Forum software update feedack

ekroemer

I'm not sure where to post the feedback vbawol invited us to in http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/37250-website-and-forum-migrated-and-updated/.

• It seems one cannot copy&paste from forum posts anymore, I see this as a major drawback (even if I suspect that's a 'feature').
  • I don't like the nervous context sensitive behaviour either - just hover your mouse above the 'share this post' icon and you'll get the nicest flash on/off effects (at least with my connection, may be a performance issue).
  • The SW seems optimized for a 'Question'+'Answers' approach, not for ongoing discussions on a continous thread timeline. "Upvoting" a post to mark a particularly helpful contribution will lead to have this 'answer' sorted on top by default, thus severing any relations to prior posts that provide context. Imo 'sort by time' instead of 'sort by votes' should be default.

I also miss the 'My Content' option under my name to see all of the threads that I've participated in. There is a 'My Activity', but that's nowhere near as clear or as easy to use

I had a problem with copying and pasting before as well on the old software, it would let me copy out to other things like notepad, but wouldn't let me paste back in. Can't remember how I fixed it though :(

Invision upgrade, 4.x is brand new, 3.x is outdated and no longer supported.

Let me ask you this, do you still run Windows XP or have you also updated, notice how the new updates change the layouts and features ?

Either way, still look crap :D and html/css is fairly easy to change. Also devs could buy a forum theme with all the GSP donations.