[CONTINUED] blckeagls' AI Mission Version 7.06 Build 239

Ghostrider-GRG

Hello, i played on a friends server a month ago with this Mission addon and we all loved it for a long time. He has since been shipped to the middle east and he had to shut down the server.

I thought i would be able to pick it up but i cannot get it to run on my server at all.

I started with a fresh Hosted Server, placed the @GMS in the standard location next to @Epoch and @Epochhive, +debug folder, used the provided init.sqf as i didn't have one yet, added ;@GMS to my startup command line, Server starts and runs perfectly as usual with no errors, but no missions start at any time. My only guess is;

A) That i placed the init.sqf provided in MPMissions\epoch.Altis\init.sqf of the download folder in the wrong place.

B) I need to adjust a setting in @GMS\addons\custom_server\Configs ti have it fire up.

C) I need to create custom missions for this to operate. I thought maybe  this because it came with instructions for adding them.

With C) i perhaps mistakenly assumed missions were already in place and would start spawning.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Bishopob said:

Hello, i played on a friends server a month ago with this Mission addon and we all loved it for a long time. He has since been shipped to the middle east and he had to shut down the server.

I thought i would be able to pick it up but i cannot get it to run on my server at all.

I started with a fresh Hosted Server, placed the @GMS in the standard location next to @Epoch and @Epochhive, +debug folder, used the provided init.sqf as i didn't have one yet, added ;@GMS to my startup command line, Server starts and runs perfectly as usual with no errors, but no missions start at any time. My only guess is;

A) That i placed the init.sqf provided in MPMissions\epoch.Altis\init.sqf of the download folder in the wrong place.

B) I need to adjust a setting in @GMS\addons\custom_server\Configs ti have it fire up.

C) I need to create custom missions for this to operate. I thought maybe  this because it came with instructions for adding them.

With C) i perhaps mistakenly assumed missions were already in place and would start spawning.

Thanks

From what you describe it sounds like you didi\ not unpack your Epoch.<MAP_NAME>.pbo and:

1. place the init.sqf and debug folder inside the unpacked folder;

2. repack the mission pbo.

Missions should spawn and markers indicating their positions should show up on the map even if you neglected these steps. Note that it can take 5-20 min for missions to spawn.

You can see if the mission system started server-side by checking your .RPT file. This is usually found in a directory named \SC, a subdirectory of the folder in which you placed @Epoch and @GMS. If the system loaded then you should see a bunch of lines beginning with [blckeagls] ...

If you do not see those entries in the logs then there is probably and issue with the command line for the server.

This is what my unpacked pbo looked like before i repacked and uploaded it back to the server. @GMS in the right directory, debug and init.sqf are present, the command line is complete, saved and selected.

Like i said the server fires up, no problem, but the mod is shooting blanks for me. Hell i'd even appreciate an error message to give me a foor in the door but that isn't even happening. I know it works and it's a great mod. I am however suspect to believe my host, who provides 0 support for anything but the basic vanilla no frills epoch mod has got the server files in odd places, duplicates and redundancies. While the instructions are pretty clear on the install of this mod, in fact your instructions actually. I cannot be certain any of the folders i was given from my host are accurately portrayed to coincide with your instructions. TBH i have never seen a directory this cluttered and spread out.  All i have added is this mod, the rest is what came with the server. I  ran a clean 7DTD server, a minecraft server with tons of mods for over 5 years and a Neverwinter Nights 1 server Darksun for 4 years which in peak was all time #2 nwn1mod. I fear i'm becomming senile. :wacko:

CapCommandline_.JPG

It looks from the command line that you are not loading GMS. If your provider does not allow you to  change -servermod=... to -servermod="@epochhive;@gms" then just upload custom_server.pbo from @gms\addons into your @epochhive\addons folder and that should do it. The only thing you loose by doing this is optional headless client support on that particular Arma install. You can verify that everything is working by reading through the server .RPT files located in the SC directory shown on your screenshot. I just search for [blckeagls] ... and you should find the log entries as the mission system initializes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everybody. Tell me how to increase the mind AI all that can be changed in the settings, but still some they are stupid, for example, if you stand in line of sight on a mission (say orange) more than 600 meters and start killing bots they will not produce a single shot in the direction of the player, who knows how to fix it? And one more question, what should be changed to complete the mission only after 100% of its sweep? Thank you in advance

6 hours ago, Teacher said:

Hi, everybody. Tell me how to increase the mind AI all that can be changed in the settings, but still some they are stupid, for example, if you stand in line of sight on a mission (say orange) more than 600 meters and start killing bots they will not produce a single shot in the direction of the player, who knows how to fix it? And one more question, what should be changed to complete the mission only after 100% of its sweep? Thank you in advance

There are four variables you could increase:

Alert distance, which the maximal distance from an AI killed or hit that will result in the group leader being given info about the players location.

Intelligence, which translates to how much information the group leader gets, where 4 would be a great deal.

baseSkill, which is the overall skill level of ai before any modifiers are applied.

spotDistance and spotTime, which are self-explanatory. 1.00 is maximal here.

Start increasing these and the missions should get harder.

blck_AIAlertDistance = [250,425,650,800]; // Radius within which AI will be notified of enemy activity. Depricated as a group-sed system is used now. The group is informed of the enemy location when a group member is hit or killed.
    //blck_AIAlertDistance = [150,225,400,500];
    // How precisely player locations will be revealed to AI after an AI kill
    // values are ordered as follows [blue, red, green, orange];
    blck_AIIntelligence = [0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 0.9];

blck_baseSkill = 1; // The overal skill of the AI - range 0.1 to 1.0.

