Armed Vehicles

GheistGaming

Hello there!

Yesterday I had my third session of Epoch. I played with two friends who were new to the game, too. When we decided to build our first base and gathered wood etc. a tank showed up with three or four soldiers.

They relly tore us apart within 3 minutes and I was barely able to kill one of the enemies and hit them with a HE rocket (without any effect) before they rolled over my crippled legs. They took our cars, our loot and our gear we had equipped. Nothing wrong with that - dying is part of the game and I really like all DayZ-like mods for this feature. Even if the fight is kind of unfair, like 5 vs 1. Still ok with me, that's the game. But an armored and armed vehicle? Left aside that we were noobs, I do not even know the vehicles name. I do not think something like this tank should be implemented into this kind of gameplay. There already were issues in Arma 2 mods with op vehicles. 

Maybe I am wrong and you guys like that. Well, I don't. So I am done with Epoch after two days and will take a look at Exile. As far as I know (from the Exile Wiki) there are no armed tanks there.

Please let me know your opinion on that. Thanks you guys!

No worries. I only say it because epoch doesn't spawn tanks as default.

We have them as buyable vehicles on our server, but we're PVE anyway so they're used for doing missions (depending on whether players want to risk a 30k tank at a mission which is spec'd to cope with tanks.

I just didn't want you throwing a decent mod away due to something an owner has implemented.

Agreed! We also have no armed vehicles and very few armored vehicles.We spent a long time deciding whether to allow them to spawn / be bought or not. We also don't have rockets for the same reason.

We are a PVP server with AI missions but we spent a long time working out how to keep play fair and balanced. Sadly the new mod that shall remain unnamed in this post has decimated numbers on our Epoch server but I'm hoping this will return when the novelty has worn off and then we'll get a more even split on each of the Mods.