The health of DayZ Epoch.

blue

After spending quite some time away from DayZ Epoch, I was pleasantly surprised to come back recently to what seems to be a fairly popular mod, but it has me wondering now as to exactly how healthy the mod is. With the rise of new mods for ArmA 3 such as the new Epoch mod and the increasingly popular Exile mod it seems to me like it's not going to be too long before DayZ Epoch may become abandoned, but it's difficult to spot any growth or reduction trends in the community through just 1 pair of eyes.

I've heard whispers of a community update for DayZ Epoch but the only evidence of this is an idle forum post, which is discouraging to say the least, and the community participation in DayZ Epoch has shown a massive slump in regards to mod creation.

So I want to throw some questions out to the guys who still play DayZ Epoch or run servers,
What is your view on the health of the mod, do you foresee it dying in the near future or do you think it will sustain itself for a long time to come?
What do you think keeps both players and server owners on the, now old, DayZ Epoch mod?
Do you think anything could be done to breathe new life back into the mod at this stage?

Both opinions and facts are welcome answers as it will all, hopefully, help myself and others get a better idea of what to expect in the near future.

-blue

With the built in Arma 3 developer console speeding up the coding process quite a bit, it's hard to go back to programming for Arma 2.

Arma 3 in general is just better in multiple ways, although DayZ Epoch was fun.

There will be die-hard players that keep it running, and servers that stay up till the end, but eventually it is going to die.

There are plenty of players that don't have computers that can handle Arma 3. There are also a lot of players that just don't like the A3 version of Epoch, or Exile. They love the whole zombie apocalypse setting and aren't ready to abandon that yet. I think A2 Epoch will still be popular for a while.

i agree with BDTZ, Arma 2 epoch isnt completly dead yet.  Many people that play on my servers say they all have arma 3, but arma 3 is Just not the same. never will be.  The mount of mods people have created for arma 2, they have their share of bugs.  But in arma 3 the bugs are much worst, form what i have experienced and been told.  The future of arma 3 looks promising, but for now im sticking with arma 2.

• 2 weeks later...

A2 Epoch has been abandoned for a while now and player base is dropping every day.

I dont know why A3 is SH@#.  Not specifically shaming Epoch but most all mod currently are meh.  I am actually running across a lot of people returning to A2 because they think the game play is crap on A3.

I have thousands of hours on A2. I don't plan on leaving it anytime soon.  The only other survival / zombie based game I like would the one with Seven Days in it's name.  

Edited by Just_R