[CONTINUED] blckeagls' AI Mission Version 7.06 Build 239

Ghostrider-GRG

Ok I got a question if reading this correct 

If I want more then one of these missions spawning on the map I change the value to lets say 3  or 2 and will spawn more then one mission.

If that is the chase then, I did that well none of the missions spawn and waited for 20mins. to see if it will.

//Set to -1 to disable. Values of 2 or more force the mission spawner to spawn copies of that mission.
    blck_enableOrangeMissions = 2;  
    blck_enableGreenMissions = 2;
    blck_enableRedMissions = 3;
    blck_enableBlueMissions = 3;
    blck_enableHunterMissions = 1;
    blck_enableScoutsMissions = 1;

On 8/11/2015 at 6:49 AM, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

I found a typo in the code for spawning AI. I will test a fix over the next 1-2 days.

I will look into the problem with weapons after that.

I checked the timers for cleanup of live AI and composition objects and that all looks OK. I will do testing on a test server tonight.

The current method of coding is only set up to spawn one instance of a mission. I would have to look at the code to see if multiple instances of an Orange mission, for example, would be problematic with the current mission spawner. In the past, there were some global variables what were overwritten causing major issues. You would have to modify the way the missions are added to the que in custom_server\init\blck_init.sqf.

4 hours ago, Biz said:

Ok I got a question if reading this correct 

If I want more then one of these missions spawning on the map I change the value to lets say 3  or 2 and will spawn more then one mission.

If that is the chase then, I did that well none of the missions spawn and waited for 20mins. to see if it will.

//Set to -1 to disable. Values of 2 or more force the mission spawner to spawn copies of that mission.
    blck_enableOrangeMissions = 2;  
    blck_enableGreenMissions = 2;
    blck_enableRedMissions = 3;
    blck_enableBlueMissions = 3;
    blck_enableHunterMissions = 1;
    blck_enableScoutsMissions = 1;

Increasing the number there will not increase the number of instances of particular mission. The current method of coding is only set up to spawn one instance of a mission. I would have to look at the code to see if multiple instances of an Orange mission, for example, would be problematic with the current mission spawner. In the past, there were some global variables what were overwritten causing major issues. You would have to modify the way the missions are added to the que in custom_server\init\blck_init.sqf.

Just now, Biz said:

arlighty I see what I can do, I learning as a go so I thought I would ask. :) ty for getting back to me

No problem. I wrote code for what you are considering but removed it because at the time there were mysterious glitches that I now know are due to failure in Epoch to delete all empty groups. Most of the backbone needed to run multiple instances is there - just needs to be tested and troubleshooted. I would consider running WAI and SEM in addition, or setting up some AI strongholds as alternatives. Note that VEMFr also has some mission capabilities.

On 12/18/2016 at 4:55 PM, Biz said:

arlighty I see what I can do, I learning as a go so I thought I would ask. :) ty for getting back to me

All the code you need is already in the mod. I will be uploading v6.50 in which this feature has been enabled once I do a stress test tonight. At one point the mission system was hanging because the max number of allowable groups had been spawned. I just want to be sure this issue was resolved before releasing this update.

3 hours ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

in <MAP-NAME>.Epoch\debug\blck_client. sqf be sure that     blck_useTitleText = false;

it was always false :) 

Just using blck_useDynamic = true;

Still does

Arm_A_3_12_24_2016_09_34_08_01.jpg

Client rpt

9:34:06 "[blckClient] blck_Message = [""showScore"",[25,"""",2],""""]"
 9:34:06 "blck_Message ====]  Paremeters = _this = [""showScore"",[25,"""",2],""""]"
 9:34:06 "blck_Message ====]  Paremeters _event showScore  _message [25,"""",2] paramter #3 "
 9:34:06 "blck_Message ====] _message isEqualTo  [25,"""",2]"

5 hours ago, Brian Soanes said:

it was always false :) 

Just using blck_useDynamic = true;

Still does

Arm_A_3_12_24_2016_09_34_08_01.jpg

Client rpt

9:34:06 "[blckClient] blck_Message = [""showScore"",[25,"""",2],""""]"
 9:34:06 "blck_Message ====]  Paremeters = _this = [""showScore"",[25,"""",2],""""]"
 9:34:06 "blck_Message ====]  Paremeters _event showScore  _message [25,"""",2] paramter #3 "
 9:34:06 "blck_Message ====] _message isEqualTo  [25,"""",2]"

That's strange and I can see how it would be quite annoying. Is there any chance that you changed something lower down in blck_client.sqf accidentally ?  My guess is that when the client receives the showScore notification it is not calling fn_killScoreNotification, or that that function was modified accidentally.  I suggest that you start with a clean blck_client.sqf and go from there.

