[CONTINUED] blckeagls' AI Mission Version 7.06 Build 239

Ghostrider-GRG

3 hours ago, thomashirt said:
I use a script where the time is faster in the game (time.sqf) but through your mission script is no longer correct in the older version has caused no problem

1 hour ago, Drokz said:

Why dont you just use the implemented function to accelerate times?

I looked at the code on the github just now and as far as I can see it should work. Ver 6.58 is coming later this week and I have confirmed that it is called and working as intended in that version.

50 minutes ago, Hux said:

Is there a way to disable crypto awarded for every AI kill?

It keeps messing with players crypto and sometimes they lose the crypto they had on them.

Thank you.

I will include an option to disable this for the next version. In the meantime, if you are comfortable modifying code, comment outline 39 in ...\custom_server\compiles\units\GMS_fnc_rewardKiller.sqf as shown below.

// [_killer,_reward + _killstreakReward] call blck_fnc_giveTakeCrypto;

11 minutes ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

I will include an option to disable this for the next version. In the meantime, if you are comfortable modifying code, comment outline 39 in ...\custom_server\compiles\units\GMS_fnc_rewardKiller.sqf as shown below.

// [_killer,_reward + _killstreakReward] call blck_fnc_giveTakeCrypto;

I'll give that a try.

Thank you very much.

On 8/11/2015 at 6:49 AM, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

I found a typo in the code for spawning AI. I will test a fix over the next 1-2 days.

I will look into the problem with weapons after that.

I checked the timers for cleanup of live AI and composition objects and that all looks OK. I will do testing on a test server tonight.

I will be uploading the dev branch Build 6.58 build 44. Feedback is appreciated.

3/20/17 Version 6.58 Build 44 (For Epoch ONLY at this point).
[Fixed] Time acceleration was not working.
[Fixed] blck_timeAcceleration now determines if time acceleration is activated.
[Fixed] The mission described by default2 in the blue missions folder now spawns correctly.
    You can use this as a guide for how to place loot crates or static weapons at specific locations like inside or on top of structures.
    Loot vehicles are now spawned correctly.
    Loot crates positioned at specific locations are now spawned correctly.
    static weapons to be spawned at specified positions are now spawned correctly.
    That mission is disabled by default.
[Added] option to disable time acceleration (blck_timeAcceleration = true; line 30 of blck_config.sqf)
[Added] options to have armed heli's patrolling the missions and for them to drop AI.
[Added] options to have paratroops drop over missions as an alternative to the above.
[Added] Code optimization for GMS_fnc_spawnMissionAI.sqf and several other AI spawning scripts.
Added] Formalizing exception handling for the case in which a createGroup request returns grpNull.
    If this happens during mission spawning the mission will be aborted and all mission objects and AI will be deleted.
    This should prevent the mission system from crashing causing no further missions to spawn.
[Added] a new configuration that sets a cap on the maximum number of spawned missions.
    blck_maxSpawnedMissions = 4; // Line 181 of blck_configs.sqf
[Added] a function blck_fnc_allPlayers which returns an array of allPlayers (as a temporizing fix till BIS patches the allPlayers function.

[Changed] Coding improvements for waypoint generation.
    Tried a new approach to generating waypoints to make AI more aggressive without the overhead of the last method.

[Changed] Redid the mission spawner to spawn one random mission every 1 min for mission for which timers say they can be spoawned.
    This will continue until the cap is reached then randomly select a mission from those that are ready to be respawned to be spawned next.
    If you want the various missions to have an equal chance of being spawned at all times, give the the timers for blue, red, green and red timers the same values for Min and Max.
[Chaged] logic for detecting whether a player is near the mission center or loot crates to test if a player is near any of an array of location or objects.     

To Do - consider moving back to storing AI in a group-based manner (doable easily, needs testing).
        Build a template for static missions (planned for Ver 6.60).
        Write a static mission spawning routine (planned for Ver 6.60).

On 3/19/2017 at 4:21 PM, thomashirt said:
I use a script where the time is faster in the game (time.sqf) but through your mission script is no longer correct in the older version has caused no problem

This is working in Branch 6.58 Build 44. You will see entries in the log each time time script is run. There is also a new setting that allows one to disable the time acceleration (see the changelog).

1 minute ago, Drokz said:

Btw, whats spawn static loot crates for? Does it work on Chernarus?

it works on any map butyou have to pre-define the positions of the loot crates. It is an adaptation of Darthrogues script, to which I contributed at one point. The advantage of mine is that you can spawn your addon buildings, let them 'settle' then spawn the crates in the third story or whatever.

Oh and theres an issue with the mines if you enable them at missions. AI Vehicles will run in them and disable themself

Edit: Just read your comment. Could you make an Option to spawn them at specific Missions?

Edited by Drokz
im a noob

1.)

8:34:57 "_fnc_Time::  -- > _sunrise = 4.35529 | _sunset = 19.6447 | _time = 14.2301"
 8:34:57 "DAYTIME ADJUSTMENT:: time accel updated to 1; time of day = 14.2301"
 8:34:58 "_fnc_Time::  -- > _sunrise = 4.35529 | _sunset = 19.6447 | _time = 14.2304"
 8:34:58 "DAYTIME ADJUSTMENT:: time accel updated to 1; time of day = 14.2304"
 8:34:59 "_fnc_Time::  -- > _sunrise = 4.35529 | _sunset = 19.6447 | _time = 14.2307"
 8:34:59 "DAYTIME ADJUSTMENT:: time accel updated to 1; time of day = 14.2307"

This is spamming my RPT now ^^

2.)

