Items getting moved after restart

gavner

Question

Hey All,

So I've running into an issue where any spawned items such as plot poles, walls, safes etc all end up getting moved after any restart. 

Here is the error in the RPT file:

_object setdir _dir;
_object setposATL _pos;
_object se>
23:44:11   Error position: <_dir;
_object setposATL _pos;
_object se>
23:44:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: _dir
23:44:11 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 178
23:44:11 "MOVED OBJ: "267" of class CinderWallSmallDoorway_DZ to pos: [7031.45,8706.59,0]"
23:44:11 Error in expression <eCargoGlobal  _object;

I have been looking around forums and trying my own things to fix this for a few nights now and haven't gotten very far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My server_monitor file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/15qyhc2vmmxph8f/server_monitor.sqf?dl=0

My Mission File:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz9jk8h0lehabcc/files_20150826143009 - Copy.zip?dl=0 

RPT log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lioyiha1r5u3oz/arma2oaserver.RPT?dl=0

6 answers to this question

Thanks for the replies on this, So reading that mod it sounds like it keeps objects from moving slightly. 

Let's say I put down a plot pole and 2 walls and then restart the server. When I log back in those objects are nowhere around that area at all. I see that error in the RPT log so it looks like they are being moved somewhere else on the map however I have not yet located any of them. haha

I will install this later today after work and see how it goes. 

Thanks again for taking a look at this. i'll let you know how it goes. : )

Thanks for the replies on this, So reading that mod it sounds like it keeps objects from moving slightly. 

Let's say I put down a plot pole and 2 walls and then restart the server. When I log back in those objects are nowhere around that area at all. I see that error in the RPT log so it looks like they are being moved somewhere else on the map however I have not yet located any of them. haha

I will install this later today after work and see how it goes. 

Thanks again for taking a look at this. i'll let you know how it goes. : )

if you cant find them on the map, check the database for the world position then go back to your map and search for that position.

Why its doing that i have no clue, it has never happened to me.  Only thing i could think of is an issue somewhere with the instance.  Instance 11 is cherno, 13 is tavi. etc..

Hey All,

The issue is fixed!! So Excited!!!! So what I found was when installing the precise building script I found out that there was some code from that script in parts of my files already, I assume it might have happened when merging the P4L files into mine. Once I fully installed the precise building script the issue has stopped and all is well in the world. 

Thank you so much guys for pointing out that script, has saved me so many hours.