[CONTINUED] blckeagls' AI Mission Version 7.06 Build 239

Ghostrider-GRG

36 minutes ago, Drokz said:

Any idea when it will be finished? Didnt update to latest version yet and will wait if you finish it soon 

It is always difficult to tell with things like this. If ou have time it would be nice to get some feedback as to whether the changes did anything. However, it is possible I will have something more advanced to test later today. Right now I have a strategy and am testing to be sure the AI cycle through the waypoints.

14 hours ago, Drokz said:

Yea no problem mate. Will run latest build then and let you know how it works :)

So, Build 40 and 41 have been uploaded.

Build 40 adds new logic to the killed event handler to make the knowledge the AI have of the killer more incremental. Once you kill one the survivors should start to light you up.

I also added a hit event handler which notifies surviving AI in the group of the killer's location. If the AI is significantly injured it will also heal before engaging you again.

Build 41 uses some new types of waypoints to try to make the AI more aggressive. Infantry now have some search and destry weapionts. The leader will actively search for enemies when in this mode. The AI should cycle between moving and searching. 

Iam curious to know whether there is any discernible difference between build 41 and the v 3.5 from a year ago. This one adds quite a bit of logic to the AI that was absent in the past.  One hope that will make them seem more inteligent and responsive..

On 3/9/2017 at 3:23 PM, prue420 said:

Can anyone confirm if the AI are badass again or are they easy to kill still? I reverted back to old version a few months back and would like to update but they where way to easy.

Give build 41 a try. It has several new features as compared to a few months ago.

2 hours ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

Build 41 uses some new types of waypoints to try to make the AI more aggressive. Infantry now have some search and destry weapionts. The leader will actively search for enemies when in this mode. The AI should cycle between moving and searching. 

This looks pretty good! 

Missions spawning in and working fine. Only thing I noticed was this in RPT

7:56:28 "blck_functions loaded using DBDServer settings ---- >>>> "
 7:56:28 Warning Message: Script \q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Missions\GMS_fnc_missionAIareDead.sqf not found

idk if its about the DBD settings but think you will sort that easy :)

4 hours ago, Drokz said:

This looks pretty good! 

Missions spawning in and working fine. Only thing I noticed was this in RPT

7:56:28 "blck_functions loaded using DBDServer settings ---- >>>> "
 7:56:28 Warning Message: Script \q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Missions\GMS_fnc_missionAIareDead.sqf not found

idk if its about the DBD settings but think you will sort that easy :)

Thanks, these are easy fixes and were uploaded as Build 42. Please let me know how the AI difficulty seems.

2 minutes ago, Drokz said:

They seem to be pretty aggressive now if you get into the set range. Better than before. Also i really like the AIs to not just camping the ground which makes it to easy to kill them

That is good to hear. The will self-heal now if you wound them. I tried to get them to throw smoke before they heal but that is not yet working. Heli patrols are next - those are an easy addition.

Yea was wondering about the Reinforments since i never noticed a heli incoming to a mission.

Also the Static Mission would be nice to have. I tried to use Sector B addon for that but its not working right. So, if you add a static mission it would be great to be able to set in which range the AI´s should roam.

BTW the other missions are server exclusive i think?^^

I dont see build 42 in the dev branches

7 hours ago, Drokz said:

Yea was wondering about the Reinforments since i never noticed a heli incoming to a mission.

Also the Static Mission would be nice to have. I tried to use Sector B addon for that but its not working right. So, if you add a static mission it would be great to be able to set in which range the AI´s should roam.

BTW the other missions are server exclusive i think?^^

I dont see build 42 in the dev branches

I have Reinforcements next on my list. I plan on having paratroops drop in over the mission center when some condition is met, probably either 1 AI killed or a proximity trigger. which do you prefer.

I have heli patrols in mind which are pretty easy to script. I plan to make it pretty easy for server owners to select from little-birds, hellcats, orca's etc.

seting up a static mission should be easy. I did start thinking about how to design a template. My thought was to :

1) include an ability to spawn buildings, sandbags, etc

2) ability to spawn infantry either outside or in buildnigs.

