Getting strange BE kick

Dovev

Question

Hey,

I hope i am in the right forum for this. I have just looked at my publicvariable.log and have seen this line:

26.08.2015 13:39:29: Halim XXXX (134.3.254.XX:2304) dcXX509f0c4ffXX4958c6XX4ff8363e2 - Value Restriction #0 "EPAH_hqxrayu" = ["oxqhhtppglgmjneiwjzlzwrdtgqvvojpozmktmpu",B Alpha 1-1:1 (Halim XXXX) REMOTE,"callwjdk"]

For me, that does not look like a valid Epoch action. What could this be?

9 answers to this question

Our tokens ("callwjdk" in this case) are randomly generated 5-10 characters long and can randomly cause this false positive if the random string has the word "call" or "exec" or any other word from publicvariableval.txt in it.

To fix this replace your current publicvariableval.txt with this:

5 "call" !="[a-z]{5,10}"
5 "compile"
5 "spawn"
5 "exec" !="[a-z]{5,10}"
5 "loadFile"
5 "preprocessFile"
5 "tostring"
5 "\.sqf"

This will make sure it now will only kick if the word "call" if used as not a part of a string 5 to 10 characters long. 

Please let me know if you have any further issues, otherwise this fix will be a part of the next release.

Edited by vbawol

@Dovev: thanks :) Sorry I can not think of any good blogs or docs that I know of. I teached it myself by trying and trying and trying and trying and trying ;)
To be honest, I do know a blog but the owner of that does not deserve to get any views. And the posts on that blog are mostly hard to understand from a starter's point of view and they even have very annoying mistakes in there which is very frustrating.
If you have any questions though; PM me and I will do the best I can to help you.

Cheers

It is only this one. Normally I am able to configurate the be filters. But the information given in the log are strange for me. 

"EPAH_hqxrayu" = ["oxqhhtppglgmjneiwjzlzwrdtgqvvojpozmktmpu"

What kind of action should that be? This looks not like an official epoch action. 

Maybe someone tried to get into the antihack menu without being authorized to do so. Weird kicks that have EPAH in them can be considered as a counter measure against script kids.

What is it that worries you about this error?

The player is a n actual player on my server with his clan. I have a look on him on a regular basis. Can't tell any strange things, yet. But will have a look at the bans.txt to be sure next week. 

Btw: Your scripts are really nice! I am starting to script my own stuff since a few weeks. But even for me as an long year developer it feels really disturbing sometimes. Arma is a strange thing :) would you give me a hint for a good blog or some nice docs?

Edit: Thanks a lot vbawol!

Edited by Dovev