Something AI for the weekend..

axeman

From what you say I gathered this 'flocking' behaviour could be added to any AI?

If it is specifically the UAV that is flocking I imagine some electronic signal occurring in the world would 'cause' this behaviour drawing the AI to an area, hopefully also players, where there is maybe a FOB with numerous AI soldiers and loot!

Or possibly it could be linked to a decaying players base, where the jammer is no longer maintained and the swarm of UAVs alerts other players to the location.

If this is the case the UAVs would have their usual detection mission disabled, allowing players to follow the swarm?

I know you have been working on sapper migrations, is this part of that work or separate?

Edited by TheStainlessSteelRat

Interesting..

Some sort of flying threat would be very interesting.  I'm not talking about a bot but a creature rather that can cause damage to a player.

In various group sizes dependent on the amount of players in a given area.

Take those current characteristics and change the skin to some sort of vampired looking vulture and amend the flying characteristics so it dives onto a player if it can.

Hmm, food for thought. The routine could be applied to agents, they do have a habit of pathing regardless of where you send them and the code would need tweaking as it currently used setVelocity rather then worldspace positions for its next target position.

Am looking to add object avoidance next. Is definitely currently more suited to a free flying object.

It does remind me of circling vultures could this be applied to the existing birds in Arma so they congregate over a corpse or corpses.

A2 dayz used to have those dead body heaps that you could loot sometimes so you could have a kind of macabre supply drop marked by circling birds.

Thinking about ways to apply this..

Boids did u mean Birds?

so hitchcock does it again , a flok of eye picking drones that kill the guy with the seeds

Just running around and getting thumbed to death by these angry mutant drones