Origins Overpoch Taviana Server Help

haywiresoloist

Question

Hi.

I posted this on my server host page and thought I would try here as well. I apologize I am not used to forums so I am not sure of the etiquette used. So I guess I will just start off with the issues. I admin a server for a friend and after reading all of the great things the origins mod brings to the game we decided to go with the original map where it started, taviana thinking this would be easier to figure out.

So far Section B does not work. I have tried adding modified server and mission PBO's. I have even tried using ElDubya's files reference this thread http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35277-release-overpochins-taviana-server-with-lots-and-lots-of-mods/&page=1

That did not turn out well either.

The only thing I did not do was have the mods in red

DayZ_Epoch_Server
Battleye Folder
Keys folder
DayzOrigins1.7.9.5 (not included)
DayzOverwatch (not included)

placed in the server PBO as they stated because I figured they were already on the server. That and I did not know if I just downloaded them and placed them in there as is or if I needed to use only certain files. However now I am back to square one and a freshly nuked server. This is a private server that will only be available to a a few friends (5 at most) that just want to play together who live in the same area so it is very easy to test things and then wipe the server if it does not work.

So I guess my questions are is the Section B stuff supposed to work right out of the box or do I need to do something to the server either with the standard SS PBO's on it or the persons modded PBO's I listed?

Is it a load order thing either on the server end or the client end?

What would really be helpful is if there was a wiki or info page that explained modding, server setup and client setup to include load order of mods somewhere. And by server setup I mean while using a server company not setting up one from your house or for something other than DayZ mod for Arma 2.

I am a hands on learner or in this case a see it then do it learner. Everything I have come across so far has not helped me or was unrelated to my issues.

I think what would make me understand all this is if someone who was running the same exact thing I want to allowed me to use their server and mission PBO's. Understanding that the server will never be open to the public so there is no way to draw people away from their server. At least this way I could open the files up in Notepad ++ side by side and learn what is different and what makes what work. I think though I would be hard pressed to find anyone that would do that as they get nothing for it except if I coupe them some cash. There is still the trust issue because I am just some random whose word of "I promise not to compete with your server" really does not mean anything because people do not know me.

Again I apologize for probably not even asking the right questions.Thanks in advance for any help.

Actually what would be the best thing would be if I could find tutorials on all of the things I am trying to do. Tutorials on Arma2 DayZ mod in general. This way I could learn how to do things myself and not have to rely on others for answers. If anyone has any hidden gems of learning or tutorials that would be most appreciated and beneficial.

Edited by haywiresoloist
New Info

Actually if you have ElDubya's files you have everything you need already and probably just have done something wrong along the way if it isn't working. What it means by the files missing is that you have to place those in the root section of your server and you can get those online.They need to be placed in folders that look like @<insert_mod_name/foldername> example @dayz_origins or @dayz_origins_1795. There are many tutorials right here on this website that you can use to help. Stickied right in this section you posted is how to set up a server from scratch and how to troubleshoot most client side problems.  If you plan on renting a server it is as easy as contacting a server host company and letting them know what you want they set all(or most) of  the stuff up for you. I ran into trouble trying to set up ElDubya's files originally, put a ticket in for help with the server company I am with, and they found the problem which wasn't related to his files, they fixed the problem and they just went ahead and installed the stuff for me.(Vert Hosting btw awesome job always in my experience) 

If you are just starting out you'll need to get better at searching either this site or internet as most of the stuff you asked has been answered before. I don't mean this in a bad way I am talking about refining your search to get what you need. I know it has many times helped me out.

The load thing has to be correct on both ends as the files with the same names will overwrite one another as the mod gets loaded into memory.

You'll need to post a server report and possible a client report in order for people to give you more detailed help on a particular problem.

(Edit) I am willing to help thru this thread but my knowledge is just barely above beginning as I use search tools to find most of my answers yet.

Edited by DaveA
add comment

ok I am not familar with their set up but you should be either able to click on the mods you want to run or put in a ticket for which ones you need them to install. You need dayz epoch 1.0.5.1, Overwatch 0.2.5, and Origins 1.7.9.5, and then the dayz_epoch_server stuff provided by eldubya.  Once these are installed to the root of the server then the fun stuff can begin.

Hmm 8 gb sounds way to big they should all be uploaded seperately, and they don't need to be packed into a pbo as far as I know except the dayz_server folder that goes in the addons folder under (well in my case) @Dayz_epoch_server. It may be different with your host tho. I believe they are less than 3gb each and your provider may or may not load them for you. I would ask if they can install the mods if you aren't able to upload that much.

