of us would be having this conversation ..  its the reason we are all here .. even though it has changed greatly since the early days and weeks of launch of the original mod.. I Just cant stop playing . its becoming the game I always wanted little by little .. in the end .. we all want one thing .. to have fun. If its no longer fun .. the game ends.. we walk away. 

Im 49 yrs old .. been gaming longer than most that play these have been alive .. I know I am an old fart compared to many on here .. but it supposed to be all about fun .. not a pissing contest, the community of mods, devs,and gamers ..are what make this whole idea great .. free to share, use and modify .. Community !
Thanks for listening to a fan and admin 

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

• Broad Sword
  • Military AI
  • Drones
  • high tech bikes

Wait, what? We make a mod that allows for modding but the devs aren't allowed to have a modded server? Nice to see you're still grasping at straws.

Mells House started using mods to be able to see how the community is dealing with our structure and maybe find ways to make modding even easier. 

Wait, what? We make a mod that allows for modding but the devs aren't allowed to have a modded server? Nice to see you're still grasping at straws.

Mells House started using mods to be able to see how the community is dealing with our structure and maybe find ways to make modding even easier. 

Its not that long when you didn't approved and criticized modded servers and also official server could be only the Vanilla server while one of your servers violated that.

Some people can't just share the joy of something creative being shared, have to be negative, spiteful and vindictive.

If you haven't got something new and constructive to say why say anything, other than to vent your bilious spleens and infect others with your pathetically narrow view points.

I am all for criticism that is warranted based in fact and offers some road map to a solution (i.e. constructive), but tired old repeated petty opinions are not helpful.

Thank you to all who worked on adding this sword to the mod i look forward to finding one!

Its not that long when you didn't approved and criticized modded servers and also official server could be only the Vanilla server while one of your servers violated that.

The official server host rule was no addons, scripts were always ok though.

Anyways, we're going off topic now.

As long as building and antagonists improve at steady pace like now, I don't care, they can add even spoons and forks as melee weapons :D Though melee in Arma 3 doesn't make much sense, I think it still is quite fun cosmetic feature, just like those wolf/pumpkin masks (no armor so I never use them). Safe upcoming, new building UI (no idea if I like it but don't care, I can't wait for that stuff). If more people shared their opinions here, even criticism, it would totally be better than just randomly coming over and saying "mod sucks, devs bad, no roadmap" etc. I even think roadmap can only be expected with commercial games, it is hard to have one when it is just a hobby for them. It's not like they come home from work, ignore the families and spend 2-3 hours coding Epoch every day.