CBA 2.0 and CUP_Weapons ..how to allow players without still log in

Chainsaw Squirrel

Question

CBA 2.0 and CUP_Weapons ..how to setup  allow players without still log in, even if they dont have it .. I tried logging in without them activated .. left them out of the mods=@Epoch;@allinarmaterrainpack string and it wont connect .. 
I really like CBA 2.0 and cups .. but majority cant log in cause they dont have the mods.. and a3launcher wont even list it because of CBA 2 .. what to do .. I hate going to mas or old versions 

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

6 answers to this question

Use ASDG Joint Rails. It will still work just fine with the latest build of CUP_Weapons. (Just tested myself in the editor)

As for allowing players to join without the particular mods installed, The easiest way to achieve this would be "verifySignatures = 0;" in config.cfg however this is a big security no no.

Edited by Monk

As for allowing players to join without the particular mods installed, The easiest way to achieve this would be "verifySignatures = 0;" in config.cfg however this is a big security no no.

you do not need to set "verifySignatures = 0;" to allow players to enter without the mod, thats very bad advice and you are just asking for trouble with hackers that way, not to mention the problems with mismatched mod versions.

CBA 2.0 and CUP_Weapons ..how to setup  allow players without still log in, even if they dont have it .. I tried logging in without them activated .. left them out of the mods=@Epoch;@allinarmaterrainpack string and it wont connect .. 
I really like CBA 2.0 and cups .. but majority cant log in cause they dont have the mods.. and a3launcher wont even list it because of CBA 2 .. what to do .. I hate going to mas or old versions 

the problem is most likely mismatched mod versions, because a3laucher has stuck with version 1.1 for a while now while steam has autoupdated for the players to version 1.2.1.

also make sure to add the key for asdg joint rails mods, to allow players to join using that instead of cba (unless cba is needed for something else).

i suggest you use the steam version on the server and inform the players to do the same, in order to ensure all are using same version of the mod.

some players are always retards and will not understand ... not much you can do about that.

you do not need to set "verifySignatures = 0;" to allow players to enter without the mod, thats very bad advice and you are just asking for trouble with hackers that way, not to mention the problems with mismatched mod versions.

I'm aware this is a very bad idea and should have better worded that part of my reply. Could you elaborate/provide links for alternate ways to achieve this? (mainly to better educate myself)

I'm aware this is a very bad idea and should have better worded that part of my reply. Could you elaborate/provide links for alternate ways to achieve this? (mainly to better educate myself)

there is no "alternative way to do this",there is a wrong way to do it and the right way to do it.

the right way is to make sure player and server use same mod version and ensure the keys are correct and have "verifySignatures = 2;".

obviusly you are allowing more players to join if you disable the signature check, however you do not have any idea what version of the mod they are using or if they modified it in any way (not to mention what additional mods they could have activated aswell).

by enabling the signature check you ensure everyone is using the same exact version of the mod as the server (or they will not be able to join), obviusly that will result in some retards not being able to join the server cause of mismatched versions which should not be allowed to join anyway (cause of what problems might arise from mismatched versions), however you are not allowing any tampering with the files either.