Need ideas for small script pack

BigEgg

Question

Hey everyone I am looking at possibly putting together a small script pack that might contain the following:

Single Currency 3.0

Advanced Trading

Action Menu

Deploy Bike

Vehicle Locator

Plot Management

Snap Building

Vector Building

Custom Debug Monitor

Service Points

WAI Mission system

Coins on AI

Possibly some building add ons

Take clothes off dead bodies

Supply Drops

Spawn Selection

Group Management

Safe Zones

Tow/Lift

(All credits would be labled in the files and the call lines)

Would anyone be interested in this? I have seen script packs out there that seem to have too much stuff in them. I want to make mine fully configurable and at the same time packed with all the goodies. 

The first release would probably only contain files for Chernarus but later ones might contain more maps like Napf and possibly Tavi. 

If anyone is interested please let me know!

Also I do not know if Script packs are allowed on the Epoch forums but I have seen a few so I am assuming they are as long as all credits are provided.

13 answers to this question

What happens when there is an update? you must make people re download it with the updated version, or you could figure out a solution for that problem

People will add extra things in anyway thus making either way a pain. It will save a lot of time if I just updated it and released it again (if there will be another Epoch update)

It is against rules to have script packs, buddy. Plus you can't re-distribute other people's work.

That aside, what you are trying to do is help, I get it, but at the same time you'll be breeding bunch of shitty server admins... let them learn the process, each script comes with RTFM. If something goes south they'll learn how to fix it and not rely on updates from you.

It is against rules to have script packs, buddy. Plus you can't re-distribute other people's work.

That aside, what you are trying to do is help, I get it, but at the same time you'll be breeding bunch of shitty server admins... let them learn the process, each script comes with RTFM. If something goes south they'll learn how to fix it and not rely on updates from you.

This is what I needed to know. Thanks Raymix :)

Hello raymax. And all on this topic. But I'd like a little insight on something. And in no way am I trying to be disrepestful But 2 things are floating in my head. 1. I would love to help BIGEGG build a script pack just because I personally love learning and am Fairly well in injecting and helping tweak scripts for things to be a little more easier. People really And I mean REALLY do have to try ; it's how I learned what I know. And I have learned a lot. Anyway The second thing is. Isn't Sheeps pack distributed. And it's like a pack? I do not intend to get sheep in trouble I love his work. It's just the only example I had. Once again BIGEGG if you want I would be willing to help fund a server so we can work together and abide by the rules at the same time. Raymax I don't mean to sound like someone trying to give you a hard time about the server packs. I'm just a little unclear I used to have my old PBO Incase someone new started a server and needed help start them out.

Sorry for the long post.

Sheep contacted script authors for permission to repack them (including me), so take that as a hint to stay out of trouble, I guess... :)

But as far as I remember, epoch team does not like it, probably reason I don't see sheep's post here either.

Hope that clears stuff up a bit.

Hello raymax. And all on this topic. But I'd like a little insight on something. And in no way am I trying to be disrepestful But 2 things are floating in my head. 1. I would love to help BIGEGG build a script pack just because I personally love learning and am Fairly well in injecting and helping tweak scripts for things to be a little more easier. People really And I mean REALLY do have to try ; it's how I learned what I know. And I have learned a lot. Anyway The second thing is. Isn't Sheeps pack distributed. And it's like a pack? I do not intend to get sheep in trouble I love his work. It's just the only example I had. Once again BIGEGG if you want I would be willing to help fund a server so we can work together and abide by the rules at the same time. Raymax I don't mean to sound like someone trying to give you a hard time about the server packs. I'm just a little unclear I used to have my old PBO Incase someone new started a server and needed help start them out.

Sorry for the long post.

I see your point and it was the exact thing going through my head when I made this post. I love helping people out and I only wish when I started out (4 months ago) that I had some guidance. I now can install servers and all kinds of mods in very little to no time at all. I think Raymix's point is 100% valid. If I had been given the work without doing any myself and had I not made forum posts asking for help for some of the more complicated things I would be lost when someone requested a feature on my server. However I did lots and lots of Googling, searching, asking, and just tried and tried till it worked. Once I figured something out I redid everything and tried to perfect it even more. My advice for new server scripters would be to use the information you learn off forums and apply that to other things if they aren't working. After 4 months I am writing small scripts and working my way toward big ones. I would have missed out on so much had I just used a server pack. I can now move forward to other games and just extend my knowledge further. 

PS: Thanks for all you have put out there for the community Raymix. Your Snap building was my first ever script install.