[CONTINUED] blckeagls' AI Mission Version 7.06 Build 239

Ghostrider-GRG

Originally concieved by Blckeagls and supported here with permission

Completely rewritten  to remove bugs and add functionallity.

Current Version: Version 7.06

Current Build: 239

Description.

Built-in support for Epoch or Exile.

Updated: Built in Headless client support.

New: includes tools to export missions from A3EDEN Editor - minimal editing/scripting required to generate new missions once the design is completed in the editr.

A complete static and dynamic mission system rolled into one.

New:

Many new Missions (Thanks to Thomas_TKO)

CHANGES:

To download go to: https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagles-revisited-RC

For installation see: https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagles-revisited-RC/blob/master/INSTALLATION.txt

For a complete changelog see: https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagles-revisited-RC/blob/master/changeLog.sqf

Credits:

Epoch Mod developer team, and in particular AWOL whose code has provided many lessons in scripting.

•   blckeagls - Original developer of mission system 2.0.2
  •   Narines - bug fixes and improvements.
  •   Bill (DBD Clan) example compositions.
  •   cyncrwler for help with troubleshooting and testing
  •   Brian Soanes for helpful changes and performance tweaks.
  •   Grahame for many rounds of testing, feedback and suggestions regarding features.
  •   zxbutchxz for extensive testing of AI behavior.
  • MGTDB for the fix for an issue with interacting with captives/targets on Exile servers.
  • Porkeld for the CBA compatability fixes and debugging.
  • Thomas_TKO for debugging and many new missions.

* Additional Credits include authors of other missions systems and scripts who's work influenced this release:

•    Halve and He-Man.
  •     Face (A3EAI)
  •     KiloSwiss (SEM)
  •     Hogscrapper (HC missions for A3)
  •     the Vampire (DZMS and VEMF)
  •     The FUCHS (EMS)
  •     lazylink (early A2 Epoch mission system)
  •     Matt11 (Wicked AI) Updates:

License

This Mission System is provided under an Attribution Non-Commercial ShareAlike 4.0 Commons License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

Hi, Is there a way to dictate a maximum number of missions that can spawn on the map at any given time? I have had a look but can not see a setting.

The reason is this, Its quite easy to actually activate the missions by mistake, and I have noticed if i have 3 missions actually running, plus VEMF Invasions and A3AI, all is great, I get a respectable 40+ server FPS, but once the 4th missions activates (AI present) Server FPS drops to below 30.

So basically my question, is it possible to have only 3 missions spawning?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

regards

Simon

Easy, just find the init.sqf in the custom_server.pbo and comment out the missions you don't want to spawn

//Start the mission timers
[] execVM "\q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Major\majorTimer.sqf"; //Starts major mission system (Orange Map Markers)
[] execVM "\q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Major2\major2Timer.sqf";//Starts major mission system 2 (Green Map Markers)
[] execVM "\q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Minor2\minor2Timer.sqf";//Starts minor mission system 2 (Red Map Markers)
[] execVM "\q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Minor\minorTimer.sqf";//Starts minor mission system (Blue Map Markers) 

Just add // before the [] execVM line and that line won't be read.

Hey,

I really love your script.

But we have problem:

The whole mission doenst get cleaned up! The items & objects stay for hours, no matter what I enter at:

blck_bodyCleanUpTimer = 60; // time in seconds after which dead AI bodies are deleted

Even the missions dont spawn at the time given in the interval:

// MISSION TIMERS
    // Reduce to 1 sec for immediate spawns, or longer if you wish to space the missions out    
    blck_TMin_Major = 1;
    blck_TMin_Major2 = 1;
    blck_TMin_Minor = 1;
    blck_TMin_Minor2 = 1;

//Maximum Spawn time between missions in seconds
    blck_TMax_Major = 100;
    blck_TMax_Major2 = 100;
    blck_TMax_Minor = 100;
    blck_TMax_Minor2 = 100;

The map marker "finished mission" stays for about 6 minutes...

