[CONTINUED] blckeagls' AI Mission Version 7.06 Build 239

Ghostrider-GRG

Hello. can i just ask if this mission system works out of the box for Epoch.Tanoa or do i have to alter something as i cant seem to get missions to spawn at all, ive followed the install steps ok, would appreciate some advice, cheers :)

p.s. apologies if im been a massive thickoid

...if it helps, this is what i have done from following installation instructions...put the folder "debug" inside my epoch.Tanoa mission pbo, added execVM "debug\blckClient.sqf"; to the init inside my mission pbo, added the folderand contents of @GMS to the root of my server....added @GMS to my "additional server mods" after @EpochHive; like this @EpochHive;@GMS;

not sure what im doing wrong but im predicting its something stupidly obvious lol

On 5/1/2020 at 4:19 PM, CorporalClegg said:

Hello. can i just ask if this mission system works out of the box for Epoch.Tanoa or do i have to alter something as i cant seem to get missions to spawn at all, ive followed the install steps ok, would appreciate some advice, cheers :)

p.s. apologies if im been a massive thickoid

...if it helps, this is what i have done from following installation instructions...put the folder "debug" inside my epoch.Tanoa mission pbo, added execVM "debug\blckClient.sqf"; to the init inside my mission pbo, added the folderand contents of @GMS to the root of my server....added @GMS to my "additional server mods" after @EpochHive; like this @EpochHive;@GMS;

not sure what im doing wrong but im predicting its something stupidly obvious lol

Have you looked in your server.RPT to be sure the mission system is being loaded? I will double-check but as far as i know it works on Epoch out of the box though there are always little issues I miss to be addressed.

On 4/25/2020 at 10:03 AM, RiDDiX said:

Hi,

as already I said, even without infistar the vehicles just despawn directly after someone tries to get into them or they despawn when you sit in for 1 seconds.

You are correct, I verified this bug. I am looking at a fix now.

EDIT: I identified the bug, and am thinking about how best to solve it. The fix will be in Experimental Branch 202 over the weekend.

14 hours ago, Ghostrider-GRG said:

Have you looked in your server.RPT to be sure the mission system is being loaded? I will double-check but as far as i know it works on Epoch out of the box though there are always little issues I miss to be addressed.

Hi Ghostrider

Thanks for getting back to me, i couldnt see any sign of the missions loading in the server rpt, searched for blck but nothing there, just @GMS mentioned but no evidence of loading, maybe its a Tanoa thing? dunno, cheers for looking though

9 hours ago, CorporalClegg said:

Hi Ghostrider

Thanks for getting back to me, i couldnt see any sign of the missions loading in the server rpt, searched for blck but nothing there, just @GMS mentioned but no evidence of loading, maybe its a Tanoa thing? dunno, cheers for looking though

I'll check. would you mind sending me a copy of your server.rpt ?

Im running into abit of a problem with the missions, all seems to work fine but the missions spawn instantly when a player joins (All of the missions) and when a mission is completed it'll respawn right after again.

Also im running into an issue with missionLootVehicles

_missionLootVehicles = [
	["O_MRAP_02_EPOCH",[-3,3,0],_crateLoot,[5,10,5,10,10,3]]
	];

The loot vehicle doesnt spawn, i used to do this with the original blckeagls and worked fine back then.

I just tried with a completely fresh install of this plugin without modifying anything but add a loot vehicle to one of the missions its the same 2 issues

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 5:54 AM, Ghostrider-GRG said:

Try build 230 on the experimental branch. Everything works smoothly on our Altis and Namalsk servers.

Can confirm that Missions spawn properly now thanks! 

I have not yet tried the missionLootVehicles Will be back with more info on that once i've tested it!

Appreciate the work! :)

Soo still cant seem to get the missionLootVehicles working, is there something im missing here lol

I would guess its either the Mission system iteself or my specific mission made off of the Template

Everything but the missionLootVehicles work fine, buildings spawn, the missionLootBoxes spawn fine, and the AI aswell

/*
	Mission Template by Ghostrider [GRG]
	Mission Compositions by Bill prepared for ghostridergaming
	Copyright 2016
	Last modified 3/20/17

--------------------------
	License
	--------------------------
	All the code and information provided here is provided under an Attribution Non-Commercial ShareAlike 4.0 Commons License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
*/

#include "\q\addons\custom_server\Configs\blck_defines.hpp";
#include "\q\addons\custom_server\Missions\privateVars.sqf";

//diag_log "[blckeagls] Spawning Blue Mission with template = default";