3) ability to spawn static weapons

4) ability to spawn vehicle patrols.

5) ability to spawn air patrols.

6) ability to place loot crates randomly or in specific locals inside or outside.

To fully implement this will require some work. A basic module can be put together just with calls to existing functions. the idea would be that you would configure the static mission by putting basic information into a template.

19 hours ago, Drokz said:

Sure take your time :) Also my Server started crashing the past 2 days but not sure yet what causes it to crash. Will let you know if this issue doesnt happen with older builds.

Still only see b40 and b41 in the branches ^^

This is going to take me a while in part because I am traveling a fair bit these days but I will plug away at it when I'm here. Build 42 will revert to the RC then gradually add in features again. Build 42 is not on the github yet - I must have been tired when I wrote that number.

HI @Ghostrider-DbD- can confirm that the AI are behaving better in build 41 - my players are complaining again now, which is a good thing and I almost got whacked by some that tried flanking me last night. Good job! :ph34r:

Just one bug report for you though. I'm getting this error from blck_functions.sqf:

Warning Message: Script \q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Missions\GMS_fnc_missionAIareDead.sqf not found

I can confirm that this file does not exist in the Build 41 on github.

@Drokz I too am experiencing server crashes on Black Tide since Sunday. You aren't with Host Havoc are you? Note my crashes are definitely not related to this mission system (I did not update from a much older build until yesterday)

1 minute ago, Drokz said:

No im running mine on zap-hosting. 

I reverted back to an older build and removed sm_zombz from my server. Since then its running fluent again. Maybe been caused by zombz then since he downgraded

I stumped on mine... no code changes at all last weekend when the crashes started but the hoster stilll just says that it must be a problem on my end... I could see that if it were a server resource issue based on number of mods, AI, vics, etc, but they say that the server's good. Will probably move the server to another hoster tomorrow in order to see what happens...

On 3/17/2017 at 11:22 AM, Grahame said:

HI @Ghostrider-DbD- can confirm that the AI are behaving better in build 41 - my players are complaining again now, which is a good thing and I almost got whacked by some that tried flanking me last night. Good job! :ph34r:

Just one bug report for you though. I'm getting this error from blck_functions.sqf:

Warning Message: Script \q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Missions\GMS_fnc_missionAIareDead.sqf not found

I can confirm that this file does not exist in the Build 41 on github.

@Drokz I too am experiencing server crashes on Black Tide since Sunday. You aren't with Host Havoc are you? Note my crashes are definitely not related to this mission system (I did not update from a much older build until yesterday)

Thanks for the notification about the missing file. That is a very important one for ensuring that missions continue to respawn. If it is missing then empty groups accumulate and eventually crash the mission system.

EXILE MOD Tanoa Map

23:38:02   Error private: Type code, expected Array,String
23:38:02 File q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Units\GMS_fnc_processIlleagalAIKills.sqf, line 14
23:38:52 "[blckeagls] missionSpawner:: (298)end of mission: _cords [6061.31,7626.56,0] : _markerClass RedMarker1 :  _aiDifficultyLevel red _markerMissionName Bandit Camp"
23:38:52 "_fnc_addLiveAIToQue::  -->> _aiList = [R Graveyard:11,R Graveyard:9,R Graveyard:3,R Graveyard:8,7bde0080# 1701950: b_fullghillie_f.p3d,R Graveyard:5,R Graveyard:4,7b8e6040# 1701990: basicbody.p3d,R Graveyard:13,R Graveyard:2,R Graveyard:7,R Graveyard:12,7c334080# 1702034: o_fullghillie_f.p3d,R Graveyard:6,7e134080# 1702243: basicbody.p3d,7e02a040# 1702256: b_gen_soldier_f.p3d,R Graveyard:10,7e04e040# 1702383: basicbody.p3d] || _timeDelay = 1200"