What does "    blck_AIGrps_Major = 5;" mean?

I put     // Orange Missions
    blck_MinAI_Major = 4;
    blck_MaxAI_Major = 6;
    blck_AIGrps_Major = 1;

in config but it always spawns 6 oder 7 bots. never 5 oder 4.

Hey,

I really love your script.

But we have problem:

The whole mission doenst get cleaned up! The items & objects stay for hours, no matter what I enter at:

blck_

Even the missions dont spawn at the time given in the interval:

// MISSION TIMERS

// Reduce to 1 sec for immediate spawns, or longer if you wish to space the missions out    

blck_TMin_Major = 1;

blck_TMin_Major2 = 1;

blck_TMin_Minor = 1;

blck_TMin_Minor2 = 1;

blck_TMax_Major = 100;

blck_TMax_Major2 = 100;

blck_TMax_Minor = 100;

blck_TMax_Minor2 = 100;

The map marker "finished mission" stays for about 6 minutes...

What does "    blck_AIGrps_Major = 5;" mean?

I put     // Orange Missions

blck_MinAI_Major = 4;

blck_MaxAI_Major = 6;

blck_AIGrps_Major = 1;

in config but it always spawns 6 oder 7 bots. never 5 oder 4.

Thanks for your kind words about the mission system. The mission buildings should be deleted 900 seconds after the mission is completed, which is about 15 min. If you want to check that this is working add this to configOverides.sqf:

blck_cleanupCompositionTimer = 15;  // Time after mission completion at which items in the composition are deleted.

blck_AICleanUpTimer = 30;  // Time after mission completion at which any remaining live AI are deleted.

This will force mission objects to be deleted 15 seconds after mission completion and all AI that are still alive that were spawned for that mission to be deleted after 30 secs. These variables are defined in AIFunctions.sqf as normally I do not recommend changing them.

Please check your server .RPT file for errors. If there are any errors in AIConfig.sqf or AIFunctions.sqf it will derail the entire mission system.

The Finished marker as configured should be visible for 300 seconds which is about 5 min.

At each mission, the AI are divided into several groups. blck_AIGrps_Major = 5; means that at the Orange mission the AI will be divided into 5 different groups. This makes missions more interesting as the groups of AI behave independently. The way you configured the mission:

blck_MinAI_Major = 4;

blck_MaxAI_Major = 6;

blck_AIGrps_Major = 1;

should spawn one group with 4 to 6 AI. I will check to see if one might be added due to a rounding error or for some other reason. Are you spawning static weapons ? The AI that man them are in addition to any that patrol the mission area.

The change you made for deleting dead AI bodies should delete the body of any dead AI  after 60 seconds independently of the status of a mission.

blck_bodyCleanUpTimer = 60;

Thanks for your really quick answer!!

Thanks for your kind words about the mission system. The mission buildings should be deleted 900 seconds after the mission is completed, which is about 15 min. If you want to check that this is working add this to configOverides.sqf:

blck_cleanupCompositionTimer = 15;  // Time after mission completion at which items in the composition are deleted.
blck_AICleanUpTimer = 30;  // Time after mission completion at which any remaining live AI are deleted.

I changed those times @AIFunctions.sqf and only blck_cleanupCompositionTimer worked. (set both to 60 seconds, was in godmode, ran to crate --> mission succes. Then 60 seconds later building disappreared but not AI was alive for another 20 minutes (then I stopped testing). And the crate didnt get removed.

The Finished marker as configured should be visible for 300 seconds which is about 5 min.

I really love your style of mission marker but is there a way to change the amount of time?

The change you made for deleting dead AI bodies should delete the body of any dead AI  after 60 seconds independently of the status of a mission.

blck_bodyCleanUpTimer = 60;

We changed every value here, and dead AI bodies stay for ages. (actually after 30 minutes they didnt disappear so I dunno if this is an epoch bug?!)

