[CONTINUED] blckeagls' AI Mission Version 7.06 Build 239

Ghostrider-GRG

On 2/21/2017 at 2:17 PM, Drokz said:

Last version seems to be not working as some older did. 

The AIs dont attack me when im in a Vehicle and i dont even need to eject from the car to finish a mission so players can just pass the mission crate with a car and its finished

do you prefer that players have to exit the vehicle to trigger mission completion? That is an easy change to make.

I find the AI 50 cals and AI armed vehicles attack me aggressively when I get close. Please double-check without god mode or other admin tools activated.

18 hours ago, Drokz said:

Yea that is what it was before that you had to exit to complete. Would be great to have that back again :)

Edit: I just changed the endcondition to all units killed think that should work then

I looked at the code at it should be an easy fix to revert it back to the way it was before. I will do this during the weekend.

17 hours ago, Drokz said:

Thx :) i also noticed the lootcrate is filled before the mission is finished. Is there a way to fill/spawn when  mission is done?

Github updated to Ver 6.56 Build 39 which incorporates two additional features.

1) I added a setting that determines if loot is added when the mission spawns or when it is completed. See the change-log for details.

2) I redid the code that checks for proximity of players to the crate so that the mission end condition is only triggered when a player is on foot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!
Installed according to instructions, but I get an error

4:08:01 BattlEye Server: Script Log: #0 NukeChebe (58bc6ec6107e5f3cb63fa200e6ae4a9f) - #0 ",0.35];
 4:08:01   [_text,_xcoord,_ycoord,_screentime,0.5] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;
 4:08:01   uiSleep 3;  
 4:08:01   blck_processingMsg = -1;
 4:08:01   };
 4:08:01   
 4:08:01   fn_mission"
 4:08:01 Player NukeChebe kicked off by BattlEye: Script Restriction #0

How to fix?

2 hours ago, NukeChebe said:

Hi!
Installed according to instructions, but I get an error

4:08:01 BattlEye Server: Script Log: #0 NukeChebe (58bc6ec6107e5f3cb63fa200e6ae4a9f) - #0 ",0.35];
 4:08:01   [_text,_xcoord,_ycoord,_screentime,0.5] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;
 4:08:01   uiSleep 3;  
 4:08:01   blck_processingMsg = -1;
 4:08:01   };
 4:08:01   fn_mission"
 4:08:01 Player NukeChebe kicked off by BattlEye: Script Restriction #0

How to fix?

Add the following to the second line of scripts.txt which I think begins 7 BIS_fnc_dynamicText:

!=" [_text,_xcoord,_ycoord,_screentime,0.5] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;"

Keep in mind that alert distance specifies the radius within which nearby AI are alerted to the killer's position. If you are shooting from 1000 M it will take a few rounds before they zero in on you regardless of the settings. That's Arma. I am surprised you are finding any difference between the versions as the AI Difficulty settings are quite similar and, for Orange, probably a bit tougher with the newest release. In gameplay I have found the AI for the new version to be quite lethal at closer ranges. However, the major advantages of the newer version are primarily in performance with a few added features so either one should give the same basic gaming experience.

I didn't see any difference in performance with the newer version but even if there was its not worth it one person should not be able to take out an orange mission in less then 10 minutes from 700-1000m with out getting shot at once. In the old version 3.54 it takes 30-60 minutes and they will shoot you up to 1100m and that's if you don't rage quit from dying over and over, 2 shots the Ai are on you. Thats why i keep coming back to the forum to see if its fixed not trying to complain but my members did like some of the new features in newer version like money on the bodies but they are the ones that told me to go back to the older one because the new one was to easy. If you want me to make a video of both versions and show you that there is a huge difference in ai i can or i can stop bringing it up if you would like.

Edited by prue420

2 hours ago, Drokz said:

Also, i would like to run just like 2 missions at the same time to increase performance.

Could you add a option for that to shuffle the missions and run only 2 of them the same time? 

You can disable missions in the configs. 

2 hours ago, Drokz said:

6 hours ago, Drokz said:

Sure i know that. But i want only 2 Missions at the same time. Like Blue and Green and after one mission is finished a Orange mission spawns

So you want the option of any of 4 missions but only two of them running at one time? That would give you more variety of mission difficulties I guess, if that is what you are after. Because nothing from the mission spawns until a player is nearby I am not sure how much of a performance gain you would observed.  Is performance the reason you want to do this?

21 minutes ago, Drokz said:

Yea i would like to do it for performance in the main point, and it also increases the pvp areas if only 2 missions are active at one time

I will put it on the wish list. I have had to put scripting aside for now due to other obligations but will keep it in mind for the future. Other things I would like to include in future releases are paratroop reinforcements, heli-patrols and a more transparent template-based mechanisms for static missions (that always spawn at the same place).

On 3/11/2017 at 3:37 PM, Drokz said:

Sounds great cant wait for it :) but still your AIs from old mission system was way more agressive. Hope theres also something to be changed :P

I made some adjustments so that the AI get stirred up if you hit one of them, and added a function so that wounded AI can heal once. Also, the level of information the AI have about the killer(s) ramps up more slowly from 0 (minimun) to 4 (maximum).

These are now in Ver 6.57 Build 40 on the github. If it runs for you all I will merge with the Master Branch.