[CONTINUED] blckeagls' AI Mission Version 7.06 Build 239

Ghostrider-GRG

5 hours ago, Sneer said:

no nothing in the logs, I noticed you have some maps defined in GMS_fnc_findWorld.sqf but nothing about Malden.

What does debug do that would allow the missions to run but not when its disabled?

Depending on which version you pull the blck_custom_configs.sqf from it may define  parameters for numbers of missions of each class (blue, red, green etc). I will check my files for Malden and update the github accordingly. When it hangs, a critical script that can't complete execution is usually to blame. arma error checking is improving with every release but still misses some issues. I should have something for you by the end of the weekend.

8 hours ago, Sneer said:

Also, I love the fact you added the option to use the Cfgpricing for equipment. Makes life so much easier.

Thank you for this addon, you have done a tremendous job!! Well done sir!

Thank you for your kind words. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Are you running the mod on an Epoch Malden server?

On 7/14/2018 at 11:25 PM, Schalldampfer said:

In Malden, missions spawn around traders.
Line 18 of Compile\Functions\GMS_fnc_getTraderCitesEpoch.sqf , which check marker name, add

"west","east"

to fix it.

The fix is a little more complicated but thank you for pointing out the issue. I will be uploading changes to the github this weekend.

@SchalldampferAs a temporary fix until the update, add the following lines to the end of Compile\Functions\GMS_fnc_getTraderCitesEpoch.sqf:

_config = configFile >> "CfgEpoch";
_configWorld = _config >> worldname;

{
	blck_locationBlackList pushback [_x select 3, 1000];
} foreach (getArray(_configWorld >> "telePos"));

Those markers are not where the trader camps are. The markers are:

class Item3
		{
			dataType="Marker";
			position[]={4658.4561,0,10188.492};
			name="west";
			type="Empty";
			id=3;
		};
		class Item4
		{
			dataType="Marker";
			position[]={8707.7588,0,6930.1099};
			name="east";
			type="Empty";
			id=4;
		};

The trader camps are the second sets of coordinates in this array:

{ "Transport_N_EPOCH", { -0.286865, 8.17383, -10.3098 }, "", { 3074.63,8474.27,0.00150394 } },
			{ "Transport_W_EPOCH", { -14.4316, 0.112793, -10.3098 }, "", { 2335.17, 3394.12, 0.000732422 } },
			{ "Transport_E_EPOCH", { 13.5127,0.410156,-10.3098 }, "", { 8224.4,8756.69,0.00099802 } }

In addition, on most maps those markers are not there... those are a hang over from the original Epoch integration of Malden. When I did the new camps they were moved from the original locations...

EDIT: The only really valid marker in Epoch (except center if the map does not define it properly) is respawn_west which is the location of the spawn chamber

18 hours ago, Sneer said:

Yes.

Thanks - picking away at this with Grahame. There are a few issues to be sorted I think. I will be pushing version 147 to the Github which should have several fixes that address this issue and the issue of the trader cities not being black listed.

9 minutes ago, Irkutsk38 said:

Hey.  Explain how to complete the Rescue Hostage mission?  After killing all the bots, when you approach the hostage, no message is issued.  The server is Exile, there are no errors in the error log.

We have the same issue and I do not know if it is an infiSTAR think or a limitation of Exile's method for adding actions. you have to look around carefully to pick up the action. The last time I successfully did so I looked at the guys feet. I should probably look into using the exile hook for the client scheduler if I can figure out how that works. Have you tried Epoch? Its a great mod as well.

On 7/14/2018 at 11:25 PM, Schalldampfer said:

In Malden, missions spawn around traders.
Line 18 of Compile\Functions\GMS_fnc_getTraderCitesEpoch.sqf , which check marker name, add

"west","east"

to fix it.

Please note that the locations of the markers in the mission file in mission.sqm to not necessarily corespond to the location of the trader cites. Thiese are defined for each map in epoch_server_config.pbo. The locations of Epoch trader cities is now pulled directly from the server configs. Let me know if this issue is resolved.

please stop forcing

blck_enableOrangeMissions = -1;  
        blck_enableGreenMissions = -1;
        blck_enableRedMissions = -2;
        blck_enableBlueMissions = -1;

with new unknown confing files

I've got too many complex and annoying comment-outs and new files without description

2 hours ago, Schalldampfer said:

please stop forcing

with new unknown confing files

I've got too many complex and annoying comment-outs and new files without description

Not sure what you are referring to. The defaults for non-mil servers are:

//Set to -1 to disable. Values of 2 or more force the mission spawner to spawn copies of that mission - this feature is not recommended because you may run out of available groups.
    blck_enableOrangeMissions = 1;  
    blck_enableGreenMissions = 1;
    blck_enableRedMissions = 2;
    blck_enableBlueMissions = 2;
    blck_numberUnderwaterDynamicMissions = 3; 

And all overrides in blck_custom_config are commented out by default.

I found a confusing description about static mission
From the comments in gms_staticmissions_lists.sqf, it says 4 elements [mod,map,center,filename], but the examples have 3 elements [mod,map.file]

/*
    by Ghostrider [GRG]
    for ghostridergaming
    12/5/17
    --------------------------
    License
    --------------------------
    All the code and information provided here is provided under an Attribution Non-Commercial ShareAlike 4.0 Commons License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/  
*/
#include "\q\addons\custom_server\Configs\blck_defines.hpp";

private ["_staticMissions"];

_staticMissions = [
    // [mod (Epoch, Exile), map (Altis, Tanoa etc), mission center, eg [10445,2014,0], filename.sqf (name of static mission template for that mission)];
    //["Epoch","Altis","staticMissionExample2_Epoch.sqf"],
    //["Exile","Altis","staticMissionExample2_Exile.sqf"]
];

//diag_log "[blckeagls] GMS_StaticMissions_Lists.sqf <Loaded>";

In gms_ staticmissions_init.sqf, it uses array with 3 elements without "mission center". (oops, middle element is unnecessary, it may become the source of bug)

~~~~~
#include "\q\addons\custom_server\Missions\Static\GMS_StaticMissions_Lists.sqf";

private["_mod","_map","_missionMod","_missionMap","_missionLocation","_missionDataFile"];
blck_sm_monitoring = 0;
blck_sm_groupDespawnTime = 30;
blck_sm_patrolRespawnInterval = 30;
_map = toLower worldName;
{
    if ((_map) isEqualTo toLower(_x select 1)) then
    {
        if ((blck_ModType isEqualTo "Epoch") && (toLower(_x select 0) isEqualTo "epoch")) then
        {
            call compilefinal preprocessFileLineNumbers format["\q\addons\custom_server\Missions\Static\missions\%1",(_x select 2)];
        };

if ((blck_ModType isEqualTo "Exile") && (toLower(_x select 0) isEqualTo "exile")) then
        {
            call compilefinal preprocessFileLineNumbers format["\q\addons\custom_server\Missions\Static\missions\%1",(_x select 2)];
        };
    };
    uiSleep 1;
}forEach _staticMissions;

(and it was hard to find out how a private variable can affect other scripts... it was by included in gms_ staticmissions_init.sqf! I need to be used to this style of coding)