We checked everything in the files but: the mission buildings such as alive AND dead bots disappear after exact 15 minutes.

Only the crate stays.

My "main" problem is:

// MISSION TIMERS
    blck_TMin_Major = 1;
    blck_TMin_Major2 = 1;
    blck_TMin_Minor = 1;
    blck_TMin_Minor2 = 1;

blck_TMax_Major = 100;
    blck_TMax_Major2 = 100;
    blck_TMax_Minor = 100;
    blck_TMax_Minor2 = 100;

WIth this values, every mission should spawn between 1 to 100 seconds after the mission before (same color) was "done" (player was at crate).

But this rlly doenst happen. I dunno, it spawns at any random time but much longer then 100 seconds.

When I restart the server, the first missions (all colours) spawn exact after the time of blck_TMax_XXX ...

Thanks a lot for helping me!!

I really love your style of mission marker but is there a way to change the amount of time?

In blckClient.sqf, change

blck_MarkerPeristTime = 300;

As to the times for spawning missions, they are approximate, especially when the missions are spawning close to one-another in time. Remember that spawning a mission is fairly resource-intensive.

The crate perists always by design. I will add an option to include the crate in the cleanup routine in a future  update.

Please send your server .RPT file by dropbox or pastebin.

ok Thanks.

Do you have any idea why there is always the number of maximal NPCS spawning?

for exampe 4-6 is the setting in 100% there spawn 6.

EDIT: Is there a way to configure the items the NPCS carry in their vests and uniforms?

EDIT 2 : The crate flips and explodes when you shoot it. Is this even normal?

ok Thanks.

Do you have any idea why there is always the number of maximal NPCS spawning?

for exampe 4-6 is the setting in 100% there spawn 6.

EDIT: Is there a way to configure the items the NPCS carry in their vests and uniforms?

EDIT 2 : The crate flips and explodes when you shoot it. Is this even normal?

I checked this morning on a test server as to whether alive AI were deleted after mission completion. While the timing seems to be off I did find that they were deleted.

As far as deletion of mission objects, keep in mind that the crate and smoke will persist. Everything else should be deleted; if not please let me know.

Check in spawnUnit.sqf, I believe, to modifiy what food and other items AI are spawned with.

I checked this morning on a test server as to whether alive AI were deleted after mission completion. While the timing seems to be off I did find that they were deleted.

As far as deletion of mission objects, keep in mind that the crate and smoke will persist. Everything else should be deleted; if not please let me know.

Check in spawnUnit.sqf, I believe, to modifiy what food and other items AI are spawned with.

Thanks found it!

My last question:

No matter what weapon loadout I give the AI, they always have only Vermins etc and Assault Rifles...

blck_WeaponList_Red = _RifleSniper + _RifleLMG + _DLC_MMG + _RifleAssault + _DLC_Sniper;

should give the NPCS of Red mission like all weapons?!

EDIT: Even if I out only _RifleLMG in red, they only have TRG, Mk20 and low 5.56 mm stuff.... :(

EDIT: I made GM6 lynx the only weapon in the _RifleAssault ARRAY and made red missions only have this array..the strange thing was: a group of 4 NPCS were having lynx..the other had only assault rifles...wtf

Thanks found it!

My last question:

No matter what weapon loadout I give the AI, they always have only Vermins etc and Assault Rifles...

blck_WeaponList_Red = _RifleSniper + _RifleLMG + _DLC_MMG + _RifleAssault + _DLC_Sniper;

should give the NPCS of Red mission like all weapons?!

EDIT: Even if I out only _RifleLMG in red, they only have TRG, Mk20 and low 5.56 mm stuff.... :(

EDIT: I made GM6 lynx the only weapon in the _RifleAssault ARRAY and made red missions only have this array..the strange thing was: a group of 4 NPCS were having lynx..the other had only assault rifles...wtf

I am not sure why this is happening. 

Check your .RPT file for errors. Many odd behaviors have, in the past, been the result of a minor error in 

AIConfig.sqf.

