Hacked?

jdidds

I was playing on one of the Europe servers today and some guy started shooting me, so I killed him. I went to loot his corpse and I got booted from the server and apparently killed. Could it be that this guy was a hacker that had me killed off? This guy had everything on him. NV, nice weapon, GPS, everything. I forget what his name was, Pablo something or other.  I was finally getting somewhere in the game and then this happens. Most annoying.

Edited by jdidds
Added some extra text

No, I didn't. Would I do that through the servers website or is it possible to do it in game?

A good admin will monitor the side chat, you might not get an instant reply but if you're regular he/she should make contact, if they have a website that would be better or a TS3 server.

I'm putting my money on a badmin... go find another server

Only the OP knows what the server is run like, it would be a shame if admins trolled their players but anyone with pocket money can run a server, if so just put it down to experience and move on.

I'm pretty new to playing Epoch, so I have no idea how they run the server. I also just got ganked by three players, and when there are only 4 of you on it starts to get a little bit suspicious when you know that you just got killed by 2 other players a good 20km away. You respawn at a different traders and start afresh, only to bump in to the only other players on the server in a completely different area of the map. Seems a little fishy to me. I'm playing on the HV.ee server. As far as I know, there weren't any new names in the players listing. I thought at first that it was AI, but when I was killed it said "was killed by a survivor".

Can anyone recommend a good PVPPE server?

Can anyone recommend a good PVPPE server?

Define good ? what others like you may not.

Best option is to look through the server adverts, see what features the server has, see how quickly they update and go explore, you'll find something you like, plenty choice with many unique servers.

OMG. This happened again to me. Here's the situation. I was over at Negados. Only 2 other people on besides myself. I was scouting out the area and I get shot. Strange to bump in to people when there are only 2 others on, I thought. Anyways, they killed me. The server informed me that I was killed by "a survivor", though it didn't specify who. I thought I would attempt to retreive my corpse and my gear, thinking that the player would have most likely moved off at that point. They hadn't. They where guarding my body. I then saw two other players besides him in the area (note that there where only 2 other players besides me on the server in the player listing). Somehow, my patience I'm thinking, I managed to kill two of the group and retreive a weapon, after which I hastily retreated. The thing that struck me as odd was when I killed the two guarding my body, they where people that weren't even in the server player list. Could they be hidden? If so, why? Or could they be AI? They had foreign sounding names..possible finnish if I recall.

The server I'm playing on is this one:

http://dayz.kriba.ee/index.php/board,4.0.html

So, what is going on here? Hidden players? Possible hackers or AI? I'm getting a little annoyed with this and I will be contacting the admins when I can.

OMG. This happened again to me. Here's the situation. I was over at Negados. Only 2 other people on besides myself. I was scouting out the area and I get shot. Strange to bump in to people when there are only 2 others on, I thought. Anyways, they killed me. The server informed me that I was killed by "a survivor", though it didn't specify who. I thought I would attempt to retreive my corpse and my gear, thinking that the player would have most likely moved off at that point. They hadn't. They where guarding my body. I then saw two other players besides him in the area (note that there where only 2 other players besides me on the server in the player listing). Somehow, my patience I'm thinking, I managed to kill two of the group and retreive a weapon, after which I hastily retreated. The thing that struck me as odd was when I killed the two guarding my body, they where people that weren't even in the server player list. Could they be hidden? If so, why? Or could they be AI? They had foreign sounding names..possible finnish if I recall.

The server I'm playing on is this one:

http://dayz.kriba.ee/index.php/board,4.0.html

So, what is going on here? Hidden players? Possible hackers or AI? I'm getting a little annoyed with this and I will be contacting the admins when I can.

Sounds like AI to me mate.

Definitely AI. They are called "survivors" in Epoch or sometimes Epoch Militia Soldier. They spawn behind you and kill you like ninjas before you figure out where they are :) When I first started I confused AI with people all the time, now it is easy to tell if someone is shooting at your or is it AI.

UAV drone AI despawn after your death or when you log out (of course in that way UAV will come back later). Other types of AI do not despawn as far as I know. Or at least, not when they kill you. Been playing on Mell's house so memories of PVE servers came back :D Though haven't died yet, too cautious.

Definitely AI. They are called "survivors" in Epoch or sometimes Epoch Militia Soldier. They spawn behind you and kill you like ninjas before you figure out where they are :) When I first started I confused AI with people all the time, now it is easy to tell if someone is shooting at your or is it AI.

Apart from some mission AI the ones on my server all wear red berets and this fact is broadcast in Global, of course not every player reads Global and I am sure they think they have been killed by another player.

Apart from some mission AI the ones on my server all wear red berets and this fact is broadcast in Global, of course not every player reads Global and I am sure they think they have been killed by another player.

It is always nice feature when AI wears distinguishing clothes. Long time ago I played in a server with AI who wore white scientist clothes :D Fun experience. The ones in Mell's House though wear anything, from helmets to all kinds of clothes, ghillie suits, marksmen DLC rifles... dangerous.

Edited by KPABATOK

It is usually easier to run AI out the box with random kit and requires a bit more time to give them some kind of distinguishing feature of course some server owners/admins may like the fact that it is hard to tell the difference between players and bots, when the cultist went missing I was trying to create some pistol only armed civilians to look like players which actually turned out harder to do then I thought but now the cultist is back it was a good excuse to put it on the back burner, lol

Today I saw cultist too. 3 spawned at my base one after another lol. No idea what was triggering them since it was day time. But then again, after so much time of not seeing them it is nice that they are back. Also their AI seems to be changed a little bit. And they have now better loot too.