[CONTINUED] blckeagls' AI Mission Version 7.06 Build 239

Ghostrider-GRG

6 hours ago, viper179 said:

hey also i see this in my rpt which is cool means missions will spawn but what i dont see is the call for the heli crashes or the under water mission timers being populated like these any word on this.    

http://prntscr.com/cyc82t <>  also why does the ai that spawn in for the cars at the missions blow up or do you have any idea on it and great work.

mmmmm  ... underwater stuff is on hold for now. I am not planning to release helicrashes just yet.

4 hours ago, zxbutchxz said:

If you set blck_killEmptyAIVehicles = true ;, the bots can't get in the car and it explodes.

I have nto tested that setting and things may have changed in the Armaverse in a way that unravelled that feature. What should happen is that the vehicle should blow up about 15 sec after the AI hop out. They will exit once the gunner is down, or sometimes just because they are under attack. I will take a look but maybe not till the weekend.

Ok ghost what i am noticing when the cars blow up the cars and helis spawn in and i have tested 5 times to make sure its the same each time, they dont spawn in the car and stay there they all spawn on the ground first then they proceed to get in and boom cars go bye bye so it looks like the code is working to get rid of the cars aka once no ai r in them and a player interacts with them, but i think if the ai spawned inside the vehicles right off the bat this would stop the cars from exploding since the variable seems to take over when no ai r present in the cars on spawn in.

2 hours ago, viper179 said:

Ok ghost what i am noticing when the cars blow up the cars and helis spawn in and i have tested 5 times to make sure its the same each time, they dont spawn in the car and stay there they all spawn on the ground first then they proceed to get in and boom cars go bye bye so it looks like the code is working to get rid of the cars aka once no ai r in them and a player interacts with them, but i think if the ai spawned inside the vehicles right off the bat this would stop the cars from exploding since the variable seems to take over when no ai r present in the cars on spawn in.

I'll take a look.

I am not aware of a way to spawn AI in a vehicle except in the editor. One uses a movein command of some sort. However, I can put a delay in there to be sure the AI are in before the self-destruct mechanism goes off.

14 hours ago, viper179 said:

11 hours ago, zxbutchxz said:

AI spawn in the car, but immediately jump out of it, and then try to sit down again.

That one I fixed.  The AI at the static weapons will need a bit more thought

https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagles-revisited-RC

EDIT

This issue prompted me to do an entire re-write of the routines that monitor the vehicles and emplaced weapons. I have most of it done and now have to do a bit of testing. There will be an update sometime during the next day or so. The rewrite gets rid of the spawned loop I used for every mission vehicle and replaces it with a cleaner approach. This should help a little with performance.

Also i have created a -client for the headless clients as per your instructions on the hcs.sqf and have this as the start up param  D:\a3server3\arma3server3.exe -client -nosound -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -profiles=D:\a3server3\Tools3\Epoch_Pro\Users\HC -name=HC -mod=@Epoch;            But it connects with the name headlessclient instead of hc or hc1 any idieas

17 minutes ago, viper179 said:

Also i have created a -client for the headless clients as per your instructions on the hcs.sqf and have this as the start up param  D:\a3server3\arma3server3.exe -client -nosound -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -profiles=D:\a3server3\Tools3\Epoch_Pro\Users\HC -name=HC -mod=@Epoch;            But it connects with the name headlessclient instead of hc or hc1 any idieas

well, I believe that the name given to the HC is defined in yoru mission.cfg. have you tinkered with that? since the switch to the Eden format for mission.sqm I have not really given much effort to HC. I would be interested to know if the waypoints and other stuff is preserved these days in arma if you do get it working.

10 hours ago, viper179 said:

Did you do this using the editor or by hand?

I would have to see your mission.sqm. I put HC aside for now. I may go back at sometime to A3EAI to see what is broken but it might be a while. if you test this with blckeagls let me know whether the AI kills still message players properly. I think the approach taken by VEMF is kind of neat and that seems to be another simple alternative. He distributes AI to clients (players) randomly or on an is closest basis.

4 hours ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

for those to wish to try it below is a link to the current effort at fixes. I will probably be updating this over the next few days.

https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagles-revisited-RC/tree/Version-6.4-Experimental

Excellent. Now patrols and static weapons work. Empty car does not explode, but simply disappears. Only that something is wrong with the timer missions - they start all at once and without delay.

And thank you very much for the reports of killings bots.

There is one more remark. If in file blckClient.sqf simultaneously set blck_useHint = true and blck_useTitleText = true, then the Hint appear after being turn off TitleText.

5 hours ago, zxbutchxz said:

Excellent. Now patrols and static weapons work. Empty car does not explode, but simply disappears. Only that something is wrong with the timer missions - they start all at once and without delay.

And thank you very much for the reports of killings bots.

There is one more remark. If in file blckClient.sqf simultaneously set blck_useHint = true and blck_useTitleText = true, then the Hint appear after being turn off TitleText.

Here is another update with the debug setting off (custom_server\Compiles\blck_variables.sqf  blck_debugON = false;

I included a fix for the issue you reported above.

https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagles-revisited-RC/tree/Version-6.4

9 hours ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

Here is another update with the debug setting off (custom_server\Compiles\blck_variables.sqf  blck_debugON = false;

I included a fix for the issue you reported above.

https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagles-revisited-RC/tree/Version-6.4

Excellent. This is really cool! Now, everything works like clockwork!

But i have not tested the mission on the timeout.

And quite a slight remark. Upon completion of the mission marker "Mission Cleared" appears in 60-70 meters from the box with the loot. But that is immaterial.

3 hours ago, zxbutchxz said:

Excellent. This is really cool! Now, everything works like clockwork!

But i have not tested the mission on the timeout.

And quite a slight remark. Upon completion of the mission marker "Mission Cleared" appears in 60-70 meters from the box with the loot. But that is immaterial.

I am glad to hear things are working properly for you. As to the mission-completed markers um, its Arma?  Things do not spawn exactly where you place them ?

5 hours ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

I am glad to hear things are working properly for you. As to the mission-completed markers um, its Arma?  Things do not spawn exactly where you place them ?

I checked out several missions. That's right - the position of the loot on the map does not coincide with his marker on 60-70 meters.

But it is absolutely not critical, since the player sees the smoke alarm and knows where to run. On the contrary! This can be somewhat confusing freebies lovers. :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

Yes, you can use it on any map. I am pretty sure the map parameters for Cherno are included but if things spawn all over the place let me know.

tnx for replay but on github.com in mpmissionn folder not cherno can i use altis folder?

39 minutes ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

You can put the debug folder in the epoch.altis folder into epochchernaurus and merge the init folder I provided with whatever you have.

ok i try  it cheers

and one more on github custom_server is folder its right? i think its should custom_server.pbo no?