Adding Mod Vehicles/Clothing to Server. How Would I Do That?

toxicreign020

Question

So, first thing is first.... I know alot of you are gonna see this post and idea (despite how unoriginal it is) and walk off with it without answering my question, however, consider answering, any help i can get would be appreciated.

Anyway, on to the idea. I saw this mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26188(A2 Civilian Vehicle Redistribution Pack) which is basically like All In ArmA, but with just the vehicles and clothings of A2 Civs, and i figured "there's gotta be a way to run this mod on the server and have it spawn in A2 vehicles, clothing, and AI (for our overpoch players). So it's got me on a quest to find out if and how it could be done.

So i posted here. Any ideas?

I haven't the foggiest as to where to even begin when it comes down to spawning things in any other way than the admin tool.

Comment below if you've got some ideas we could try out, and as always, be friendly. No one likes a douche or a troll.

22 answers to this question

Well First of all.

STEP1. The addon needs to Run Client Side and Server Side.

STEP2. Find out Item Ids and Vehicle IDS.

STEP3. Edit your Cfg Pricing.hpp to add items to Admin Tool and also make em Tradeable.

STEP4. Edit your loots.h data in your epochserverconfig.pbo add all items you want to the spawnlist.

Have a look at this.

Its not the Same mod but the system of how he added the stuff is the same.

for any questions you can write me a PM.

or reply to this topic.

Step 5: add all vehicle class names to the epochconfig.ini (thinks that's its name off the top of my head)

Yep almost ;-) @epochive/epochconfig.hpp

Line  34:

allowedVehiclesList[] = {
{"your_vehicleclassname_here",2}, //the Number is the max amount of this Vehicle on the Map
{"another_vehicle",2},
{"one_more",2} //Remember no "," for the last Vehicle
};

Before going through all that work someone may want to point out that the clothing will not work regardless as it will not be the right faction. The vehicles however are fully usable as long as they don't require CBA or anything wierd. The AI you wouldn't be able to use I don't think, unless you just took the AI skins from that mod and reskinned ArmA 3 AI which can be done.

It looks like everyone else has gotten you started on the vehicles already.

yeah, if you go on armaholic, i saw some tacky looking mods that added lambos, bugattis, jeeps, and other fun stuff to the game. figured if i could run those mods and have their vehicles spawn in with loot and work like a regular a3 vehicle, it would add a tacky little amount of fun to the server, however, i havent gone through and checked to see if all of them have server keys. The a2 vehicles, i'd mostly just want the helis, because the a3 helis suck with the oversaturation of the DLC.

This uniform issue is getting ridiculous already. I found you can add

U_O_CombatUniform_oucamo //Fatigues (Urban) [CSAT]

U_O_OfficerUniform_ocamo //Officer Fatigues (Hex)

..and they work normally. Tried using those uniform unlock mods and they dont work. You would have to re-config the faction of a uniform set to work in Epoch I think.

That is possible lol. Can you take them off and put them back on or put them in your backpack? When I bought them from the trader they would equip that first time but that was it. I remember some other problem too but it was a few weeks ago and I just shrugged it off as not working and removed it all. Also are you using stock A3 uniforms or a uniform pack?

Well if you look on the video. I'll take the wetsuit and the guille suit "the stock ones". All of them and take them off and put them on. I can put them on and off, restart the server and they will still be there. And all I have done is , put the mod on the server and have it on the client. And thats it. And the only thing I have notice is that you put weapons in your vests with it. So it works. You can download it in A3Launcher.

TRYK's Uniform Pack works well.

For some reason TRYK's uniform clothing is restricted in Epoch... Instead of RHS:Escalation uniforms, that easily can be putted on. Can anyone tell how to make TRYK work? And its about uniforms only! All vests and headsets are working fine.

Go with this instead. There are not that many camo cloths. But if you use uniforms unlock mod and this, you will have the clothing covered.

PG Services mod looks great .. but with not being available on A3 Launcher .. really limits the people who will sign on and have the mod.. like the admin only lol .. yea you can put on the website showing what you get and have them DL .. but now if we could get Axels and the rest of the crew at Epoch to Include a mod like this in to epoch .. then would have something .. but of course the mod devs have to be willing and able to work together to do this .. or if Arma ( BIS ) would include more uniforms etc the west .. this would also be a alternative way.

Unless someone that knows Maca134 and the rest of A3 Launcher folks to add more of these to the Launcher ! ??  :)

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel