Taru pods utilization mod / script

Halvhjearne

Halv i do not understand the claim function but what would be nice if not done yet:

When you lock any vehicle, game will check the vehicle lock var and set an entry to the database with e.g. 1 hour. Then it is deleted of the db so it is not locked to you.

Maybe you could make a variable in your pod settings which can be set to 1 week and if the pot is claimed it is locked 1 week for you. So the vehicle lock times are like before 1 hour but the pod is locked 1 week.

Or is this the reason of claim and i don't get the point? :D

Cheers

the reason for the claim function is to allow players to sell the pods, even tho you cannot enter as driver as you usally need to do.

however it is not done yet, but my plan is to make it work for most objects and add it as an addition to the traders instead.

if you update now, it should save when dropped/land.

Looks like it works now.

I am getting the following in my server logs though:

15:46:59 Error in expression <pod call EPOCH_server_save_vehicle;
   };
  };
  'HALVPV_PARAPOD' addPublicVaria>
15:46:59   Error position: <;
  };
15:46:59   Error Missing )
   };
  };
  };

Think about the option to lock them longer than normal vehicles. Should be possible i think. This would be awesome

this would require edits to the epoch server files or it would just be overwritten next time the pod is saved.

Looks like it works now.

I am getting the following in my server logs though:

};
  };
  };
   };
  };
  };

that looks wierd, try repack your mission and see if it still happends, cause it dosnt happend for me

Hey Halv,

got that also and missoin repacked several times:

7:15:43 Error in expression <l EPOCH_server_save_vehicle;
    };
   };
  };
7:15:43   Error position: <;
  };
7:15:43   Error Missing )
7:15:43 Error in expression <l EPOCH_server_save_vehicle;
    };
   };
  };
7:15:43   Error position: <;
  };
7:15:43   Error Missing )

Hi, good morning. Works fine

Other restrictions for me:

attachto.txt                                  line1                  != "Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_box_F" != "Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_covered_F" !="Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_medevac_F"    !="Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_box_F" !="Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_F" !="Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_repair_F" !="Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_F"
createvehicle.txt                          line1                  !="B_Parachute_02_F"
publicvariable.txt                         line1                  !=HALVPV_SAVEPOD"

Thanks for all

Hi, good morning. Works fine

Other restrictions for me:

attachto.txt                                  line1                  !=2:3094 Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_box_F 2:3695  -1 [0,-1,-1]    // with this the other pods no restricction at moment for me
createvehicle.txt                          line1                  !="B_Parachute_02_F"
publicvariable.txt                         line1                  !=HALVPV_SAVEPOD"

Thanks for all

Think this is the wrong way. Just use:

!"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_box_F" instead of numbers and such. You have to insert ALL pods which halv mentioned in post 1

sup guys im a noob at this and kinda need some help here.. ok so I put the pods in the traders and can see them but they have no picture there, but thats not the problem, my problem is where do i put my 'init.sqf' file once ive copied the script? does it go in the mpmissions/epoch.altis/ folder or just the mpmission/ folder ? proper struggling here man haha but if anyone could help me out on here / teamspeak , would be awesome man , thanks .

Edited by DeanL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm trying to figure out where to put the pods in the Black market traders HSPricing.hpp.

I thought they might go under vehicles/Other?

I can't find that specific category "Other".

Also, are the Pods considered vehicles?

Thank you.

Edit: Ok, I just tried placing: class Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_bench_F {price = 1000;}; at the bottom of the Custom section in pricing file and it showed up in "Other" under vehicles and I was able to buy it.

So I seemed to have solved my own problem.

If anyone thinks there's a better category to place the pods in, please let me know.

Thanks.

I added the other pods and they show up in other categories, but always under "Other"

I don't get the option to claim or attach with some pods like the Bench & Med pods. With others like the Cargo I get the option for claim and attach.

I used the class names provided on the first page.