EDIT: please describe what you were doing when this happened. I have heard one player on our servers report ARMA crashes when missions trigger. 

Only running on my test server, teleporting to each mission to trigger it and end it.

It's not AI skin, loot, smoke grenade or vehicle related.

From the mdmp file it says 

Exception Information: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

//This defines the skill, minimum/Maximum number of AI and how many AI groups are spawned for each mission type
    // Orange Missions
    blck_MinAI_Major = 4;
    blck_MaxAI_Major = 6;
    blck_AIGrps_Major = 1;
    blck_SkillsOrange = [
        ["aimingAccuracy",0.1],["aimingShake",0.3],["aimingSpeed",0.4],["endurance",0.9],["spotDistance",0.6],["spotTime",0.6],["courage",85],["reloadSpeed",0.75],["commanding",0.9],["general",0.75]
    ];

// Green Missions
    blck_MinAI_Major2 = 6;
    blck_MaxAI_Major2 = 10;
    blck_AIGrps_Major2 = 2;
    blck_SkillsGreen = [
        ["aimingAccuracy",0.1],["aimingShake",0.3],["aimingSpeed",0.4],["endurance",0.9],["spotDistance",0.6],["spotTime",0.6],["courage",85],["reloadSpeed",0.75],["commanding",0.9],["general",0.75]
    ];

// Red Missions
    blck_MinAI_Minor2 = 10;
    blck_MaxAI_Minor2 = 16;
    blck_AIGrps_Minor2 = 3;
    blck_SkillsRed = [
        ["aimingAccuracy",0.15],["aimingShake",0.3],["aimingSpeed",0.5],["endurance",1.00],["spotDistance",0.7],["spotTime",0.7],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",1.00]
    ];

// Blue Missions
    blck_MinAI_Minor = 7;    
    blck_MaxAI_Minor = 11;
    blck_AIGrps_Minor = 2;
    blck_SkillsBlue = [
        ["aimingAccuracy",0.08],["aimingShake",0.1],["aimingSpeed",0.3],["endurance",0.60],["spotDistance",0.4],["spotTime",0.4],["courage",0.70],["reloadSpeed",0.70],["commanding",0.8],["general",0.70]        
    ];

This is my setting for number of bots.

We counted two times:

red: 18 / 21

green: 11 /11

orange: 7 / 9

blue: 12 /14

?!

This is our LOG:

19:11:56 "[DBD Clan] --- >>> Loading config overides for Chernarus"
19:11:56 "[blckeagls] Orange mission timer started"
19:11:56 "[blckeagls] GREEN mission timer started"
19:11:56 "[blckeagls] RED mission timer started"
19:11:56 "[blckeagls] BLUE mission timer started"
19:12:05 Error: Object(3 : 8) not found
19:12:26 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.
19:12:26 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.
19:13:36 GlassType: unknown type: G_mas_wpn_bala_mask_b
19:13:39 "[blckeagls] Starting BLUE mission SM1"
19:13:39 "[blckeagls] Blue Mission composition = default "
19:13:39 "[blckeagls] Starting GREEN mission SM1"
19:13:39 "[blckeagls] Starting RED mission SM1"
19:13:39 "[blckeagls] Red Mission composition = default "
19:13:39 "[blckeagls] Starting ORANGE mission SM1"
19:13:39 "[blckeagls] Orange Mission composition = default "
19:13:53 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:13:54 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:13:54 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:13:55 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:13:56 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:13:56 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:13:58 "signalEnd.sqf:  _smokeShell = SmokeShellRed"
19:13:59 Error in expression <riable["LAST_CHECK",14400];
_vehSE call EPOCH_server_setVToken;
clearWeaponCargo>
19:13:59   Error position: <EPOCH_server_setVToken;
clearWeaponCargo>
19:13:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: epoch_server_setvtoken
19:13:59 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\spawnEmplaced.sqf, line 34
19:14:00 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:14:01 Error in expression <riable["LAST_CHECK",14400];
_vehSE call EPOCH_server_setVToken;
clearWeaponCargo>
19:14:01   Error position: <EPOCH_server_setVToken;
clearWeaponCargo>
19:14:01   Error Undefined variable in expression: epoch_server_setvtoken
19:14:01 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\spawnEmplaced.sqf, line 34
19:14:02 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:14:03 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:14:04 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:14:05 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:14:06 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:14:06 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:14:10 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:14:12 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:14:14 Error: Object(4 : 5) not found
19:14:20 Error: Object(3 : 18) not found
19:14:21 Error: Object(3 : 19) not found
19:14:21 Error: Object(3 : 20) not found
19:15:15 "signalEnd.sqf:  _smokeShell = SmokeShellBlue"
19:16:20 Error a1 reading file 'config\\squads\rapax\0d7097d0a0cda0d8fff2aaa3605aedd5.paa'
19:16:35 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:36 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:37 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:37 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:39 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:40 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:41 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:43 "signalEnd.sqf:  _smokeShell = SmokeShellPurple"
19:16:46 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:46 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:47 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:49 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:50 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:50 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:16:51 Inventory item with given name: [FAK] not found
19:18:58 "[blckeagls] End of ORANGE mission SM1"
19:19:59 (6623 [receivedMagazine]): Network sync error - NMTFireWeapon

