[CONTINUED] blckeagls' AI Mission Version 7.06 Build 239

Ghostrider-GRG

2 hours ago, DeeRawk said:

Hello! I'm new the epoch forums, but have been playing Arma for a long time now. I have also built my own LAN server and have been running Epoch on that.

For the life of me I can not seem to get this to work. I have followed the install.txt perfectly and no matter what I do this addon never initializes.

my RPT always says:

15:51:29 InitSound ...
15:51:29 InitSound - complete
15:51:29 PhysX3 SDK Init started ...
15:51:29 PhysX3 SDK Init ended.
15:51:29 Warning Message: Script \q\addons\custom_server\init\fn_init.sqf not found
15:51:30 Attempt to override final function - rscminimap_script
15:51:30 Attempt to override final function - rscdisplayloading_script

I have tried loading this addon with no other addons running just to make sure and it always displays this in the RPT. Is there something I am doing wrong?? I have packed the custom_server folder from the download into a customer_server.pbo and placed it within @epochhive\addons. I packed it with the addon builder via arma tools in steam. I don't know if that makes a difference, but either way I can't for the life of me get this to run. Any help would be appreciated.

I actually was able to get the addon to run by making some changes to the PBO.

One issue I have noticed is that the AI spawn with little to no ammo. Also those that do have ammo neglect to fire upon players. Occasionally they will fire, but not nearly enough. I was able to run into a Blue Medical Camp and kill all the AI with my pistol standing on a military building at the camp. Hopefully that puts it in perspective as to how little they fire upon the player. Before Arma 1.66 and on a much older version of this mission system they use to be very lethal. I hope that this is an easy fix because this is one of my favorite addons!

18 hours ago, DeeRawk said:

One issue I have noticed is that the AI spawn with little to no ammo. Also those that do have ammo neglect to fire upon players. Occasionally they will fire, but not nearly enough. I was able to run into a Blue Medical Camp and kill all the AI with my pistol standing on a military building at the camp. Hopefully that puts it in perspective as to how little they fire upon the player. Before Arma 1.66 and on a much older version of this mission system they use to be very lethal. I hope that this is an easy fix because this is one of my favorite addons!

you can definitely increase the AI difficulty by raising the individual skills. You can increase the skill from 0.7 in the spawnUnit.sqf as well. glad you got it to work. I just booted up the files on the github and can not reproduce the error you were getting. If you have any additional info on that let me know.

On 1/6/2017 at 9:54 PM, DeeRawk said:

Please take a look at v6.53 Build 24. I made tweaks to the AI settings to make all missions more difficult while keeping the scale of Oragne > Green > Red > Blue. Note that all AI difficulty settings can be managed in the configs.

On 1/2/2017 at 2:06 PM, prue420 said:

Having a big issue with ai not shooting back they just stand around i tried the fix you mentioned on last page and that didn't do a thing. The old version they where ruthless i even added the same changes and skills but since the revisited the sit around like bumps on a log. Anyone have a fix for this.

@proe420,

It does take them a moment to aqcuire you if you teleport in using the admin tool. In addition, Blue AI are really dumb with blck_debugON = true. Please see the latest update (build 24) on the github. I would be appreciative of any feedback you have regarding AI behavior now.

23 hours ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

you can definitely increase the AI difficulty by raising the individual skills. You can increase the skill from 0.7 in the spawnUnit.sqf as well. glad you got it to work. I just booted up the files on the github and can not reproduce the error you were getting. If you have any additional info on that let me know.

The AI skills, I think, are just fine. For some reason they were not getting enough ammo to battle players so I adjusted the magazines that are loaded into the AI inventory to better meet their needs. Now it works very well and they are relentless again. The PBO issue I was having had to deal with the prefix of the PBO. When I packed the PBO the prefix said "custom_server" when it was supposed to say "q\addons\custom_server" and that launched the addon properly. I have no idea why it did not have the right prefix, but hey it was an easy fix. 

