Taru pods utilization mod / script

Halvhjearne

so i realized that some server owners has been checking out my github and noticed the Taru pods mod/script i made.

however, unfortunatly not as many has had the courtesy of actually reporting back to me about functionality/bugs, so i decided to just release it here for everyone to enjoy and i can see what everyone has to say about it.

What is this?

this script was inspired by this mod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27532

one of my players asked me to add this mod, but i feelt that this could be done without having to add an extra mod to every client, so i created this:

this is a script that will allow players to attach the taru pods to the base taru that does not have a pod attached by default, if the pod is dropped above 25m height, the pod will be dropped in a parachute, else the pod is just dropped.

1413892504-arma3-2014-10-21-12-51-45-27.

(more pics soon)

i also made possibility to sell pods at the traders without getting in as driver (claim action) that i will be uploading to my github soon.

to attach a pod:

1. Land "on" the pod with a wheel on each side as close as possible
  2. make sure wheels are touching ground
  3. scroll and use the attach scroll action to attach a pod

scroll to detach/para drop it again.

to make sure the pod saves new position after being moved, then either enter the pod or change inventory in it.

pods should now save when dropped.

so here goes:

https://github.com/Halvhjearne/taru-pods

to install this, add to the bottom of your init.sqf:

execVM "addons\taru_pods\taru_init.sqf";

(or wherever you decide to install it, folder is not important)

if you have antihack, you will need to disable attach and scroll actions checks (more info on this will come soon).

you will also need to add the pods to traders / epochconfog.hpp

the pod classnames are:

"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_bench_F"
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_covered_F"
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_medevac_F"
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_box_F"
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_F"
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_repair_F"
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_F"

wow. great. I gonna add it to my server now!

edit--------

i have qeustions

if i change Taru's cargo pod to bench pod. is classname changed to save in DB? (Taru cargo → Taru bench)

if changed, is it still persistence on DB unrelated with Vehicle spawn cap.

Dude,

I tinkered with this and couldn't get Xeno's to work. You are awesome... definitely going to have to tap your PayPal, you do a ton for the community.

Question: the pods won't save their new locations unless someone unlocks them and move something into the inventory and back out. Did you find a work-around for that?

wow. great. I gonna add it to my server now!

edit--------

i have qeustions

if i change Taru's cargo pod to bench pod. is classname changed to save in DB? (Taru cargo → Taru bench)

if changed, is it still persistence on DB unrelated with Vehicle spawn cap.

the classname does not change and i advice you to remove the pods before a restart, or it will most likely blow up along with the chopper when it is spawned in after.

Dude,

I tinkered with this and couldn't get Xeno's to work. You are awesome... definitely going to have to tap your PayPal, you do a ton for the community.

Question: the pods won't save their new locations unless someone unlocks them and move something into the inventory and back out. Did you find a work-around for that?

there is currently no workaround for that, ill see what i can do, but its not my main priority tho as you can just enter or change some inventory to save it.

the classname does not change and i advice you to remove the pods before a restart, or it will most likely blow up along with the chopper when it is spawned in after.

there is currently no workaround for that, ill see what i can do, but its not my main priority tho as you can just enter or change some inventory to save it.

Ya, I have the pods in even though I couldn't get the lift script working for them. They actually make more efficient storage units then the shelfs and it's easier to refresh them then go through each shelf doing the same routine but making sure all the players that come on understand is the problem.

Thanks! Glad to know it isn't just me that ran into that issue with the pods.

"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_bench_F"
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_covered_F"
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_medevac_F"
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_box_F"
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_F"
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_repair_F"
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_F"

Actually I did not have to this. The pods worked fine just adding them to the trader's pricing list (I am using your blackmarket script). However if someone does end up needing to add them they can add them with the count 0 and it works fine, they just won't spawn and have to be bought IF they are using a custom trader.

I'm sorry for my miss read. its only for Taru that have not a pod. I got it.  and it works perfectly.

I decided remove another type of Taru on my server, and increase spawn amount of defalut Taru and Pods!

It will be great. :) thanks halv!

13:08:33 class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_box_F

13:08:33 class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_box_F

13:08:34 class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_box_F

13:08:34 class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_box_F

didnt work, and havnt the scroll menue entry

ok then its not from the script but i have no idea why its not work

in my init is  this:

[] execVM "addons\taru_pods\taru_init.sqf";

an in the mission dir:

\addons\taru_pods

is the taru_init.sqf

And i use BattleyeAH! not infistar(its not secure massiv bypasses)

and in the scripts.txt is this:

7 enableCollisionWith       !="_pod enableCollisionWith _heli;"

7 attachTo                        !="_pod attachTo [_heli,(_attribs select 0)];"

and publicvariable.txt:
5 "" !="HALV_fnc_parapod"

ok then its not from the script but i have no idea why its not work

in my init is  this:

an in the mission dir:

\addons\taru_pods

is the taru_init.sqf

And i use BattleyeAH! not infistar(its not secure massiv bypasses)

and in the scripts.txt is this:

7 enableCollisionWith       !="_pod enableCollisionWith _heli;"

7 attachTo                        !="_pod attachTo [_heli,(_attribs select 0)];"

and publicvariable.txt:

5 "" !="HALV_fnc_parapod"

read the instructions again.

my guess is either you did not install it correctly or you do not meet requirements to lift.

