Hacker Question

azzdayz

Hey guys,

I normally can find some kind of clue with a hacker and get them banned, but this time there was not trace in infiSTAR or RTP or anything. The only way I think I found the right person this time was everyone got kicked and this guy disconnects right after so he would look like he got kicked as well.

Here is my question..... He logged in somehow like this. I took out all the specific information, don't think I am allowed to provide that.

[2015-09-25 | 21:10:11] Player #8 Player name (IP Information) connected
[2015-09-25 | 21:10:12] Player #8 Player name - GUID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (unverified)
[2015-09-25 | 21:10:12] Verified GUID (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) of player #8 Player name
[2015-09-25 | 21:10:12] Player #8 Player name - Owner GUID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Everyone else logged in like this......

[2015-09-25 | 21:03:16] Player #4 Player name (IP Information) connected
[2015-09-25 | 21:03:17] Player #4 Player name - GUID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (unverified)
[2015-09-25 | 21:03:17] Verified GUID (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) of player #4 Player name
[2015-09-25 | 21:03:18] Player #4 Player name - Legacy GUID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How did this guy log in as OWNER GUID? Everyone else including me logs in as Legacy GUID!!!!!

Any thoughts would be grateful.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the best way to find out if someone is hacking. check the age of the steam account.  If the player is a lower level and has his profile on private, watch him like a hawk.  Hackers have to inject past BE. The current way they do it is: they stop or pause BE so they get a lot of BE timeouts and get kicked.  The legacy GUID should be because of having your ArmA account before they change over from gamespy to 100% steam.  Newer accounts probably don't have the legacy tag. Hackers are not going to risk their main account.

if you want to check steam ID # and what their GUID # is, go here: http://codepen.io/micovery/full/bNbLqL  converts steam IDs into GUID #

Edited by Just_R

Here is the best way to find out if someone is hacking. check the age of the steam account.  If the player is a lower level and has his profile on private, watch him like a hawk.  Hackers have to inject past BE. The current way they do it is: they stop or pause BE so they get a lot of BE timeouts and get kicked.  The legacy GUID should be because of having your ArmA account before they change over from gamespy to 100% steam.  Newer accounts probably don't have the legacy tag. Hackers are not going to risk their main account.

if you want to check steam ID # and what their GUID # is, go here: http://codepen.io/micovery/full/bNbLqL  converts steam IDs into GUID #

Thanks for that input. You make a very good point because if I recall I did look at that persons account and it was private. Based on what you are saying it sounds like new steam accounts will log in as owner GUID. That kind of makes since, I was planing on getting an account for my son so when I do I will see how it logs in. I just assumed he was some how logging in as the owner of the server and had my password, but it appears that was not the case.

Thanks again for your insight

Edited by azzdayz

• 2 weeks later...