One question I do have is there any way to make the missions delay spawning after being completed. I noticed that once a mission is complete it will immediately spawn the next mission, preventing the mission complete hint (when end condition is set to "allUnitsKilled") from displaying properly. If there is a way to slightly space out mission spawns after completion that would be awesome! Other than that this mission system is running great.

Thanks for your time @Ghostrider-DbD-

14 minutes ago, DeeRawk said:

The AI skills, I think, are just fine. For some reason they were not getting enough ammo to battle players so I adjusted the magazines that are loaded into the AI inventory to better meet their needs. Now it works very well and they are relentless again. The PBO issue I was having had to deal with the prefix of the PBO. When I packed the PBO the prefix said "custom_server" when it was supposed to say "q\addons\custom_server" and that launched the addon properly. I have no idea why it did not have the right prefix, but hey it was an easy fix. 

One question I do have is there any way to make the missions delay spawning after being completed. I noticed that once a mission is complete it will immediately spawn the next mission, preventing the mission complete hint (when end condition is set to "allUnitsKilled") from displaying properly. If there is a way to slightly space out mission spawns after completion that would be awesome! Other than that this mission system is running great.

Thanks for your time @Ghostrider-DbD-

Thank you for your feedback. It is interesting that the AI run out of ammo. There is a fired event handler that should be replenshing magazines frequently (line 172 of GMS_fnc_spawnUnit.sqf).

I'll double check the prefix issue. If you have more specific info that would be helpful.

To space out the timing of the missions check:

1) That custom_server\compiles\blck_variables has blck_debugOn = false and blck_debugLevel = 0;

2) increase the min and max times for the mission timers in custom_server\blck_config_epoch.sqf (check around lines 126 to 135).

Cheers - Ghost

3 hours ago, Brian Soanes said:

Just a heads up, on a full server 60/60 there were 95 server threads, 90 of which were from blckeagles :unsure:
i'm going to see if I can fix it

Is that based on infistar ? Do you have any information as to how much load each thread puts on the server ?

Thank you for the feedback.

On 1/8/2017 at 0:35 PM, viper179 said:

Yeh they did show a issue some how i repacked the folder in the folder by mistake once i removed it it works just fine, was a noob error lol, just lets get the ai to be more trigger happy when players r near the mission lol

@viper,

I was thinking of your issues with server crashes yesterday. Brian Soanes suggested some performance enhancements which I have tested and comfirm to be working. The next update (build 25) will include these and a re-worked missionSpawner which I hope will be much more efficient. If you would like to give them a try just download the updated master (work in progress - I need to get a better handle on github stuff .. ) which includes his three fixes.

Best,

Ghost

Yeh I just did a complete server reinstall because I did speak with Darwin from Bohemia and used those performance.exe and the server still crashed even with out your ai missions running so we had a bad issue some where but was a mess but all is back up and running fine so far.

On 1/8/2017 at 2:13 PM, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

Thank you for your feedback. It is interesting that the AI run out of ammo. There is a fired event handler that should be replenshing magazines frequently (line 172 of GMS_fnc_spawnUnit.sqf).

I'll double check the prefix issue. If you have more specific info that would be helpful.

To space out the timing of the missions check:

1) That custom_server\compiles\blck_variables has blck_debugOn = false and blck_debugLevel = 0;

2) increase the min and max times for the mission timers in custom_server\blck_config_epoch.sqf (check around lines 126 to 135).

Cheers - Ghost

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Been hectic with winter term starting back up at my college.

Yeah I also thought it was a bit weird. It seems as though they were not spawning with ammo in the first place, never the less I just tweaked the amount of mags they spawn with and now it is running good. Also thank you for tweaking the AI difficulty. They are a lot more responsive and they are a challenge again.

I took a look through both of those files that you suggested and obviously you know what we can tweak the delay of mission spawning in custom_server\blck_config_epoch.sqf which does indeed delay mission spawning initially. However, after a mission is complete the spawn timer for the completed mission does not seem to reset. Which I believe is the reason as to why the missions are instantly respawning after being completed. Its not a huge problem, just kind of weird.