/***************************************************************

MISSION TYPE SPECIFIC AI SETTINGS

**************************************************************/
    //This defines the skill, minimum/Maximum number of AI and how many AI groups are spawned for each mission type
    // Orange Missions
    blck_MinAI_Orange = 30;
    blck_MaxAI_Orange = 35;
    blck_AIGrps_Orange = 5;
    blck_SkillsOrange = [
        ["aimingAccuracy",0.6],["aimingShake",0.9],["aimingSpeed",0.9],["endurance",1.00],["spotDistance",1.0],["spotTime",1.0],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",1.00]
    ];

2 minutes ago, Ghostrider-GRG said:

There are four variables you could increase:

Alert distance, which the maximal distance from an AI killed or hit that will result in the group leader being given info about the players location.

Intelligence, which translates to how much information the group leader gets, where 4 would be a great deal.

baseSkill, which is the overall skill level of ai before any modifiers are applied.

spotDistance and spotTime, which are self-explanatory. 1.00 is maximal here.

Start increasing these and the missions should get harder.

blck_AIAlertDistance = [250,425,650,800]; // Radius within which AI will be notified of enemy activity. Depricated as a group-sed system is used now. The group is informed of the enemy location when a group member is hit or killed.
    //blck_AIAlertDistance = [150,225,400,500];
    // How precisely player locations will be revealed to AI after an AI kill
    // values are ordered as follows [blue, red, green, orange];
    blck_AIIntelligence = [0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 0.9];

blck_baseSkill = 1; // The overal skill of the AI - range 0.1 to 1.0.

/***************************************************************

MISSION TYPE SPECIFIC AI SETTINGS

**************************************************************/
    //This defines the skill, minimum/Maximum number of AI and how many AI groups are spawned for each mission type
    // Orange Missions
    blck_MinAI_Orange = 30;
    blck_MaxAI_Orange = 35;
    blck_AIGrps_Orange = 5;
    blck_SkillsOrange = [
        ["aimingAccuracy",0.6],["aimingShake",0.9],["aimingSpeed",0.9],["endurance",1.00],["spotDistance",1.0],["spotTime",1.0],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",1.00]
    ];

Thank you for the answer, right now I will test.

I just created a new branch on the GitHub for Build 152 (Experimental) which adds two new functions:

1) I included tools and templates with which one can easily export mission configurations from the editor. You now just need to run one script for the markers and second for everything else, paste the output of each script into the template and add the new mission wherever you like.

2) One can now spawn AI in buildings. AI can be placed in specific locations in the editor, or you can designate a building as a location for AI, and AI and statics will be spawned at the predefined Arma building positions. See the directions for more information about designating buildings for use for garrisons using the Arma building positions. You do need to place a marker object inside the building.

I also added a new feature for static missions AI patrols whereby you can limit the number of respawns. Setting this value to -1 disables tracking of number of respawns. That is the default, and the mission are backwards compatible with older builds of blckeagles.

Download this updated version here:

https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagles-revisited-RC/tree/Build-152

Hi, there are a few questions in the file "blck_configs_epoch.sqf " is line 154 and line 184 as it should be or is it a random repetition? If it should be please explain why two of the same set. And the second question, as I understand scopes, bipods, silencers and the like, have the same chance to spawn bots regardless of the complexity of the mission, in contrast to weapons, which you can configure according to the complexity of the missions? Thanks in advance for the answer.

3 hours ago, Teacher said:

Hi, there are a few questions in the file "blck_configs_epoch.sqf " is line 154 and line 184 as it should be or is it a random repetition? If it should be please explain why two of the same set. And the second question, as I understand scopes, bipods, silencers and the like, have the same chance to spawn bots regardless of the complexity of the mission, in contrast to weapons, which you can configure according to the complexity of the missions? Thanks in advance for the answer.

For 'blck_configs_epoch.sqf', there is near-duplication. It looks like I meant to have a conditional preprocessor command there to add the biopod provided by Apex. I will update accordingly.

You are correct about bipods, silencers etc. See \custom_server\Compiles\Units\GMS_fnc_spawnUnit.sqf lines 131-135 for how this is coded.

• 5 weeks later...

V 6.86 Build 156 
here is an error in the server .rpt:

21:04:00 Error in expression <;  
}forEach (units _x);
};
}else{
if (simulationEnabled _x) then
{
{_x enableS>
21:04:00   Error position: <simulationEnabled _x) then
{
{_x enableS>
21:04:00   Error simulationenabled: Type Group, expected Object
21:04:00 File q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Groups\GMS_fnc_missionGroupMonitor.sqf, line 156

On 11/24/2018 at 8:18 PM, Grahame said:

LOL, and I had just downloaded it earlier for the Black Tide relaunch... Nice timing!

Good job guys, best A3 mission system right now!

Thanks - I expect to be making a few more changes to that branch before merging it with the Master.

If anyone notes any odd behavior related to simulation management please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, i need some help to change the IA gear and weapon and i don't found the lines

I want to have only 3 or 4 class of soldier of every camp

like this

"U_I_CombatUniform"
 "V_PlateCarrier2_tna_F"
"B_Carryall_oli"
"H_HelmetB_light_black"

but every camp i check, ia have not the same uniform or helmet .... some bots have witch_mask_epoch and i don't found how to remove that 

can you help me please

I think you have set dynamicloadout. So the Loadout will be taken random from your pricing list:
https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagles-revisited-RC/blob/master/%40GMS/addons/custom_server/Configs/blck_configs.sqf#L286-L287

This setting is fine, because you have some random AI's.
If there are not wanted uniforms / backpacks / Headgears... you can disable them here:
https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagles-revisited-RC/blob/master/%40GMS/addons/custom_server/Configs/blck_configs.sqf#L286-L287