Newbie in distress

knupdaed

Question

I was wondering if anyone would be willing/able to help me install an AI Mission onto my epoch 3.3.0 server, i get where to put most of the files but im having trouble figuring out how to edit my server startup parameters. I hear about them some mods tell you to add lines to the startup parameters but im clueless on how to do that. any help would be awesome. 

Edited by knupdaed

13 answers to this question

i think you mean the startup batch right? the part where you tell the server what ip and port to use etc?

in this there should be a tag "-mod=" without the quotes, this is where you add your server side mods, for instance if you wanted to add epoch it would look like this normally "-mod=@Epoch0320"

my entire line reads like this

start "arma3" /min /high /affinity 30 "arma3server.exe" -mod=@Epoch0320;@EpochHive;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@Bornholm;@masvehicles;@mas19; -config=sc\config.cfg -ip=195.154.133.175 -port=2326 -profiles=sc -malloc=system -cfg=sc\basic.cfg -name=sc -autoInit -loadMissionToMemory

not sure if this is what you were after, my ai missions are called from my init file......

hope this helps

Edited by XMortX

I was wondering if anyone would be willing/able to help me install an AI Mission onto my epoch 3.3.0 server, i get where to put most of the files but im having trouble figuring out how to edit my server startup parameters. I hear about them some mods tell you to add lines to the startup parameters but im clueless on how to do that. any help would be awesome. 

AI missions won't need to alter the launch parameters, none posted here do anyway.

What mission system you wanting to use ?

AI missions won't need to alter the launch parameters, none posted here do anyway.

What mission system you wanting to use ?

any really, just want some random ai missions to spawn across the map. ive tried SEM didnt work so i guess i did something wrong and then i couldnt figure out blckeagles or WAI :/

Just follow the instructions step by step, most require an init.sqf but by default Epoch doesn't use it, either use the one supplied with the Ai script or make one, best using the one included.

Either way, none of the Ai scripts require the servers launch parameters to be changed.