As for the prefix issue of the PBO, I personally use PBO Manager 1.4 to open PBO's for file editing. While the custom_server PBO is opened via PBO Manager, there at the top is a gear icon that allows you to edit the prefix of a PBO. When I first packed the PBO from github the prefix showed "custom_server" when it is suppose to say "q\addons\custom_server" (which I found out by looking at an older custom_server PBO from a while back). It's very weird that I am the only one that had to change the prefix. Not a huge deal though, just happy that I was able to get the addon to run just by changing that. 

Another weird issue that I have found with this mission system is that the missions "time out" after about an hour. This isn't the problem of course the problem is that after these missions time out they do not respawn again. So what happens is if they sit for about an hour the marker disappears and does not reappear. My guess is that the mission timed out, but the system did not recreate a new mission location. Not sure what is going on here, just speculation. I'm guessing that I can prevent this from happening to any of the missions by changing the mission timeout timer in custom_server\blck_config_epoch.sqf? I will report back if that has an impact.

Cheers man!

Yeh having the same issue with the map markers going away, there is ai missions but no marker for them, at the start of the server i have all 4 spawn in with in a 30 min time period all is good there. Then at the 30 min marker  the last one spawns in so all 4 are on the map at the 30 min mark and all markers can be seen. after the first 2 r cleared its like 2 missions still spawn in without markers for players to see but then the other 2 do.

Downloaded and installed the latest. Getting this error in rpts.

call compile preprocessfilelinenumber "\q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Functi>
15:13:44   Error position: <"\q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Functi>
15:13:44   Error Missing ;
15:13:44 File q\addons\custom_server\init\blck_init.sqf, line 107
15:13:44 Error in expression <

1 hour ago, viper179 said:

Yeh having the same issue with the map markers going away, there is ai missions but no marker for them, at the start of the server i have all 4 spawn in with in a 30 min time period all is good there. Then at the 30 min marker  the last one spawns in so all 4 are on the map at the 30 min mark and all markers can be seen. after the first 2 r cleared its like 2 missions still spawn in without markers for players to see but then the other 2 do.

Quick question: if you look through the server.rpt are the missions continuing to spawn? did you implement the changes to the client on the github (rename init.sqf to initPlayerLocal.sqf)?

7 hours ago, DeeRawk said:

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Been hectic with winter term starting back up at my college.

Yeah I also thought it was a bit weird. It seems as though they were not spawning with ammo in the first place, never the less I just tweaked the amount of mags they spawn with and now it is running good. Also thank you for tweaking the AI difficulty. They are a lot more responsive and they are a challenge again.

I took a look through both of those files that you suggested and obviously you know what we can tweak the delay of mission spawning in custom_server\blck_config_epoch.sqf which does indeed delay mission spawning initially. However, after a mission is complete the spawn timer for the completed mission does not seem to reset. Which I believe is the reason as to why the missions are instantly respawning after being completed. Its not a huge problem, just kind of weird.

As for the prefix issue of the PBO, I personally use PBO Manager 1.4 to open PBO's for file editing. While the custom_server PBO is opened via PBO Manager, there at the top is a gear icon that allows you to edit the prefix of a PBO. When I first packed the PBO from github the prefix showed "custom_server" when it is suppose to say "q\addons\custom_server" (which I found out by looking at an older custom_server PBO from a while back). It's very weird that I am the only one that had to change the prefix. Not a huge deal though, just happy that I was able to get the addon to run just by changing that. 

Another weird issue that I have found with this mission system is that the missions "time out" after about an hour. This isn't the problem of course the problem is that after these missions time out they do not respawn again. So what happens is if they sit for about an hour the marker disappears and does not reappear. My guess is that the mission timed out, but the system did not recreate a new mission location. Not sure what is going on here, just speculation. I'm guessing that I can prevent this from happening to any of the missions by changing the mission timeout timer in custom_server\blck_config_epoch.sqf? I will report back if that has an impact.

Cheers man!

