Has everyone really gone to exile?

dnk_paul

saw that video, was pretty awesome, too bad that they were the only 2 people on the server so no lag :) But zombies themselves looked 100 times better than arma 2 or dayz playalone. Also jumping over fence animation was pretty well done.

P.S. and I would play on such a server even if it had only 10 or 20 people limit (to avoid lag etc.) because it would be more survival than PvP were you meet a guy in every bigger city on Altis with 80 players online. I personally never liked big servers, too crowded, breaks immersion of being alone survivalist. In my humble opinion, Altis only good for max 30-40 people.

Edited by KPABATOK

• 2 weeks later...

On my Exile server i took out the zombie idea all together and configure AI Players, all missions are police based and all roaming AI are players. fits in much more.

I want Epoch to do something groundbreaking as I like the mod but there are no antagonists worth fretting over so the two mods are nearly the same thing, people might get bored of it but they wont come back to the same thing.... the AI in Epoch either whisper at you or grumble so you can hear them from miles away. 

I posted a while ago, I don't want to feel safe when I was in or out of my base. having an antagonist that looked terrifying and could also scale the wall of your base, burn through the door, lay eggs in your dead body for when you re-spawn and return, hide in buildings, screamed for reinforcements that came from any nearby woods and send in baby versions over your wall or under your floors to poison you, forcing you out of your base to look for meds which need to be eaten fresh so you cant stock pile, one that comes after you after changes all that back into a horror! (Think the Tyranid Lictor from games workshop). Add to that AI players/thugs who go round looting, base attacking with melee weapons alongside basic fashioned weapons like cross bows or bows ect then AI players who sit on the roadside or anywhere with a small box with high value gear begging for help and have a % chance that its an ambush. Build the missions into the ambiance so its seamless, no HUD, Admin tools that identify the admin with a big red arrow so they cant cheat, no pop up missions, and turn it into the mod its suppose to be.  

Snippets of player counts from gametracker.  This says it all.  Epoch is losing steam and losing it fast.  Glad to hear the Sequisha is gone.  He was awful to the public and its sad he represented the mod.  

From a couple of hours ago.

Epoch - sorted by player count - http://prntscr.com/8iunnv TOP 50: http://prntscr.com/8iw9ql

Exile - sorted by player count - http://prntscr.com/8iunzq TOP 50: http://prntscr.com/8iw9cg

Edit: fixed images

Epoch is quite old mod, people lose interest too, especially when there is new mod and all that hype and stuff. Yes, Epoch have now like 10 major servers and 20-30 with a handful of players and then a whole list on 300 empty servers. But that's because setting up a server is very easy and even though, not cheap, if anyone can do with amount of money for one month server rent (after one month most servers are gone lol) then yeah.

On Exile case, it is the hype. These mods are not identical except for building which looks very similar though it is much more advanced in Exile. It only to laymen those mods look similar, I played, they are not similar at all unless you take into account that all top Epoch servers have these stupid black market traders where you can buy everything anytime so no point on looting, then yes, in this regard mods are similar. But if we compared Vanilla versions, Epoch is survival, Exile is more PVP based Wasteland alternative.

• 3 months later...
On 9/6/2015 at 11:10 AM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I tried it out. I wasn't that impressed. At least Epoch has it's antagonists. Exile doesn't have any threat except glitches and other players. I'm watching 2017 as the next big A3 mod. In the meantime, I'm still having fun on A2 Epoch.

Nice Signature.

• raymix locked this topic