How is vilayer?

sampson42002

Hello, I had vilayer host my dayz overpoch server awhile back.  I left them due to the server getting hacked quite alot, and the server went offline for around 12 hours, and again for around 24 hours 6 days later, then a few weeks after that my server went down between 5 - 7 days.  All of these times I sent support a message, they would get back saying it's working now.  The last time I sent two or three messages, before they finally got back to me, saying again that is was working.  I did not get any explanation as to what happened.  That was my last straw with vilayer, due to that I have lost quite a bit of player's.  The hosting company I have now, does not have a message system (so I can't do restart's unless I don't give them warning's, there is no auto backup's, and it preforms worse. I get bad frames and so has others).  I was looking into NFO server but the control panel is way different and I am having a hell of a time figuring it out. 

If you know of any other good hosting company lmk.

Thanks Mike

If you go Here you can see GSP adverts, refresh the page over and over, they get shown at random, most have discount codes, find one with the features you like, then search their name on the forum for reviews and feedback.

Little bit of home work you'll find something suitable and with a discount on top, good luck.

I used Vilayer for two months and both of those months were the worst! The restart system they supply is terrible, the FTP access constantly breaks, and worst of all there database back up system breaks constantly! I had to wipe my server several times due to hackers and having no working back up. My advice would be to use a VPS that is what my team and I did after all of Vilayers terrible service. I'm telling you learning how to use a VPS is not only more reliable,  its more flexible. I payed 55$ a month for a 60 slot server at Vilayer, I payed 60$ to my VPS company I not only run a 60 slot server I now run a 5 slot test server with still another IP, which means I can then open another test server for any game we play to bring in to our community.

P.S - I then asked if we could at least have a week or so for free (because we wasted so much time trying to fix the stuff that isn't fixable, because it was there fault.) But they never gave us any free time! That week would have helped a lot because we were packing up our stuff to leave that terrible company! (Lesson learned)

DO NOT USE VILAYER!

Hello, sorry I have not responded been busy with work.  I had my problems with vilayer as I see most have, I agree there customer service is really slow and they like to answer question's with questions lol.  I had vert first and they were good, I forget why I left in the first place.  GTX is current and I'm not happy with them, due to the messaging system not working and not auto database backups.  I had to leave my computer on 24/7 to run a batch file to do the backups.  I will look into a VPS but i'll have to learn how to manually install arma onto it and all that stuff.  @exclusiveColors what hosting company do you use?  I tried NFO for there 2 days free and was so lost I canceled haha.  I guess I need to learn more before jumping into that.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up renting the 4 core vds from nfo.  it's a learning curve for sure, it's almost setup. still trying to get battleye to work.  if my one server runs good I might try to and a second one that's pvp. my current is pve.  @ExclusiveColors

so far with the vps from NFO I'm happy. kinda worried about the 16000 gb bandwidth. also probably gonna up the ram from 4 gb to 6. 

Edited by sampson42002

I've been using vilayer off and on since arma 2 and they seem ok to me but they only other hoster I can compare it to is Day.st.

The support does take its sweet time to get back to you. They are very late on updating mods or at least they are with epoch. I had to send in a ticket in to get the 0.3.4.0 update which took 3 days to even get a reply and they are pricey compared to other hosters.

Also as @ExclusiveColors mentioned the restart system they force you to use is horrible and its your only option if you want to restart the server. They also block .bat files due to a exploit or something with Dayz Standalone.

Edited by Three Plus