This might be happening for a few reasons:

You have reached the maximum number of groups allowed for the side on on which blckeagls spawns AI.

There is a problem with the code that spawns mission markers.

There is an issue with the code that recycles missions.

You can increase the the period for mision timeouts by increasing     blck_MissionTimout = 40*60;  // 40 min (line 142-ish) to say 400*60.

I have a few questions:

have you made any changes to blckClient.sqf?

have you changed init.sqf to initPlayerLocal.sqf?

are you precompiling blckClient.sqf?

Have you looked in the server .rpt to see if the missions continue to spawn? I have the same ? for the client.rpt.

The only time I have observed this behavior is when GMS_fnc_spawnGroups.sqf is unable to spawn a group. this happens when the number of groups for the side for AI reaches 144. When this happens the createGroup function returns grpNull and everything grinds to a halt. I put in some logging to report this (server.rpt) so it would help if you could look for <GROUP-NULL> in that log. I never completely finished the abort code needed to handle this problem.

Thanks !

Ghost

EDIT:

I think I see the problem. There is an issue with GMS_fnc_updateMissionQue.

Working on a solution now.

1 hour ago, Sneer said:

Downloaded and installed the latest. Getting this error in rpts.

call compile preprocessfilelinenumber "\q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Functi>

15:13:44   Error position: <"\q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Functi>

15:13:44   Error Missing ;

15:13:44 File q\addons\custom_server\init\blck_init.sqf, line 107

15:13:44 Error in expression <

Sorry about that. There were two typos I missed. Please download the updated zip and give another try. I just ran this on a test server and it started up fine.

blckeagles-revisited-RC-master\@epochhive\addons\custom_server\init\blck_init.sqf
    Line 75: waitUntil{{isPlayer _x}count playableUnits > 0};

blckeagles-revisited-RC-master\@epochhive\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Functions\GMS_fnc_AIM.sqf
    Line 5: params["_msg",["_players",playableUnits]];

blckeagles-revisited-RC-master\@epochhive\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Functions\GMS_fnc_findSafePosn.sqf
    Line 106:     }forEach playableUnits;

So it should be? Or should be setting allPlayers?

Red, green and orange mission will start at the same time.