Ok... I am not sure what is going on.

I added the new file into the mission.pbo. I did not change the path at all.

I double checked in the init... everything seems fine there. Server RPT is clean, no errors from it.

However, the script breaks Hooking completely on my server, anytime someone uses lift straps as soon as they attach to a vehicle they break back off and dissapear. And I cannot get the Attach option in the menu, I am not sure how close you need to be but the pod is under the helicopter, more towards the tail but over it. If I disable the script I can lift again fine with the Hook option.

Infistar: _CAO = false; _CAP = false; _KFR = false; _RVR = false; _RPR = false;

my init:

[] execVM "addons\halv_spawn\init.sqf";
[] execVM "trader\init.sqf";
[] execVM "custom\HALV_takegive_crypto_init.sqf";
[] execVM "trader\resetvehicleammo.sqf";
if (isServer) then {
    execVM "\q\addons\traderATMs\init.sqf";
};
if(isNil "donor_list") then
{
  [] execVM "donor.sqf"; 
};
if(hasInterface)then{
if (!isDedicated) then 
{
// EnergyBoost
[] execVM "custom\EnergyBoost.sqf";
systemchat("EnergyBoost loaded");

};
[] execVM "custom\service_point\service_point.sqf";
[] execVM "addons\paintshop\paintshop.sqf";
[] execVM "semClient.sqf";
[] execVM "sdrop-start.sqf";
[] execVM "addons\status_bar\init_statusBar.sqf"
};
[] execVM "custom\fuel.sqf";
[] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoadInit.sqf";
[] execVM "addons\messages\init.sqf";
[] execVM "custom\Welcome\Welcome.sqf";
[] execVM "custom\camera.sqf";
#include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf";

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok... I am not sure what is going on.

I added the new file into the mission.pbo. I did not change the path at all.

I double checked in the init... everything seems fine there. Server RPT is clean, no errors from it.

However, the script breaks Hooking completely on my server, anytime someone uses lift straps as soon as they attach to a vehicle they break back off and dissapear. And I cannot get the Attach option in the menu, I am not sure how close you need to be but the pod is under the helicopter, more towards the tail but over it. If I disable the script I can lift again fine with the Hook option.

Infistar: _CAO = false; _CAP = false; _KFR = false; _RVR = false; _RPR = false;

my init:

[] execVM "addons\halv_spawn\init.sqf";
[] execVM "trader\init.sqf";
[] execVM "custom\HALV_takegive_crypto_init.sqf";
[] execVM "trader\resetvehicleammo.sqf";
if (isServer) then {
    execVM "\q\addons\traderATMs\init.sqf";
};
if(isNil "donor_list") then
{
  [] execVM "donor.sqf"; 
};
if(hasInterface)then{
if (!isDedicated) then 
{
// EnergyBoost
[] execVM "custom\EnergyBoost.sqf";
systemchat("EnergyBoost loaded");

};
[] execVM "custom\service_point\service_point.sqf";
[] execVM "addons\paintshop\paintshop.sqf";
[] execVM "semClient.sqf";
[] execVM "sdrop-start.sqf";
[] execVM "addons\status_bar\init_statusBar.sqf"
};
[] execVM "custom\fuel.sqf";
[] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoadInit.sqf";
[] execVM "addons\messages\init.sqf";
[] execVM "custom\Welcome\Welcome.sqf";
[] execVM "custom\camera.sqf";
#include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf";

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sorry, i forgot i had my anti lift near jammers in this, ill remove it if its a problem.

update from github now and it will be fixed.

OK, that definitely fixed the hook issue. However still no attach functionality. I hooked the pod to make sure it was directly under me, placed it down, released the hook and lowered myself directly onto it, wheels all the way on the ground with engines on and I got no attach option. Any idea what's still mucking up the works for me?

Also, I just doubled checked to confirm I am using the EPOCH variant of the Taru Lift Helicopter.

OK, that definitely fixed the hook issue. However still no attach functionality. I hooked the pod to make sure it was directly under me, placed it down, released the hook and lowered myself directly onto it, wheels all the way on the ground with engines on and I got no attach option. Any idea what's still mucking up the works for me?

Also, I just doubled checked to confirm I am using the EPOCH variant of the Taru lift.

Same issue here.