SapioiT

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give this server a chance?

• Yes (or probably)
    • I don't know/care
    • No (or probably)
  2. 2. Do you want these ideas to be implemented?

• Yes
    • I don't know/care
    • No
  3. 3. Would you like the extra mods (mostly vehicles) to be added in the mod (pack)?

• Yes
    • I don't care/know
    • No

HarDayZ

Hard DayZ Mod Pack idea...

Twitter Facebook Reddit

Hello,

Due to the experience I gathered in-game, I feel like the current servers are not fun anymore. You get everything on a plate, as well as everyone else, and just run in guns, crash cars and worry not. For this sole reason, I came up with a server idea which might appeal the more hardcore players. From the perspective of the servers currently in-game, these server properties may be straight up crazy. But I will include ways of monetisation. This may not feel the right choice, but again, this may be straight up crazy and might appeal the more hardcore players.

A quick note before starting: This would work both as a Epoch as well as a Overpoch, but I do think adding some vehicles is a must, in order to attract new players and, most importantly, to make the engagements more entertaining. I have made (am making, if you're writing this before I finished editing this) a list with mods for epoch and a list with mods for the game which I think working together would be able to revive the comatose state of the dayz mod servers which made most hardcore players move over to standalone.

Here is the list of features I think would provide the most engaging experience for experienced players.

• Scarce resources. Basicly, you're going to mainly find food for a good while.
  • Make the meele count. Make the non-meele weapons so scarce, that you will need to wander for hours between the airfields in order to find a non-pistol non-meele weapon. Much more for a scoped one, if you're not very lucky.
  • Make the ammo not as scarce as the weapons, but still you'd only get maybe 2 or 3 mags for the weapon, in a few hours of choppering between the airfields (since moving for large distances forces the loot to despawn).
  • Allow every single weapon and vehicle in-game. But make the overpowered ones (like the tanks) highly unaccesible (you'd need to pay the price of 100 non-armed tanks for a armed tank, than worry about the ammo which, you guessed, is nearly impossible to find, so you'd need to buy them).
  • Plot poles. Not required to build, but required to protect one's house. And make them smaller. Something like 10 meters radius would be good. That is more than enough for a house with two garages and a helipad.
  • Make the cinder verry expensive. So expensive that one player would more likely set 100 or so wooden walls overlaping eachother, rather than using cinder. Or, if they play in a 5+ players group, maybe than have enough for a 1 by 2 wall of cinder (to get a MTVR inside and move it upstairs) and have the rest of the base just hanging in the air... and whole coridors with wooden doors from meter to meter, to ensure the security of the base.
  • Price Ratios. This is a big one. I think each trader city should have slight variations in the price, with some items being slightly more overpriced than the others, depending on the facilities present near the trader city. For example, near the arfields, the weapons would be cheaper, and in the city, they would be verry expensive, due to the risk involved in getting them there. A difference so big that some players would intentionaly go to the airfield trader, buy lots of weapons or ammo and sell them in the city, for a tiny profit. But in bulk, you may get enough profit from a Ural filled with mags and pistols to get a fire weapon. Scoped less than Acog. Or get a pistol by filling jerry cans or fuel barrels (fuel barrels for 5 times the profit from jerry cans, but over ten times more expensive), by de-foresting a whole 1 cube km of forest, a Ural full of medical loot, or 50 urals worth of food. The food is the least scarce resource, followed by the bandages, so that's to be expected.
  • Allow the players to salvage everything from a vehicle, but the fueltank, engine, gas-tank and scrap-metal should only be salvageable from an unlocked vehicle.
  • Maybe allow the old-motorbike to be crafted with some wood planks and scrap metal (+toolbox for tools), and a motorcicle with 2 wheels, engine, either fueltank, two jerry cans or one fuel barrel and one scrap metal, for the old motorbike, as the only craftable motorbike (the others from the trader or spawned).
  • Badass zombies. With 10 hits to the body and one hit to the head, you'd be in some serious problems if you don't learn to meele headshot them.
I think that if you're going to have a base done in less than an hour, it shall be a unprotected, maybe shack or storage box, hidden somewhere few can see it (in the middle of a forest, or in a building, under or after some obstacles, and NOT a safe out in the open, where anyone can see it but noone can break it open. Or, if you had the luck to find yourself a lockbox or a combination lock, you shall be able to check one code every 5 seconds, making the combination lock breakable in 1000 tries or 5000 seconds or 83 minutes and 20 seconds, and a lockbox breakable in 3000 tries or 15000 seconds or 250 minutes. THAT if no zombie or player gets to you...

Also, as the first map, I suggest PMC (so big you rarely get to find someone else) or Panthera (you can choose anythin else, realy; maybe something not so well known...), due to the presence of the most terrain types and the fact that even if it is so small, you have to walk/drive A LOT to get from one point to another, mostly if not using the roads.

A list of maps I'd like to see this modpack implemented on.

Epoch Mods List

Note: This is not a complete list, but a list of suggested mods, besides the most important ones.

Vehicles Mods List

Note: I tried to get the least number of vehicles which would have the users mostly protected, because it would be less fun if everybody would be nearly impossible to kill due to the lack of weak points in an armour. Also, I think the players should have means of buying mines, due to the power they have against any land vehicle.

-Land

-Air-Boats-All of the above-Weapons642 faces unlocked ( 107 regular faces which are also available in 6 camo variants. This means you can choose from 749 face variants)

ESPI Car tuning (Who doesen't wants this?)

G-6 Grenade Launcher and Heavy Grenadier Units (Adding more weapons always helps with the confusion!)

To be added: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24475 (the link is not working, for now...)

Also, it would be interesting to see a Epoch Life server, based on the DayZ Epoch spawning resources (scarce resources, most of the ideas remain from the first post) to make everything better. Like the society is trying to recover from the zombie apocalypse... with the other rules of the RPG, but with the mechanics of Epoch as well... And, for example, you would need to pay quite a bit to sustain having a big house...