Host a Server and Play in the Same Machine

Donnovan

Question

5 answers to this question

Thankyou for the answers.

The reason i host in home is that here a dedicated server costs a absurd price, and the only generic server host avaliable locally, Villayer, don't provide good hardware.

In my home i have a i7 4960K @ 4.6 Ghz, SSD HD and 16 GB of ram.

Sometimes i run the main server, the test server and the game in this machine, and all runs fine (same game folder).

The only cons is the connection: 50 mbps download and 6 mbps upload. But i can get 25 30 players... it just suffers a bit when too many players dies and need to load all world data again. There is no difference in bandwidth consume from 1st player join to re-join after death :( so many kills can generate excessive bandwidth consume.

Edited by Donnovan
Fix typo.

I have 100Mb up and down connection and can go to 1GB if needed for 25 more a month, have no probs.   .. I host the server on a second machine Dell Xeon Rack Mount dual cpu /  quad core 3.4 Ghz 32Gb ram Ghz got for free that sits mounted under shelf beside me .
A company I did work for was about to toss 10 in the dumpster ! They let me have two of them :) 
And play on my main computer .. do play on the server occasionally as well.. I've had 30 people on at once with me .. do issues .. that I have seen

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel