Low server FPS since 0.3.1.0?

Psythrandir

Hi!

I've notice very low server FPS (sometimes going down to 6 FPS) since yesterday. I don't know if its a problem with the new Epoch update or something else with the server.

Can't find nothing in the RPT and CPU loadout from server is around 20%, memory around 4. Normaly its around 50 FPS.

Anybody noticed the same?

Can't confirm that. Performance is "good" as allways with arma 3. Stuttering or FPS drops may be caused because of vehicle simulation. Have to put this to true. Server fps will suffer but client fps will be better. BI said they fixed the bug but they absolutly don't. Vehicle Simulation Handler should be false to have more server fps but it is not possible atm.

hmm this line 32 of my file:

allowedVehiclesList[] = {

and there is nothing about the simulationhandler in the whole file.

I'm afraid the installation of the 0.3.1.0 hasn't overwritten the old hpp. But I've deinstalled 0.3.0.4 before. :blink:

Thats confusing!  :unsure:

I dunno man.. This is what I have for lines 1-34

serverRestart         = true; // true sends #shutdown command to server after the time specified in ForceRestartTime
forceRestartTime      = 14400; // 4 hour restarts

StorageSlotsLimit = 1500; // Max storage slots allowed. Warning! Higher the number lower performance.
BuildingSlotsLimit = 500; // Max building slots allowed. Warning! Higher the number lower performance.

// Time based
StaticDateTime[] = {2035,6,10,8,0}; // {0,0,0,8,0} would forces the server to start at 8am each time it is started while allowing the year, month and day to stay real time. Any values left at 0 will result in no change.
timeDifference = 0; // Server uses real time this will allow you to offset just the hour.
timeMultiplier = 4; // Sets a time multiplier for in-game time. The command range is now capped at 0.1 - 120 to avoid performance problems.
lootMultiplier = 1; // 1 = max loot bias. This controls how much loot can payout per Epoch loot container.
// Events
airDrops = false; // TBA
WeatherChangeTime = 1200; // This controls how fast the weather changes as well as how fast shipping containers and earthquakes happen.
WeatherStaticForecast[] = {}; // Default: {75.5,0,{0,0,0},0,{1,1}}; // Clear day; {19,1,{1,1,40},1,{5,5}}; // Cold Foggy Rainy Overcast Windy; Format: {temp <scalar>,rain <scalar>,fog <array>,overcast <scalar>,wind <array>} 
events[] = {
    { 3600, "CarnivalSpawner" }, // SECOND <scalar>, EVENT <string>
    { 1200, "EarthQuake" },
    { 1200, "ContainerSpawner" },
    { 300, "PlantSpawner" } //No comma on last Entry
};

// Antagonists
antagonistChanceTrash = 0.09; //9% chance when player loot a trash object
antagonistChancePDeath = 0.33; //33% chance when player was killed from a other player (selfkill doesn't count)
antagonistChanceLoot = 0.09; //9% chance when player click "SEARCH" on a loot object

// Player Related
cloneCost = 100; // debt incurred on player death

// vehicles - Max vehicle slots is calculated from per vehicle limits below. Warning! Higher the number lower the performance.
simulationHandler = true; // When enabled this feature disables simulation on vehicles that are not near players. Can help improve client fps at the cost of server fps. (This is disabled by default now that Arma has fixed the original issue)
vehicleLockTime = 1800; // Controls how many seconds it takes to allow another person/group to unlock vehicle.
allowedVehiclesList[] = {

Read it. Replace your file with the new one.

simulationHandler = true; // When enabled this feature disables simulation on vehicles that are not near players. Can help improve client fps at the cost of server fps. (This is disabled by default now that Arma has fixed the original issue)

i tried playing it for first time in a while and notice really low fps, we tried few servers same thing

That on altis map?

Try out an a2 island map, consistent 50 to 60 client fps for most of the players on mine.

however been playing with the basic.cfg still getting some desync for select few players

Also having some issues with Server FPS low spikes, currently in process of elimination by removing custom ai base etc and cutting back on ai numbers in missions and reducing number of vehicles on server (40 slots currently approx 300 vehicles) to see if this is causing the issue.

Simon