Unfortunately I will be away until Jan 2 and will not be providing much in the way of support, and nothing as far as updates, until I return. but I have started work to add additional settings by which you can determine which of the messages are broadcast when an AI is killed. I know that with a busy server these probably consume some network resources.

27.12.2016 18:56:52: Trevor (127.0.0.1:2316) abc8f1a4b1c0f851613ced9fed9adf65 - #0 ",0.35];[_text,_xcoord,_ycoord,_screentime,0.5] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;uiSleep 3; blck_processingMsg = -1;};fn_mission"
I keep getting Script Restriciton 0 when I try to join the server and when I look at the scripts log It shows this, I did put the Battleye Filters in.

After searching the forums for another 30 minutes, I found the solution

Also no matter what skill level i set the ai too and there spot distance, and also there known attackers distance they never fire upon the players until you are about 250 meters or less every time, i have tested this with all 4 of the ai missions on the map what needs to be changed or do i need to edit the arma 3 server side profile. Also i see this in the config but i thought the max you could go for any of the skill array settings was 1.0 ie max >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blck_AIIntelligence = [0.5, 1, 2, 4];  

2 hours ago, Meyson said:

Does not work on namalske help customize

Please do a fresh install and follow the install directions closely. If you give me more information about what is not working I might be able to point you in the right direction for troubleshooting. It works fine on our Namalsk sever. Map specs for namalsk are custom_server\compiles\functions\GMS_fnc_findWorld.sqf. 

6 hours ago, viper179 said:

Also no matter what skill level i set the ai too and there spot distance, and also there known attackers distance they never fire upon the players until you are about 250 meters or less every time, i have tested this with all 4 of the ai missions on the map what needs to be changed or do i need to edit the arma 3 server side profile. Also i see this in the config but i thought the max you could go for any of the skill array settings was 1.0 ie max >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blck_AIIntelligence = [0.5, 1, 2, 4];  

if you want to up the AI difficulty start in the GMS_fnc_spawnUnit.sqf script and look for skill; increase this from 0.7 to 1. Set all skill domains to 1. The AI still may need  one or two rounds fired at them or a vehicle passing nearby to rile them up but in my experience even with the default settings I have provided at the Orange level they first on pretty much anything within several hundred meters. Put in a few static grenade launchers if you want a demonstration of how far out they detect players. The intelligence setting is adapted from WAI. I never looked at the actual code in Arma to see how that variable was applied to AI behavior. I am not sure whether 4 is actually higher than 1. The distance parameter that goes along with that variable does have an effect as it determines the radius within which nearby AI are alerted to an enemy's location.

2 hours ago, viper179 said:

Ok wil give that a go and also on a side note where do i change the players health and hunger , thirst etc located at so they quit spawning with 30% health every time.

There was a post on this a few months back under Discussion or Feedback. Google that issue or search the \epoch_config folder using one of the many grep programs if you would like to identify the file directly.

11 hours ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

Пожалуйста, сделайте новую установку и следуйте инструкциям установки внимательно. Если вы дадите мне больше информации о том, что не работает, я мог бы быть в состоянии направить вас в правильном направлении для поиска и устранения неисправностей. Он отлично работает на нашем Namalsk разъединяет. Карта спецификации для namalsk являются custom_server \ компилирует \ функции \ GMS_fnc_findWorld.sqf. 

You could not describe in detail the installation is on Namalsk? thanks in advance

12 часов назад Ghostrider-DbD- сказал:

Пожалуйста, сделайте новую установку и следуйте инструкциям установки внимательно. Если вы дадите мне больше информации о том, что не работает, я мог бы быть в состоянии направить вас в правильном направлении для поиска и устранения неисправностей . Он отлично работает на нашем Namalsk разъединяет. Карта спецификации для namalsk custom_server являются \ компилирует \ функции \ GMS_fnc_findWorld.sqf. 

Thank you very much, I have set up, but the problem is that there is no warning about the beginning of the mission and the fact that it carried out, do not tell how to fix?