Andre Aerial Patrol - [Coconut Release] - Any Map

Donnovan

On 1/7/2016 at 6:45 AM, ElDubya said:

Mine definitely do not work anymore. Server hasn't been updated and I rolled my client back to legacy. Still no go :(

is your server updated with the new update?

It will also depend if the players on your server reverted the update or not.

On my servers, most players have the update reverted. but some dont and it throws massive amount of RPT spam on both sides.

Hope you guys can figure it out :) i personally dont use this one because i have enough AIs roaming.  But as for the fugitive script he's created, i made a menu for admin to pick players and choose only those players to execute the script, admin spawnable event.  I just need the script behind it lol  When i get some time ill try to work with someone in here to figure it out

My server isn't running the new update, and I have a notice on the website telling people how to roll their ARMA2 back to legacy, so the gun/vehicle/anything else the new client update changed will be reverted. 

I would be VERY interested in that fugitive script you are working on though, would be fantastic for Friday Nights :)

Donnovan,

If I wanted to add a couple more Heli's to the ones already in the list, what else if anything will I have to change or add other than adding the extra helis?

For example, I am adding something like this:

/*5*/["pook_H13_gunship",1,[],2],

Do I also need to add anything to the following, what format is it in and are they in any specific order?:

_heliFormation =[[0,0,2],[2,2],[4,4,4,4,4],[3],[3],[1,1]];
    _heliAltitude =[[60,60,115],[100,100],[50,50,50,50,50],[100],[100],[115,115]];
    _heliSpeed =["NORMAL","NORMAL","FULL","LIMITED","NORMAL","FULL"];

On 14/01/2016 at 6:16 PM, Zoranth said:

Donnovan,

If I wanted to add a couple more Heli's to the ones already in the list, what else if anything will I have to change or add other than adding the extra helis?

For example, I am adding something like this:

/*5*/["pook_H13_gunship",1,[],2],

Do I also need to add anything to the following, what format is it in and are they in any specific order?:

_heliFormation =[[0,0,2],[2,2],[4,4,4,4,4],[3],[3],[1,1]];
    _heliAltitude =[[60,60,115],[100,100],[50,50,50,50,50],[100],[100],[115,115]];
    _heliSpeed =["NORMAL","NORMAL","FULL","LIMITED","NORMAL","FULL"];

It doesn't help there is no comments in the code but as far as I can tell, you can add helis this way.

_heliFormation is the heli convoys in the order they will appear there is no random selection, _heliAltitude is how high they fly and _heliSpeed is how fast each convoy flys.

Therefore the first convoy is made up of [ 1x heli 0, 1x heli 0 and 1x heli 2] , flying at 60,60 and 115 meters respectivly and the convoy is flying at Normal Speed.

So if you add a new convoy make sure you add in the height and speed too, you could therefore add another heli and convoy thus;

_heliFormation =[[0,0,2],[5,5,5],[2,2],[4,4,4,4,4],[3],[3],[1,1]];
_heliAltitude =[[60,60,115],[25,25,75],[100,100],[50,50,50,50,50],[100],[100],[115,115]];
_heliSpeed =["NORMAL","LIMITED","NORMAL","FULL","LIMITED","NORMAL","FULL"];

This would be the second convoy to run.

BTW I'm trying to make changes so the convoys are randomly selected and the server doesn't end up with all of them flying at the same time, talk about crowded air space.

i changed the code slightly so the heli formation is picked at random from the list of formations, the lines with // are the original lines

for "_cs" from 1 to (count _heliFormation) do {
        diag_log ("[UN HELI CONVOY] Initialized Spawn! " + str _cs);
        _rs = (round (random (count _heliFormation)));
        _heli_group = createGroup EAST;
        donn_heliGrps = donn_heliGrps + [_heli_group];
//        _convoy = _heliFormation select (_cs-1);
        _convoy = _heliFormation select (_rs-1);
//        _convoyH = _heliAltitude select (_cs-1);
        _convoyH = _heliAltitude select (_rs-1);
//        _convoyS = _heliSpeed select (_cs-1);
        _convoyS = _heliSpeed select (_rs-1);
        _qtd = count _convoy;
        _helis = [];

Tang0, that works to randomly choose the convoy but you still end up with a new convoy every 20 mins, so it's possible to end up with 25-30 heli in the air at the same time if it picks the 5 little birds each time.

I'm coding it so that if a predefined number of convoys are already airbourne then no new ones are created.

BTW as a side effect, when a convoy runs out of fuel you end up with a bunch of AI patroling on foot, with the same only attack if attacked behaviour.

I have this mod on a Napf and a Panthera server at the moment, seems to work OK

I've randomised the convoy and only repawn every 40 mins, with a 4hr restart it'as not too bad plus on Panthera they have a habit of flying into mountains...easy pickings!

I've also noted that when I try to have the pilot with a different skin to the crew the helis spawn in without a pilot and fall to the ground, although a search of the bodies shows that the skins spawned in as I expected,.

Anyway I like coding so I'll continue to try and tweak this mod because I like it a lot.

/*0*/["UH1H_DZ",0,["100Rnd_762x51_M240","100Rnd_762x51_M240"],3],
		/*1*/["UH1H_DZ",4,[],4],
		/*2*/["Mi17_TK_EP1",5,["100Rnd_762x51_M240","100Rnd_762x51_M240"],5],
		/*3*/["CH_47F_EP1_DZE",6,["100Rnd_762x51_M240","4000Rnd_762x51_M134","4000Rnd_762x51_M134"],6],
		/*4*/["AH6J_EP1_DZ",1,[],2] //ARMED (PILOT)

So, all I have to do is change classnames in there for different heli's and we're good to go? 

8 hours ago, Donnovan said:

You used any admin tool to find the helis? the script do not show then on map.

No admin tools Installed (This forces me to play the game) but I did get in a heli and patrol the map. 

I also have a few friends looking for the heli patrols and no one has seen them anywhere. 

I changed this setting again this morning to see what happens and so far (40mins) no heli's.

I guess I'll install infistar if I must ...

_mapSize = 8000; //Namalsk
 - TO - 
_mapSize = 10000; //Namalsk

1 hour ago, Donnovan said:

Bricktop

Any error on the server RPT file?

Try to use:

_mapSize = 12000;

_gridN = 35;

Eldubya, you can change the heli classnames. but make sure there is room for all AI units or they will fall to the ground.

Thanks Donnovan,

I installed infistar and can see the heli's in the sw corner - they just keep spawning but are not moving ...

http://imgur.com/l7v0yz4