11:24:56 "[blckeagls] Spawning Orange Mission with template = resupplyCamp"
11:24:56 "[blckeagls] missionSpawner:: Initializing mission: _cords [22613.2,18231.7,0] : _missionType OrangeMarker1 :  _aiDifficultyLevel 250 _markerMissionName Resupply Camp"
11:24:56 "_fnc_updateMissionQue :: _mission = OrangeMarker1 | _status = Active | _coords = [22613.2,18231.7,0]"
11:24:56 "_fnc_updateMissionQue :: _element = [[""resupplyCamp""],""Orange"",""OrangeMarker1"",""orange"",250,360,407.778,[0,0,0]]"
11:24:56 "_fnc_updateMissionQue::  -- >> _element updated from [[""resupplyCamp""],""Orange"",""OrangeMarker1"",""orange"",250,360,-1,[22613.2,18231.7,0]] to [[""resupplyCamp""],""Orange"",""OrangeMarker1"",""orange"",250,360,-1,[22613.2,18231.7,0]]"
11:24:56 "_fnc_updateMissionQue :: blck_pendingMissions updated to [[[""resupplyCamp""],""Orange"",""OrangeMarker1"",""orange"",250,360,-1,[22613.2,18231.7,0]],[[""medicalCamp""],""Green"",""GreenMarker1"",""green"",200,300,333.052,[0,0,0]],[[""redCamp""],""Red"",""RedMarker1"",""red"",150,250,331.293,[0,0,0]],[[""default""],""Blue"",""BlueMarker1"",""blue"",120,200,-1,[4886.5,13270.1,0]],[[""default""],""Blue"",""BlueMarker1"",""blue"",120,200,-1,[4886.5,13270.1,0]],[[""resupplyCamp""],""Orange"",""OrangeMarker1"",""orange"",250,360,-1,[22613.2,18231.7,0]]]"
11:24:56 "AIM.sqf ===]  _this = [[""start"",""A Bandit resupply camp has been spotted. Check the Orange marker on your map for its location"",""Resupply Camp""]] | _msg = [""start"",""A Bandit resupply camp has been spotted. Check the Orange marker on your map for its location"",""Resupply Camp""] | _players = [B Alpha 1-1:1 (Oleg) REMOTE]"
11:24:56 "[blckeagls] Spawning Green Mission with template = medicalCamp"
11:24:57 "[blckeagls] missionSpawner:: Initializing mission: _cords [18144.2,14156.3,0] : _missionType GreenMarker1 :  _aiDifficultyLevel 200 _markerMissionName Medical Camp"
11:24:57 "_fnc_updateMissionQue :: _mission = GreenMarker1 | _status = Active | _coords = [18144.2,14156.3,0]"
11:24:57 "_fnc_updateMissionQue :: _element = [[""medicalCamp""],""Green"",""GreenMarker1"",""green"",200,300,333.052,[0,0,0]]"
11:24:57 "_fnc_updateMissionQue::  -- >> _element updated from [[""medicalCamp""],""Green"",""GreenMarker1"",""green"",200,300,-1,[18144.2,14156.3,0]] to [[""medicalCamp""],""Green"",""GreenMarker1"",""green"",200,300,-1,[18144.2,14156.3,0]]"
11:24:57 "_fnc_updateMissionQue :: blck_pendingMissions updated to [[[""resupplyCamp""],""Orange"",""OrangeMarker1"",""orange"",250,360,-1,[22613.2,18231.7,0]],[[""medicalCamp""],""Green"",""GreenMarker1"",""green"",200,300,-1,[18144.2,14156.3,0]],[[""redCamp""],""Red"",""RedMarker1"",""red"",150,250,331.293,[0,0,0]],[[""default""],""Blue"",""BlueMarker1"",""blue"",120,200,-1,[4886.5,13270.1,0]],[[""default""],""Blue"",""BlueMarker1"",""blue"",120,200,-1,[4886.5,13270.1,0]],[[""resupplyCamp""],""Orange"",""OrangeMarker1"",""orange"",250,360,-1,[22613.2,18231.7,0]],[[""medicalCamp""],""Green"",""GreenMarker1"",""green"",200,300,-1,[18144.2,14156.3,0]]]"
11:24:57 "AIM.sqf ===]  _this = [[""start"",""A Bandit Medical camp has been spotted. Check the Green marker on your map for its location"",""Medical Camp""]] | _msg = [""start"",""A Bandit Medical camp has been spotted. Check the Green marker on your map for its location"",""Medical Camp""] | _players = [B Alpha 1-1:1 (Oleg) REMOTE]"
11:24:58 "DAYTIME ADJUSTMENT:: time accel updated to 1; time of day = 6.82565"
11:24:58 "[blckeagls] Spawning Red Mission with template = redCamp"
11:24:58 "[blckeagls] missionSpawner:: Initializing mission: _cords [8780.27,14174.5,0] : _missionType RedMarker1 :  _aiDifficultyLevel 150 _markerMissionName Bandit Camp"
11:24:58 "_fnc_updateMissionQue :: _mission = RedMarker1 | _status = Active | _coords = [8780.27,14174.5,0]"
11:24:58 "_fnc_updateMissionQue :: _element = [[""redCamp""],""Red"",""RedMarker1"",""red"",150,250,331.293,[0,0,0]]"
11:24:58 "_fnc_updateMissionQue::  -- >> _element updated from [[""redCamp""],""Red"",""RedMarker1"",""red"",150,250,-1,[8780.27,14174.5,0]] to [[""redCamp""],""Red"",""RedMarker1"",""red"",150,250,-1,[8780.27,14174.5,0]]"
11:24:58 "_fnc_updateMissionQue :: blck_pendingMissions updated to [[[""resupplyCamp""],""Orange"",""OrangeMarker1"",""orange"",250,360,-1,[22613.2,18231.7,0]],[[""medicalCamp""],""Green"",""GreenMarker1"",""green"",200,300,-1,[18144.2,14156.3,0]],[[""redCamp""],""Red"",""RedMarker1"",""red"",150,250,-1,[8780.27,14174.5,0]],[[""default""],""Blue"",""BlueMarker1"",""blue"",120,200,-1,[4886.5,13270.1,0]],[[""default""],""Blue"",""BlueMarker1"",""blue"",120,200,-1,[4886.5,13270.1,0]],[[""resupplyCamp""],""Orange"",""OrangeMarker1"",""orange"",250,360,-1,[22613.2,18231.7,0]],[[""medicalCamp""],""Green"",""GreenMarker1"",""green"",200,300,-1,[18144.2,14156.3,0]],[[""redCamp""],""Red"",""RedMarker1"",""red"",150,250,-1,[8780.27,14174.5,0]]]"
11:24:58 "AIM.sqf ===]  _this = [[""start"",""A temporary Bandit camp has been spotted. Check the Red marker on your map for its location"",""Bandit Camp""]] | _msg = [""start"",""A temporary Bandit camp has been spotted. Check the Red marker on your map for its location"",""Bandit Camp""] | _players = [B Alpha 1-1:1 (Oleg) REMOTE]"

