[Modded]R3F Logistics-xtra Epoch compatibility

DirtySanchez

Hey guys,

A few people had asked about this and if I would release it so they could use it.

This is the latest version of R3F Logistics.

There have been 2 edits to the main files so far.

First one was thanks to Darth Rouge and Halv for their work on the Vehicle Lock Checks for lifting and towing. :)

Second is my edit, a plot pole check before allowing the MOVE OBJECTS action.

What this allows is for epoch buildables to be Moved and placed without worrying about PhysX to start!

Then this also will allow you to use the Creation Factory and then also move those parts around from within the range of your friendly plot pole.

UPDATE: since people cant read it was pushed and pushed about how to use R3F's script without asking the creator first.....

To use creation factory, spawn in an _object however you want to, don't ask anymore on this its not part of my released Modifications

use this line after the _object = CreateVehicle line
[_object] execVM "R3F_LOG\USER_FUNCT\init_creation_factory.sqf";
[NOTE] My work is only for the plot pole check, it is up to you to go through and setup the objects that can be moved in the config.sqf. Not everyone will like my setup so its up to you.

Keep the questions to the mods I have done to r3f already and I will continue my work on it.

all that I discuss in regards to r3f will be made public, anything else pertaining to the uses of r3f that are not my creation should be directed at the r3f release thread at bis forums or the main r3f website.

I hope to work on soon:

Remove credits system and replace with crypto

UPDATE:

Rearranged git to reflect mission folder like the rest of my gits

Added epoch.Altis as main folder

Added R3F_LOG folder

Moved the contents to the R3F_LOG folder

Added init.sqf and description.ext contents needed for install

Many thanks for the share, Im a bit of a noob, but i do try, Does it all have to be in a PBO and placed in EpochHive/Addons, and then add the contents of desc_include into MPmissions, decription? I dont see a config.sqf so I assume you haven't uploaded it yet.

Apologies and thanks in advance.

Simon

Thanks for this great share DirtySanchez.

I want to get back to Epoch and started a new project and also test this out but i think

the config.sqf of R3FLogistics is missing, i get an error on joining my test server:

"Include file \A3_R3F\config,sqf not found."

EDIT: I tryed to add the config,sqf from the original R3FLogistics system but now my game is crashing without any message.

Simon unless the script was changed here is what you want to do. Go to your Mission MP folder. Download the PBO that matches the map you use. This is where you add this script in. Just move the R3F folder into this pbo. Now add your Init line and Description lines as instructed. Again this is going on install method from months ago.

I hope this helps. I will say this there are scripts out there that this conflicts with so to solve this move the [] execVM "R3F_LOG\init.sqf"; around your Init to fix this. For me I put it at the top as it was conflicting with an Action Menu script I was running.

Yeah sorry guys I was whipped last niget.

Default config coming right up.

the config is the only file missing from the r3f script.

This is the script version not a server addon.

I will look into making my git reflect a proper mission file so that you can just load up altis with it.

Salutesh, after adding in the default config, let's revisit what's going on with your crash if you still get that result.

I am merely providing the modifications to the script itself.

there is an entire documentation pdf from r3f concerning the usage.

See here for their manw entry

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/4DWDt4DY7i

See here is their documentation in pdf form

Http://team-r3f.org/madbull/logistics/EN_DOCUMENTATION.pdf

Epoch build ables are the cinder and wood products for base building along with some others like stairs and foundations.

Physx is a neat little name for real physics in arma 3. It does its best....

So this disables the physics for the epoch buildables?

No this does not disable PhysX.

First you need to add all the items you want to be able to move in the config.sqf

Then when in server epoch build a wood floor, then once its finished on the counter, look at it and scroll wheel to MOVE "WOOD FLOOR" and then you can raise it up and release it. Get on it and start snapping other floors to it....

EDIT: Okay, so when I installed this to my server I got the error R3F_LOG\addons_config\A3_Vanilla.sqf not found.  And when I looked into the files there is no addons_config folder so why is it calling for it?

Not sure, what I have in my mission folder is exactly what I uploaded to GIT, other than the default config.sqf

Double checking my files for that now.

Well I do not have that in my r3f folder either and I don't receive that error and neither do any of the players....:Puzzled:

Ok I just went through my last 8 client rpt's and that error is not there.

I just readded copied and replaced, the entire r3f folder for git.

No changes were made...

Ok well I'll take a second look at how I installed it after I get some sleep.

EDIT: Im still getting the error even after I tried reinstalling the files.  I have even gone as far as checking each file to find which one is calling for the addons folder.  What im going to try and do is just copy over the folder from the default R3F and ill get back to this when I have results.

