ASC_EU_LIGHTS Missing Please Help

LeDoot

I am trying to get DayZ mod for my friend to work but everytime he joins a server it goes to the player screen and he can log in, but when it starts loading, the bar gets stuck maybe 15/16 from the end. And it sits there until the game crashes and says something about "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted: asc_eu_lights" and then another message comes up after that.

It's so annoying, and he had played the game twice but then it broke after 2 times of playing. I don't know what to do. The "missing" file is in the epoch folder.

Please help

Thanks in advance.

it could be a few things so I will try to outline the most obvious first to try.  if you are playing "epoch" and not "overpoch" you need this in your launch parameters: -mod=@DayZ_Epoch; you can do this with Steam directly or use a program called DayZ Launcer (DZL).  DayZ Commander is now (sadly) dead. (If this is redundant info please excuse).

Steam instructions:

1) start Steam, go to your library. Right click on Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. Select properties.  Select Launch Parameters. (see attached image)

launch_Para_example_steam.thumb.png.8ca8

I have a few other parameters in mine.  -world empty,(no previously buffered scenes). -skipintro -skipsplash (because seeing the B.I. intro over and over just grinds my gears) 

side note: when you add a -mod=  the @DayZ_Epoch refers to a folder inside the Arma2 OA folder. If the folder and the -mod=@.... doesn't match then it won't work.  if you have the proper -mod (dont forget the semi-colon) and your friend is still getting this error, I would remove the folder and re-download it from this website: Epoch Client Files

my attached image shows:  -mod@DayZ_Epoch1051;  which has a matching folder.

Arma2OA_Epoch_folder.thumb.png.2a0caf1ab

I am trying to get DayZ mod for my friend to work but everytime he joins a server it goes to the player screen and he can log in, but when it starts loading, the bar gets stuck maybe 15/16 from the end. And it sits there until the game crashes and says something about "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted: asc_eu_lights" and then another message comes up after that.

It's so annoying, and he had played the game twice but then it broke after 2 times of playing. I don't know what to do. The "missing" file is in the epoch folder.

Please help

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Just_R
magical

it could be a few things so I will try to outline the most obvious first to try.  if you are playing "epoch" and not "overpoch" you need this in your launch parameters: -mod=@DayZ_Epoch; you can do this with Steam directly or use a program called DayZ Launcer (DZL).  DayZ Commander is now (sadly) dead. (If this is redundant info please excuse).

Steam instructions:

1) start Steam, go to your library. Right click on Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. Select properties.  Select Launch Parameters. (see attached image)

launch_Para_example_steam.thumb.png.8ca8

I have a few other parameters in mine.  -world empty,(no previously buffered scenes). -skipintro -skipsplash (because seeing the B.I. intro over and over just grinds my gears) 

side note: when you add a -mod=  the @DayZ_Epoch refers to a folder inside the Arma2 OA folder. If the folder and the -mod=@.... doesn't match then it won't work.  if you have the proper -mod (dont forget the semi-colon) and your friend is still getting this error, I would remove the folder and re-download it from this website: Epoch Client Files

my attached image shows:  -mod@DayZ_Epoch1051;  which has a matching folder.

Arma2OA_Epoch_folder.thumb.png.2a0caf1ab

So if I am trying to play Overpoch, (Which we are) would the launch parameters be: -mod@DayZOverwatch; -mod@DayZ_Epoch1051;

Since it is OVER (Overwatch) POCH (Epoch) so it has to launch Overwatch first and then Epoch or what am I getting confused by?

-mod=@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;   is what you need for overpoch for your launch parameters. ignore the 1051 at the end of my example (see below for explanation)

http://dayzoverwatch.com/download - where you can get overwatch in case you need it again.

===========================================================================

My example of @DayZ_Epoch1051 is only because I have my Epoch mod folder named this way. When you download the Epoch files from this site it comes as "@DayZ_Epoch".  

This is normal:

(below is the file you get from this site when you download client files)

aa_1.thumb.png.7c977171972c7cb2983bed3d3

(this is the folder you see when you open DayZ_Epoch_Client....7z)

The folder you just drag or copy or extract into your Arma 2 OA folder.  Same goes with the Overwatch folder. Both should be inside of Arma 2 OA.

aa_2.thumb.png.84a05cdd4e739559f7da34296

Let me know how it goes.

Edited by Just_R