4 hours ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

Sorry about that. There were two typos I missed. Please download the updated zip and give another try. I just ran this on a test server and it started up fine.

ok its starts fine now. The only issue is the missions run for a short time then they stop. Someone mentioned the same issue above.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Sneer said:

ok its starts fine now. The only issue is the missions run for a short time then they stop. Someone mentioned the same issue above.

Thanks

yes there is an issue in GMS_fnc_updateMissionQue.sqf. Basically, I need to re-work the method for updating the record for the mission. I can't delete the old one and add in a new one. I should have a fix by midnight tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

This might be happening for a few reasons:

You have reached the maximum number of groups allowed for the side on on which blckeagls spawns AI.

There is a problem with the code that spawns mission markers.

There is an issue with the code that recycles missions.

You can increase the the period for mision timeouts by increasing     blck_MissionTimout = 40*60;  // 40 min (line 142-ish) to say 400*60.

I have a few questions:

have you made any changes to blckClient.sqf?

have you changed init.sqf to initPlayerLocal.sqf?

are you precompiling blckClient.sqf?

Have you looked in the server .rpt to see if the missions continue to spawn? I have the same ? for the client.rpt.

The only time I have observed this behavior is when GMS_fnc_spawnGroups.sqf is unable to spawn a group. this happens when the number of groups for the side for AI reaches 144. When this happens the createGroup function returns grpNull and everything grinds to a halt. I put in some logging to report this (server.rpt) so it would help if you could look for <GROUP-NULL> in that log. I never completely finished the abort code needed to handle this problem.

Thanks !

Ghost

EDIT:

I think I see the problem. There is an issue with GMS_fnc_updateMissionQue.

Working on a solution now.

Glad to hear you found the culprit. As a matter of fact the very first thing I did was look at my RPT and could not find anything about them timing out or an attempt to respawn the missions. I have not made any changes to any of those files that you have listed. Also, which init.sqf are you referring to? The one within the epoch.<mapname>.pbo? All that I have changed are the amount of mags for spawned units, changed awarding the ai killer getting crypto for kills, and made many changes to blck_config_epoch.sqf.

Yeah that was at least the idea... to change the mission timer so it does not time out for like 5 hours  to prevent the issue from happening at all.

Not sure if anyone else is also having this issue, but I had to comment out default2 in the mission lists for blue, red, green and orange because for some reason when players got within the 1km range the mission refused to spawn. Happened twice for both blue and orange. Not a problem at this point though.

Thanks for your time, Ghost!

14 hours ago, DeeRawk said:

Cheers man!

Found the key problem in GMS_fnc_updateMissionQue.sqf and updated the github with a fix.

Also corrected a few other minor errors.