Server stuck at Receiving Data

DjTranceFire

Question

Hey guys.

I'm currently having trouble with my server.

Yesterday everything was working fine.

Today its not possible to connect to my server.

Everyone who connects stucks at receiving data.

Cant find anything in my client or server rpt.

I changed nothing yesterday, the problem started while the server was running.

The player who where already on the server had no problem, only new players had the problem at connecting.

Obviously after the next restart everyone had the problem with receiving data.

I'm running the latest version of epoch, the server is running on linux.

I already validated the server and mod files.

11 answers to this question

20.08.2015, 12:54:28 BattlEye Server: Script Log: #0 Jamaal Yarris (58a4ab447faa7678a7c8ed7a4a10126f) - #22 ";
20.08.2015, 12:54:28   };
20.08.2015, 12:54:28  
20.08.2015, 12:54:28   case ".fsm": {
20.08.2015, 12:54:28   compileFinal format ["%1_fsm = _this execfsm '%2'; %1_fsm",_fncVar,_fncPath];
20.08.2015, 12:54:28   default {0}
20.08.2015, 12:54:28   "
20.08.2015, 12:54:28 BattlEye Server: Script Log: #0 Jamaal Yarris (58a4ab447faa7678a7c8ed7a4a10126f) - #23 "all 

and many many more.... What is your script.txt like? Empty it and put //new2 to the top

I'm using the latest version of scripts.txt available on the epoch github.

If i try to use //new2 on top of the scripts.txt everyone gets kicked for everything with the provided scripts.txt

Isnt an empty scripts.txt useless?

For now i fixed the problem, i just used the latest database backup, seems like something went wrong yesterday.

I had this issue too on my arma 2 epoch server. If your hosting your own server on windows 8 or 10 machine. Windows released some update that changed the ownership of the files and services on my machine. And in doing so my mysql server would not run. Maybe related to your issue. Maybe not. Something to think about

Most of those errors come from recompile function trying to preInit and postInit functions. I won't explain what exactly goes on there for security purposes.

By the looks of it your scripts filter is a bit too sensitive towards compile and compileFinal. If you are using custom scripts then it's RTFM issue (install one script at a time if new to this), if clean server then most likely a bug and should be reported.

I'm running a few custom scripts but the server was running for a few days without any problems.

The problem started just while the server was running, no changes were made at this time.

After using an backup of the database, everything was working again, but it started to get the same problem after some time.

So to make this a bit more clear:

Yesterday the server was running fine, got a restart at 9pm.

The server was still running fine till 11.30pm. At this point no players could connect to the server.

Everyone who tried to connect after 11.30pm was stuck at "receiving data" all other players could play.

After the restart at midnight everyone was stuck at "receiving data".

Today i've done a rollback to the backup database file from yesterday 9pm and everything was working again.

No problems at all and everyone could connect.

After about 2h, the exact same problem started again.

Same as yesterday, everyone who was already on the server had no problems but no other players could connect.

After a restart no one could connect.

So something is happening that crashes my database or something like that, i just dont know what it is.

The scripts.txt i'm using is the file that is provided within the serverfiles of epoch, no changes at all.

I removed the scripts.txt file and tried again to connect to the server, its still the same but there is no more spam in the log.

This is the new server rpt after removing the scripts.txt: http://pastebin.com/n0TjnB5G

There is absolutly nothing about the problem. :/

Here are some client rpt's but there is nothing i can find:

client #1: http://pastebin.com/txdWqNSi

client #2: http://pastebin.com/2mLJAthL

client #3: http://pastebin.com/9wVmajXw

Rolling back your DB to get it to work only to have it die again would seem to indicate you have a corrupted database.

To make life more interesting for you, Epoch build 0.3.2 just rolled out a short time ago so players subscribed to Steam Workshop are going to be unable to join your server anyway.

This patch updates redis to a newer version (among other behind the scenes changes) so be careful what you do to get back online.

I already updated my server to the latest epoch and redis files, the problem still exists.

Updating wasnt a big deal, but it still seems impossible to find the problem.

Obviously its something that corrupts my database, but on redis i'm not able to find the problem inside the db because i cant read it.

Would be so awesome to see epoch on mysql. :(