{"ItemLockbox","magazine",0.01},
			{"CinderBlocks","magazine",0.03},
			{"MortarBucket","magazine",0.03},
			{"ItemTentOld","magazine",0.05},
			{"ItemWire","magazine",0.03},
			{ "ItemToolbox", "weapon", 0.03 },
			{ "ItemSledge", "weapon", 0.1 }
		};

Can anyone explain why my supply drops have vehicle weapon ammo in them instead of what I have defined in the custom loot table? Is the supply drop event not pulling the data from my custom loot table? Before anyone asks, yes, my custom loot tables ARE working properly elsewhere.

11 answers to this question

If you're on about those black boxes around the map then inside them they will always have vehicle ammo, your loot table is used for items scattered around the box and not the stuff inside of it

There's never anything scattered around the box. Looking at the supply_drop.sqf, it certainly looks like it's supposed to use the custom loot table to fill that box if that's what I have set up:

_lootTable = "SupplyDrop";

If a custom loot table is enabled, use that:

if (DZE_MissionLootTable) then {
		_itemTypes = [] + getArray (missionConfigFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> _lootTable >> "lootType");
	} else {
		_itemTypes = [] + getArray (configFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> _lootTable >> "lootType");
	};

Loot won't always be there but from time to time you should see stuff laying around the crate, it was kinda broken since 1.0.5.1 patch so loot actually spawned in a single spot in center of the crate aswell

In all my time playing Epoch, I have never once seen loot around the supply crate. I'm not expert at sqf, but looking at the supply_crate.sqf that comes with Epoch, I don't even see the code to put loot around the box, only to fill it.

the ammo crates are working this way:

at server start there will spawn a defined amount (look up you init.sqf) if crates (with no loot around).

then there is a chance new crates will spawn via you epoch events (in init.sqf too)

these will have sometimes random loot lying around the crate. this definetly works, I dont have it altered on my server, and sometimes we see the loot (defined in the loottable)

lying there.

the ammocrate itself is defined in the cfgvehicles config (which is in the dayzcode).

class Land_ammo_supply_wreck : Ruins {
        scope = protected;
        model = "\z\addons\dayz_epoch\models\ammo_supply_wreck.p3d";
        displayName = "Supply Crate";
        removeoutput[] = {{"100Rnd_762x54_PK", {0, 1}}, {"29Rnd_30mm_AGS30", {0, 1}}, {"50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM", {0, 1}}, {"100Rnd_127x99_M2", {0, 1}}, {"2000Rnd_762x51_M134", {0, 1}}, {"48Rnd_40mm_MK19", {0, 1}}, {"100Rnd_762x51_M240", {0, 1}}};
    };

it can be done to alter the loot in the crate. you would need to get the configentry for the supply crate to you missionfile and alter it there.

also on rmoving the crate the file must know where to look for the new config when spawning the custom crate.

something like:

if(_isWreckAmmocrate) then {
                    _selectedRemoveOutput = getArray (missionConfigFile >> "Ammocrate" >> _objType >> "removeoutput");

Edited by seelenapparat

I have nothing in my init.sqf defining ammo crates spawns when the server starts. Can you provide the variables to that? All I have is the supply_drop.sqf being called via the "EpochEvents" line. So if the crates with the ammo is are generated on server start up, that means the supply_drop.sqf isn't be executed because that crate should have items as defined in my loot table.

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

1.) the variable for the ammo crates is:

MaxAmmoBoxes = 4; where 4 is my amount on spawned supply crates.

2.) this is the epoch event you are looking for to spawn further boxes:

EpochEvents = [
["any","any","any","any",0,"supply_drop"],];

3.) check you serverfunctions.sqf in your server.pbo. for the spawned ammocrates on server start.

the function is called: spawn_ammosupply.

4.) and no, the ammobox wouldnt have the items you defined (in your loottable) in the box. only lying around the box.

the ammo inside the box is, as I said, defined in a different config. not in the loottable.

Edited by seelenapparat

It's not the ammo crates as defined in init.sqf that I am worried about. I'll set MaxAmmoBoxes=0 so those don't spawn. The module called supply_drop.sqf is what I was talking about from the beginning. I have it set to run at 15 after the hour, with a 50% chance of success. The log shows this:

4:15:07 "RUNNING EVENT: supply_drop on [2015,8,29,21,15]"

I'll need to add some more logging of information and maybe add a marker for debug testing. Perhaps these are spawning but I just never found them. Maybe I always found the one defined in init.sqf.

When it spawns like this you can only pick up one thing at a time too even tho on screen everything is visible. The extra loot is quite nice and in my experience usually made up of building supplies.

Well I had two quotes from above and they don't seem to be showing up. One was from Antichrist and the other was from BetterDeadThanZed.

Edited by DaveA
not showing my quotes