_crateLoot = blck_BoxLoot_Blue;  		
_lootCounts = blck_lootCountsBlue;
_startMsg = "An Ifrit were spotted! Check the Blue marker on your map for the location!";
_endMsg = "The Ifrit is under survivor control!";
_markerLabel = "";
_markerType = ["ELLIPSE",[175,175],"GRID"];
_markerColor = "ColorBlue";
_markerMissionName = "Ifrit";
_missionLandscapeMode = "precise"; // acceptable values are "none","random","precise"
_missionLandscape = [
	["Flag_AltisColonial_F",[0,0,0],0,[true,false]],
    ["Land_i_House_Small_02_V1_F",[-7,-20,0],134.388,true,true],
    ["Land_i_House_Small_01_V1_F",[-20,5,0],0,true,true],
    ["Land_i_House_Small_01_V1_F",[20,-10,0],0,true,true],
    ["Land_i_House_Small_02_V1_F",[4,19,0],217.763,true,true]
	]; // list of objects to spawn as landscape
_missionLootBoxes = [
	["Box_NATO_Wps_F",[3,4,0],_crateLoot,[5,10,5,10,10,3]]  //  Parameters are "Box Item Code", array defining the loot to be spawned, and position.
	];
_missionGroups = [
	//_x params["_position","_minAI","_maxAI","_skillLevel","_minPatrolRadius","_maxPatrolRadius"];
	[[-19.5156,25.2598,-0.00143886],5,7,"Blue",10,20],
	[[-27.7676,-24.5508,-0.00143886],5,7,"Blue",10,20]
	];
_missionLootVehicles = [
	["O_MRAP_02_EPOCH",[-3,-4,0],_crateLoot,[5,10,5,10,10,3]]
	];
_minNoAI = blck_MinAI_Blue;  // Setting this in the mission file overrides the defaults such as blck_MinAI_Blue
_maxNoAI = blck_MaxAI_Blue;  // Setting this in the mission file overrides the defaults 
_noAIGroups = blck_AIGrps_Blue;  // Setting this in the mission file overrides the defaults 
_noVehiclePatrols = blck_SpawnVeh_Blue;  // Setting this in the mission file overrides the defaults 
_noEmplacedWeapons = blck_SpawnEmplaced_Blue;  // Setting this in the mission file overrides the defaults 
//  Change _useMines to true/false below to enable mission-specific settings.

/*
_useMines = blck_useMines;  // Setting this in the mission file overrides the defaults 
_uniforms = blck_SkinList;  // Setting this in the mission file overrides the defaults 
_headgear = blck_headgear;  // Setting this in the mission file overrides the defaults 
_vests = blck_vests;
_backpacks = blck_backpacks;
_weaponList = ["blue"] call blck_fnc_selectAILoadout;
_sideArms = blck_Pistols;
_chanceHeliPatrol = blck_chanceHeliPatrolBlue;  // Setting this in the mission file overrides the defaults 
_noChoppers = blck_noPatrolHelisBlue;
_missionHelis = blck_patrolHelisBlue;

_chancePara = blck_chanceParaBlue; // Setting this in the mission file overrides the defaults 
_noPara = blck_noParaBlue;  // Setting this in the mission file overrides the defaults 
_paraTriggerDistance = 400; // Distance from mission at which a player triggers these reinforcements and any supplemental loot. 						// To have paras spawn at the time the mission spawns with/without accompanying loot set this to 0.
_paraSkill = "red";  // Choose any skill you like; bump up skill or add AI to justify more valuable loot.
_chanceLoot = 0.0; 
_paraLoot = blck_BoxLoot_Blue;
_paraLootCounts = blck_lootCountsRed;  // Throw in something more exotic than found at a normal blue mission.

_spawnCratesTiming = blck_spawnCratesTiming; // Choices: "atMissionSpawnGround","atMissionEndGround","atMissionEndAir". 
						 // Crates spawned in the air will be spawned at mission center or the position(s) defined in the mission file and dropped under a parachute.
						 //  This sets the default value but can be overridden by defining  _spawnCrateTiming in the file defining a particular mission.
_loadCratesTiming = blck_loadCratesTiming; // valid choices are "atMissionCompletion" and "atMissionSpawn"; 
						// Pertains only to crates spawned at mission spawn.
						// This sets the default but can be overridden for specific missions by defining _loadCratesTiming

// Examples:
						// To spawn crates at mission start loaded with gear set blck_spawnCratesTiming = "atMissionSpawnGround" && blck_loadCratesTiming = "atMissionSpawn"
						// To spawn crates at mission start but load gear only after the mission is completed set blck_spawnCratesTiming = "atMissionSpawnGround" && blck_loadCratesTiming = "atMissionCompletion"
						// To spawn crates on the ground at mission completion set blck_spawnCratesTiming = "atMissionEndGround" // Note that a loaded crate will be spawned.
						// To spawn crates in the air and drop them by chutes set blck_spawnCratesTiming = "atMissionEndAir" // Note that a loaded crate will be spawned.
_endCondition = blck_missionEndCondition;  // Options are "allUnitsKilled", "playerNear", "allKilledOrPlayerNear"
									// Setting this in the mission file overrides the defaults 
////_timeOut = -1;
*/
#include "\q\addons\custom_server\Compiles\Missions\GMS_fnc_missionSpawner.sqf"; 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello @Ghostrider-GRG,

I have some issues setting this mod up correctly on my Lythium map:
unknown.png

Somehow, all missions spawn near each other, even though I set the distance settings in blck_configs.sqf like this:

//Minimum distance between missions
	blck_MinDistanceFromMission = 5000;
	blck_minDistanceToBases = 500;
	blck_minDistanceToPlayer = 1000;
	blck_minDistanceFromTowns = 2500;
	blck_minDistanceFromDMS = 5000;  // minimum distance for a blackeagls mission from any nearby DMS missions. set to -1 to disable this check.	

I also added debug code to test these variables after blck_init_server.sqf was done, which gave me the exact same result...
Am I forgetting something or is this a bug (for Lythium)?