Thanks to all of those who responded in the thread and via PM.

It was very helpful on your part and, it was just my lack of how the files organize on any given server that was the missing link. I could understand what you all were describing as to how the coding and scripting should look, however I did not know where the pieces went. After My friend explained to me how the whole things works, in detail through video and phone... I got it, well for the most part.

I was able to do the following to the server.

• 1.Get ElDubyas huge incredibly awesome server package running flawlessly. (props to you sir for creating such a beautiful amalgam of mods and addons)
  • 2. Make Zombies slower.
  • 3. Make Zombies HS kill only.
  • 4. Spawn more Zombies.
  • 5. Make Zombies more dangerous.

The last four items have taken DayZ from being a game where you did not have to worry about zombies and could take a lackadaisical approach to your server wanderings to a panic fest. The days of being surrounded by Zombies meaning nothing, looking at your gear or changing a tire with the attitude of "I got time" because I can bandage up... Yeah those days are over for me. It really brought back the survival fear the game when new and areas where not known had. Now when you have gear you love, and things that took you forever to gather riding on the fact that you stay alive, those risks you used to take do not seem so frivolous anymore. The realism of really having to weigh the benefits of going into an area and most likely dyeing VS what you will gain are real again. Every bullet counts. And even though they are slower you still have to choose the best course of action in weapons and tactics. You could go in guns a blazing as they are slow. But what if you fall? What if you are pinned down by AI? Being surrounded by 70 zombies that are most often 1 hit kill to you and only die if taken down by a head shot... Well the odds are no longer in your favor. And probably one of the major pluses of all of this is that the Zombies are back to being the number one threat on our server. The AI are dangerous and used to be what I worried about and died form the most. Now however the Zombies are at the top of the food chain again. The AI are still dangerous but their threat pales in comparison. I will put it this way. I would rather engage the AI than deal with a horde of zombies.

Being able to do all that on such a well polished server package as ElDubya has provided has made it an incredible experience.

There are a few little tweaks that need to be administered to the Zombies but they are minor polishing effects at best.

Now my big thing is to try and create an even greater feel of the Zombie apocalypse by making the streets a little more crowded with vehicles. Like the photos below. A mix of about 20 - 1 (non-salvageable to salvageable) vehicles. But do it in a way as to not cause server lag. Not sure if this can be done through the use of dynamic loaded vehicle spawns or static. Still a little unclear on what effects overall frame rate for the client.

zombies-highway.jpg~originalvanishing-on-7th-street-abandoned-highwaatlanta-zombie-apocalypse.jpg?itok=xv-4Q52eb0a36aa93a.preview-620.jpgWalking+Dead+Still.jpgzombie-highway.jpg

Also want to make it so that the stuff we build is persistent and never goes away. I know how to increase the amount of junk you can build and I can see where you can change the plot pole build radius and protection however I am unaware if there is an upper limit to those that by surpassing it you run the risk of destabilizing your server. I would also like to add a vehicle to the game but have never seen it done and it is actually a nice little truck and cannot understand why it has not been added. The Dingo is an awesome vehicle.  Every time I try to add it through the spawn menu it says it is there but it is invisible to me. Been like that since I started playing this game.

Anyways Cheers.

And if anyone who is super new to this stuff has questions I can try to answer them as best I can. Not because I am an expert now but because I finally understand how the system works and it is super easy once you are shown the proper way for your learning style. And that might be what someone needs. They would understand it if they could understand it. If that makes sense. Not everyone learns by rote.

Ah. Right then. I saw the video tile and assumed it was for Arma 3. I have used something called JonC5 editor. But I think that was just an easy way to launch the Arma editor, is that correct. I am new to this so those might be ignorant questions and observations. Oh and by used I mean tried it for 3 minutes.

Cheers

Edited by haywiresoloist

Thank you for the response. Yeah better searching is a plus, I will get there eventually. I saw a few "...create server from scratch" threads but did not think they pertained to me because I use Survival servers. I will check into this more. Again thanks for the reply.

as for creating a server from scratch.  Thats what i did, and i suggest anyone that has a computer strong enough to do so.  I have a few servers running on my PC, i use them for testing and installing mods before going live.  I followed the thread with "70 detailed steps)  << that will help you get a better understanding of the files too.

