Vehicle and Base Lock Time Extension

Howlz123

I love the Arma 3 epoch and the feel, it's such an amazing upgrade from Arma 2. My only issue is the vehicle lock times, I have a life, work and school as most other people do and cannot keep logging in every day to check on a vehicle I secured. I want to build a base but to do that I need to gather materials and store them temporarily in a car but the problem I had on previous servers was that the vehicles became unlocked after server restart or after about 30 minutes of not being used and all my stuff would get stolen. I miss the Arma 2 version where if you locked a car, no one could loot or steal it (unless they stole parts of the car or just blew it up, which is fair game in my opinion). Can someone please recommend a couple of servers that implement this script/version? I have a 4 man squad looking to really get into Arma 3, but this issue is hindering us. Thanks.

There are server hosts who have longer lock times on vehicles, but they do unlock eventually, also just choosing where to play on that one criteria may not suit.

So my other suggestion is to look for indestructible bases as a server feature. This way you can loot to order so you can build at least a small base which is secured by a jammer. Maybe with 4 of you you could build a garage first to then put vehicle in and expand your base around that.

If you utilise an existing world structure to occupy remember it is only the epoch built parts that are indestructible, the world building will come down with a satchel charge, so always line it with epoch built walls etc.

Hope this helps you out?