EDIT: That seemed to have fixed the problem...I hope that doesn't conflict with anything but I will do further testing in-game.

Hello;

First I want to say thank you for submitting your Modifications to this great Mod.

I had just installed the Vanilla R3F and came to the forums to check some scripts out and this was the newest post... I was pleasantly surprised,

I do have a question regarding LOCKED Epoch Vehicles. Is there anybody who can help or advise on how a Locked Vehicle check could be accomplished so that people cannot unload contents from a Non Friendly locked vehicle?

I am not a coder, I can install mods, read error logs, generally troubleshoot problems but creating my own scripts or modify exisiting scripts beyond the simple Value changes in not my forte.

Agian Thank You for the compatibility release.

<ML>

Thanks for this great share DirtySanchez.

I want to get back to Epoch and started a new project and also test this out but i think

the config.sqf of R3FLogistics is missing, i get an error on joining my test server:

"Include file \A3_R3F\config,sqf not found."

EDIT: I tryed to add the config,sqf from the original R3FLogistics system but now my game is crashing without any message.

Hey I know you got this problem solved by reloading the Base Mod Files, but I just think I found the original source of your probelems ... Inside of the Config.sqf there is line 224-228

/****** LIST OF ADDONS CONFIG TO INCLUDE / LISTE DES CONFIG D'ADDONS A INCLURE ******/

#include "addons_config\A3_vanilla.sqf"

#include "addons_config\All_in_Arma.sqf"

#include "addons_config\R3F_addons.sqf"

//#include "addons_config\YOUR_ADDITIONAL_ADDON.sqf"

You must have somehow missed a comma or some syntax error that caused it to actually try and find A3_Vanilla which is just an example reference in the config file. 

Hello;

First I want to say thank you for submitting your Modifications to this great Mod.

I had just installed the Vanilla R3F and came to the forums to check some scripts out and this was the newest post... I was pleasantly surprised,

I do have a question regarding LOCKED Epoch Vehicles. Is there anybody who can help or advise on how a Locked Vehicle check could be accomplished so that people cannot unload contents from a Non Friendly locked vehicle?

I am not a coder, I can install mods, read error logs, generally troubleshoot problems but creating my own scripts or modify exisiting scripts beyond the simple Value changes in not my forte.

Agian Thank You for the compatibility release.

<ML>

Vehicle contents and locked checks....good call

I will check it out and make the necessary changes when I find it

Ok now that im done with all the editing for now how would I initialize the creation factory. I already have the parameters but I have no clue where to put it at and how to make a certain entity the creation factory.  This is what I have so far:

nul = [The Factory]

[] execVM "R3F_LOG\USER_FUNCT\init_creation_factory.sqf";

Hi, I finally have time to start configuring this, and I have a couple of questions if anyone would mind helping.

1. The folder  A3_R3F_LOG_Epoch-master, do I need to rename it R3F_LOG?

1a. If not then in description do I add      #include "A3_R3F_LOG_Epoch-master\desc_include.h"

1b. And the same with init, does it need to be   execVM "A3_R3F_LOG_Epoch-master\init.sqf";

2. R3F_LOG_CFG_can_tow = R3F_LOG_CFG_can_tow +
[
    // e.g. : "MyTowingVehicleClassName1", "MyTowingVehicleClassName2"
];

To add in the vehicles that i want to tow, should I remove // e.g. : from infront of the first ".

Apologies for the noobie questions, my players have been wanting this for a while and this is my first attempt at giving it to them. I think it is going to take a little while to get configured :)

Regards and Respect as always,

Simon

Hi, I finally have time to start configuring this, and I have a couple of questions if anyone would mind helping.

1. The folder  A3_R3F_LOG_Epoch-master, do I need to rename it R3F_LOG?

1a. If not then in description do I add      #include "A3_R3F_LOG_Epoch-master\desc_include.h"

1b. And the same with init, does it need to be   execVM "A3_R3F_LOG_Epoch-master\init.sqf";

2. R3F_LOG_CFG_can_tow = R3F_LOG_CFG_can_tow +

[

// e.g. : "MyTowingVehicleClassName1", "MyTowingVehicleClassName2"

];

To add in the vehicles that i want to tow, should I remove // e.g. : from infront of the first ".

Apologies for the noobie questions, my players have been wanting this for a while and this is my first attempt at giving it to them. I think it is going to take a little while to get configured :)

Regards and Respect as always,

Simon

I will make a folder change to correct it and will resolve your issues.

You don't need to remove the example, just add in under it

"Classname1","classname2","classname3"

Remember no comma after the last vehicle classname