EDIT:

could u tell us which values we can add here? MIN / MAX?

["aimingAccuracy",0.15],["aimingShake",0.3],["aimingSpeed",0.5],["endurance",1.00],["spotDistance",0.7],["spotTime",0.7],["courage",1.00],["reloadSpeed",1.00],["commanding",1.00],["general",1.00]

I have been away for a few days. I start by going through to be sure min/max are coded correctly and function. I think some of the errors in your RPT log are due to running this without Epoch. I don't think they will be fatal but may spam your .RPT file with errors.

The way you have configured this, there will be:

Orange: 4/6 1 group

Green 6/10 2 groups

Red 10/16 2 groups

Blue 7/11 2 groups

As to your question,

Changes AI behaviors but does not affect min/max.

Now the bots ignore players at all.

Only if you shoot them they return fire sometimes...

(we currently trying your script without epoch mod)

I have not run it without epoch. You might check some of the early posts in these forum for fixes that make the AI target players. That was an issue in older AI addons.

I have been away for a few days. I start by going through to be sure min/max are coded correctly and function. I think some of the errors in your RPT log are due to running this without Epoch. I don't think they will be fatal but may spam your .RPT file with errors.

The way you have configured this, there will be:

Orange: 4/6 1 group

Green 6/10 2 groups

Red 10/16 2 groups

Blue 7/11 2 groups

As to your question,

Changes AI behaviors but does not affect min/max.

Yeah in theory it should be this number of bots...but it was (we did every mission 5 times):

orange: 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 / 7

green: 8 / 11 / 12 /13 /14

red: 20 / 19 / 18 / 21

blue: 14 / 14 / 13 /14

if we take lower numbers, bots decrease but never the numbers in the config.

How if fixed the weapon choice bug of bots:

removed all items from _DLC MMG etc arrays and moves it to _Rifles Assault, gave every mission the array of Rifles Assault.

Yeah in theory it should be this number of bots...but it was (we did every mission 5 times):

orange: 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 / 7

green: 8 / 11 / 12 /13 /14

red: 20 / 19 / 18 / 21

blue: 14 / 14 / 13 /14

if we take lower numbers, bots decrease but never the numbers in the config.

How if fixed the weapon choice bug of bots:

removed all items from _DLC MMG etc arrays and moves it to _Rifles Assault, gave every mission the array of Rifles Assault.

I found a typo in the code for spawning AI. I will test a fix over the next 1-2 days.

I will look into the problem with weapons after that.

I checked the timers for cleanup of live AI and composition objects and that all looks OK. I will do testing on a test server tonight.