a3_epoch_config

Xzempt

Question

I have a problem installing on linux and I can't find any answers so far.

This is my first time trying to set up an epoch server (I'm coming from Altis Life) So excuse my noobiness.

The problem is when I start the server then attempt to join it I get this spammed in the logs

http://pastebin.com/Ca4efUv5

Do I need @epoch folder and @epochhive?

If so, is the @epoch folder the same one used on the windows arma3 mods?

I can't figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

I am launching it with this... ./arma3server -mod=@epochhive\;@epoch -config=/home/steam/arma3/sc/config.cfg -cfg=/home/steam/arma3/sc/basic.cfg -port=2302 -name=sc

18 answers to this question

For anyone else that has this problem, 2 things.

1, in your launch parameters, you need to use -mod=@eopch\;@epochhive

2, make sure that your 'addons' folder is named EXACTLY like that and 'keys' folder...

For some reason when I got the @epoch mod the folder names were Addons and Keys. That is why it wasn't found...

now i am having this problem.

Epoch: Server DLL mismatch! Current:  Needed: 0.5.1.7

I have used the search function. I've been searching for hours. I've figured all that out already. After looking through 20 or more different posts, all saying different things, half don't even mention what fixed their issue.

I found the answer in a couple of other posts way down inside of other posts. Perhaps if things were easier to find, or the fix explicitly marked on topics that include [sOLVED] in the title that would help?

Try what i said in my last post ;)

also the startup parameters are not

-mod=@eopch\;@epochhive

but

-mod=@epoch; -servermod=@epochhive;

Start over with fresh files for @epoch and @epochhive

If you load @epoch from the epochmod website you probably have a outdated version. So load it from steam workshop

Try what i said in my last post ;)

also the startup parameters are not

-mod=@eopch\;@epochhive

but

-mod=@epoch; -servermod=@epochhive;

Start over with fresh files for @epoch and @epochhive

If you load @epoch from the epochmod website you probably have a outdated version. So load it from steam workshop

It works with -mod=@epoch\;@epochhive

The reason for the \ before the ; is because the ; indicates a new line on linux. It won't load both mods without the \;. With that it does though. I never tried -servermod= though

What about battleye though? -BEpath= ? I'm noticing in my arma3 directory it hasn't created and logs, that is why I ask.

I changed it like you have it. Can you point me in the direction for Battleye? Every thing I find mentions DayZ. Maybe I'm just searching for the wrong stuff ?

./arma3server -mod=@epoch -servermod=@epochhive -config=/home/steam/arma3/sc/config.cfg -cfg=/home/steam/arma3/sc/basic.cfg -port=2302 -name=sc -BEpath=/home/steam/arma3/battleye

is my launch parameters now

It says " 6:23:48 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.205)" but there are no scripts.txt, no createvehicle.log or anything like that in the folder for battleye

Got time for another question about the cmEarplugs script specifically the scripts.txt file?

The instructions there are a little difficult to follow, unless i just add oit to the line he said. The way I understood it after reading his directions was, in this example, for instancfe

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
scripts.txt (at the end of the line add the following)
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////                                        
(BIS_fnc_)  First Line:  !"bis_fnc_initVehicle" !"BIS_fnc_setVehicleMass_fsm" !"BIS_fnc_arsenal_type"      

since line one started with (BIS_fnc_) I assumed  the rest starting with ! goes at the end of the line. However, in the other examples, the line he mentions does not start with the text at the beginning. If that makes sense?

Also, only reason I ask, I saw in that thread that you said you use it.