Also i changed AIs to YELLOW but they still move way to far from missions.

Had some roaming 500m far from center. They should be 150m max and maybe 300 for vehicles on yellow.

3.)

No Static HMGs/GMGs spawning in

4.)

allKilledOrPlayerNear doesnt work when all units killed, if getting close its finished

Hi. In missions a3_vemf_reloaded by IT07, players use a bug - they just reconnected to the server when the mission is activated. After that, the helicopter does not react to anything, and the bots are motionless. The mission is easily accomplished and the helicopter is captured. Can such an error appear in your mission? Is it possible to defend against such behavior of players? In this case, I would gladly refuse to use A3_vemf_reloaded IT07.

4 hours ago, Drokz said:

Oh and theres an issue with the mines if you enable them at missions. AI Vehicles will run in them and disable themself

Edit: Just read your comment. Could you make an Option to spawn them at specific Missions?

Yes, that is easy to do. I will work on it this evening.

3 hours ago, Drokz said:

1.)

8:34:57 "_fnc_Time::  -- > _sunrise = 4.35529 | _sunset = 19.6447 | _time = 14.2301"
 8:34:57 "DAYTIME ADJUSTMENT:: time accel updated to 1; time of day = 14.2301"
 8:34:58 "_fnc_Time::  -- > _sunrise = 4.35529 | _sunset = 19.6447 | _time = 14.2304"
 8:34:58 "DAYTIME ADJUSTMENT:: time accel updated to 1; time of day = 14.2304"
 8:34:59 "_fnc_Time::  -- > _sunrise = 4.35529 | _sunset = 19.6447 | _time = 14.2307"
 8:34:59 "DAYTIME ADJUSTMENT:: time accel updated to 1; time of day = 14.2307"

This is spamming my RPT now ^^

That is on purpose. Just disable the time acceleration for now if that bothers you. It will be gone with the next build.

2.)

Also i changed AIs to YELLOW but they still move way to far from missions.

Had some roaming 500m far from center. They should be 150m max and maybe 300 for vehicles on yellow.

OK - interesting. are they chasing you or do they just wander off ?

3.)

No Static HMGs/GMGs spawning in

On all missions ?

4.)

allKilledOrPlayerNear doesnt work when all units killed, if getting close its finished

Will check.

Thanks !

2 hours ago, zxbutchxz said:

Hi. In missions a3_vemf_reloaded by IT07, players use a bug - they just reconnected to the server when the mission is activated. After that, the helicopter does not react to anything, and the bots are motionless. The mission is easily accomplished and the helicopter is captured. Can such an error appear in your mission? Is it possible to defend against such behavior of players? In this case, I would gladly refuse to use A3_vemf_reloaded IT07.

I don't know - from what i have seen in the past this is not an issue with blckeagls. Has anyone tested this with prior versions?

25 minutes ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

I don't know - from what i have seen in the past this is not an issue with blckeagls. Has anyone tested this with prior versions?

YES, this is not a problem with blckeagles. You plan to: [Added] options to have armed heli's patrolling the missions and for them to drop AI and my question is related to this. Currently I'm using the 39 build and it works fine.

9 minutes ago, zxbutchxz said:

YES, this is not a problem with blckeagles. You plan to: [Added] options to have armed heli's patrolling the missions and for them to drop AI and my question is related to this. Currently I'm using the 39 build and it works fine.

Stick with what you are using for now. Build 44 is still in the debugging stage.

I had the chopper on me and then they been chasing me i think. Would be okay for the Vehicles but sometimes it takes very long to find the last AIs once they moved away from center.

Static Hmgs and Gmgs didnt spawn on any of my missions.

Respawns seemed to be fine

Tested 44 build.
1. Missions run without problems.
2. There are no static MGs
3. The helicopter is not at all dangerous, but it can fire if the player accidentally hits the sight. Quickly finds a player and circles over him. When a player changes position, the helicopter no longer pursues him.
4. Vehicle very quickly finds a player, even at long distances (900 meters). The most dangerous part of the mission.
5. Near bots are very dangerous, but at large distances (900 meters) they lose interest in the player. Some bots can try to get around the player from the flanks. Bots clearly do not have 3 or 4 very good snipers. Changing the position of the player can confuse the bots and they will continue to move to where the player is no longer.

45 minutes ago, zxbutchxz said:

Tested 44 build.
1. Missions run without problems.
2. There are no static MGs
3. The helicopter is not at all dangerous, but it can fire if the player accidentally hits the sight. Quickly finds a player and circles over him. When a player changes position, the helicopter no longer pursues him.
4. Vehicle very quickly finds a player, even at long distances (900 meters). The most dangerous part of the mission.
5. Near bots are very dangerous, but at large distances (900 meters) they lose interest in the player. Some bots can try to get around the player from the flanks. Bots clearly do not have 3 or 4 very good snipers. Changing the position of the player can confuse the bots and they will continue to move to where the player is no longer.

Thank you for the feedback. Updated the dev branch to build-45 which has some bug fixes. I am interested in how the AI behavior has changed as well.