commander and launcher not working?

Tradewell20

Question

Hi everyone, so I just started my own server and I went to test it out and launcher wont find my server at all and commander is like out of commission? All the research I've done keeps saying make sure the firewalls are set to let the launchers work, I have all the ports open (I think?) and still nothing, also does Dayz Commander still work? because randomly last month mine stopped working all together? the only things that show up are my Favorites and those are solid red with 10000 ping? it wont even find a single server, and launcher when ever I search for my server via my IP address it says "sorry the server is turned off" even though I have it running? so if someone could help me that would be great! I would prefer using Commander than launcher even though many say they like launcher more. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. thanks

4 answers to this question

First off, DayZ Commander was for DayZ Epoch.  You're posting under Arma 3 Epoch.  Commander was rendered useless... what, more than a year ago?  Gamespy was shut down and multiplayer matchmaking was taken over by Steam.  I'm not sure if he ever did update Commander.  I haven't played Dayz Epoch in over a year now though.

Oh so he did eventually update it eh? After that all went down I just started grabbing server ips and remoting in. It was quicker that way anyways if you were going to play on the same server every time since it saed the IP from last time.