Once i got it running, i used eldubyas release. I have 2 servers live with his release. One tavi and one cherno.  Even if you have survival servers, this is one you nee to treat as "fully custom".  You cant use anything they provide.  Basically all you need to do is upload the files in the correct place so they work.  In elduyas thread, i posted a way to get it working on vilayer.  I assume its somewhat similar with survival servers.  Putting the server files and mission files in the correct place, the keys in the correct folder and so on...

So technically, you should be able to take his files, untouched, upload them and overwrite the current files, and it should work... 

as for creating a server from scratch.  Thats what i did, and i suggest anyone that has a computer strong enough to do so.  I have a few servers running on my PC, i use them for testing and installing mods before going live.  I followed the thread with "70 detailed steps)  << that will help you get a better understanding of the files too.

Once i got it running, i used eldubyas release. I have 2 servers live with his release. One tavi and one cherno.  Even if you have survival servers, this is one you nee to treat as "fully custom".  You cant use anything they provide.  Basically all you need to do is upload the files in the correct place so they work.  In elduyas thread, i posted a way to get it working on vilayer.  I assume its somewhat similar with survival servers.  Putting the server files and mission files in the correct place, the keys in the correct folder and so on...

So technically, you should be able to take his files, untouched, upload them and overwrite the current files, and it should work... 

Yeah once I was shown how the file system works it made sense. We got everything working and then some. The zombies are now ZOMBIES. So the last thing is to add wrecked and stalled abandoned vehicles to the server without causing a huge FPS hit. Can you link me to this 70 plus step thing you speak of? Thanks.

Glad you guys are getting some use out of it. I also have a few other servers I will release one day. A heavily scripted Napf overpoch with coins, a Namalsk Epoch that has EMP storms, Namalsk zombies, cold weather, warm clothes, bloodsuckers, gauss rifle spawns, and my baby, an Epoch-Oring server complete with Piggd's banking, advanced alchemical crafting, traders, AI strongholds, AI missions ..... the works. I get bored and build servers on my test machine, then store them on an external drive. Call it a sickness :)

Glad you guys are getting some use out of it. I also have a few other servers I will release one day. A heavily scripted Napf overpoch with coins, a Namalsk Epoch that has EMP storms, Namalsk zombies, cold weather, warm clothes, bloodsuckers, gauss rifle spawns, and my baby, an Epoch-Oring server complete with Piggd's banking, advanced alchemical crafting, traders, AI strongholds, AI missions ..... the works. I get bored and build servers on my test machine, then store them on an external drive. Call it a sickness :)

yeah me too lol i have 5 servers on my pc atm.  I decided to code a server from scratch. I really wanted p4l and global bank.  But your servers have made our community popular. I thank you for that :)  Im rolling one of the new servers out tomorrow.  Gona be a long day lol

Thanks for doing what you do. I am hoping that I am not coming into this too far past the games born on date. I feel a lot of people have given up on DayZ Mod for Arma2 and have moved on to Arma3 modding. Sad though because regardless of all the funky things that go on in this game and how difficult it is for some of us to mod it really still has a lot of potential in my eyes.

so something strange. If I play Arma2 the ACR missions or whatever it is I can get in and drive a dingo. Shows up in my game and everything. If I try to spawn a dingo in our Dayz server it says it spawned it but it is invisible and does not show in the game. Any clues ast to why this would be? I have also set an @ACR folder in my start parameter however this does not seem to help. I really want the dingo to be available in our server. Coolest piece of gear yet.

Any and all help is appreciated beyond scope.

cheers

you need to have the @ACR folder in both the server side and client side.  The server needs to launch it, which it does because you can spawn it in, your client is most likely not loading it.   In your Arma 2 OA folder in the steam library, you need to make sure the @ACR folder is there too, and it your client launch parameters. 

A player "seeing" a invisible vehicle is a missing addon...client side.

you need the @ACR folder there too, with the server keys

Would server keys matter if I have verification turned off?

Also this is a case of I think I could figure this out and upload the correct files however I am not sure what exactly to include. Are you saying that I copy the @ACR folder I have on my client and paste it in the server root?

Also the game spawns everything BAF and PMC that I ask it to. But for some reason the ACR content has always given problems. It will always say I need to install it if I right click on the STEAM OA launch link it will also state it if I double click the launch link as one of the options. Install ACR, play in window, Launch without battle eye...

I took several screenshots of what it says when I enable certain items and when I do not. But every time no matter what it will say somewhere either on the front load screen in the upper right, the front load screen down on the left with a graphic or in the expansions screen that army of the Czech republic is running.

I can upload the screen shots if that helps.

Appreciate it.