How to add fuel sources/gas stations/cinder block farming on Esseker?

Psythrandir

Hi!

We are running Esseker 0.72 since a week and all is running fine. But there are 2 problems:

1. Autorefuel isnt working. The only gas what you can get is looting for jerrycans. Or refuel empty jerrycans by siphoning from other vehicles. But its not possible to fill them at the gas station or at fuel tanks.

I tried to set some new Altis gas stations on the map by using the "esseker.h" file in our "a3_Epoch_Server_config.pbo", but that didn't worked. 

Are there any other ways to get in neu fuel recources on Esseker?

2. There are no cinderblock pallettes from which you can farming cinderblocks by hitting it with a sledgehammer/maul.

We've got the same issue on Chernarus. Setting new pallettes in the "Chernarus.h" / "Esseker.h" file doesn't work. I set water sources this way an it worked. Don't understood why the cinderblocks aren't working. 

Where is the file located where I can define what class/object are giving water, cinderblocks, and so on?

Anybody knows?

I know you can still loot cinderblocks from buildings, but thats not the same as it is possible like on Altis.

I think until the Dev's decide to officially and fully support Esseker it's not going to get that love. From what I can tell right now, the only functionality they have implemented into the map (and I actually think Richie may have done this work for us which we are all eternally grateful for) is putting in the loot nodes, but it may have been someone on the team.

You may want to consider offsetting that by adding cinder and jerry can's onto the default vendor loadout so everytime they respawn they have more materials to buy. If you set their timeout period to really low, then they will restock often I think.

Refueling works, even with RHS vehicles. This is the gas station in Kula. 

http://puu.sh/jdv7X/f4368d3f7b.png

If that doesn't work, you can always increase the range of the refueling scan in the server files. @epochhive\addons\a3_epoch_server\compile\epoch_vehicle\EPOCH_server_fillVehicle.sqf

if(_plyr distance _ab > 20)exitWith{};

This line is looking for how far the player is from a refueling point, if they are more than 20 meters, it ends the script. So change that 20 to something bigger. I have mine set to 50 and it seems to work just fine, and it will even refuel the big helicopters on the roof of the gas stations. :D

That definitely doesn't work for me, it's the wrong kind of pumps. If I aim at the pump I get a "refuel" option in the action menu, however when I try to use it I still don't get any fuel and it shouldn't be a range issue as I am parked against the pump.

Esseker has been officially supported before this conversation started.....

I think until the Dev's decide to officially and fully support Esseker it's not going to get that love. From what I can tell right now, the only functionality they have implemented into the map (and I actually think Richie may have done this work for us which we are all eternally grateful for) is putting in the loot nodes, but it may have been someone on the team.

You may want to consider offsetting that by adding cinder and jerry can's onto the default vendor loadout so everytime they respawn they have more materials to buy. If you set their timeout period to really low, then they will restock often I think.

Refueling works, even with RHS vehicles. This is the gas station in Kula. 

http://puu.sh/jdv7X/f4368d3f7b.png

If that doesn't work, you can always increase the range of the refueling scan in the server files. @epochhive\addons\a3_epoch_server\compile\epoch_vehicle\EPOCH_server_fillVehicle.sqf

if(_plyr distance _ab > 20)exitWith{};

This line is looking for how far the player is from a refueling point, if they are more than 20 meters, it ends the script. So change that 20 to something bigger. I have mine set to 50 and it seems to work just fine, and it will even refuel the big helicopters on the roof of the gas stations. :D

Aah THX! We will try that. :)

If anyone has another ideas I would love to hear them as the posted fix above doesn't work. The fuel pumps aren't being recognized properly is how it seems to me. I have tried everything to get near / against / ontop of them.. no fuel.

If anyone has another ideas I would love to hear them as the posted fix above doesn't work. The fuel pumps aren't being recognized properly is how it seems to me. I have tried everything to get near / against / ontop of them.. no fuel.

I didn't try it out but selling and rebuying at Traders could work. But that would be an expensive refuel service. ^^

[edit]

Another thing is, I tried to add a crafting recipe for jerrycans, but somehow it isnt working. I tried 2 Whiskeynoodle, 1 Pumpkin, and 1 salvagemetal for it. But when I trie to craft them ingame it says something like wrong item count... I'm loosing the whiskey and pumpkin but not the salvagemetal and I get NO jerrycan. I've checked the entry in the cfgCrafting.hpp again and again but couldn't find any errors. May its not possible to add such recipe!? I've added a lot more recipes on our sever which are all working fine. But these one won't work.  :(

I didn't try it out but selling and rebuying at Traders could work. But that would be an expensive refuel service. ^^

[edit]

Another thing is, I tried to add a crafting recipe for jerrycans, but somehow it isnt working. I tried 2 Whiskeynoodle, 1 Pumpkin, and 1 salvagemetal for it. But when I trie to craft them ingame it says something like wrong item count... I'm loosing the whiskey and pumpkin but not the salvagemetal and I get NO jerrycan. I've checked the entry in the sqf again and again but couldn't find any errors. May its not possible to add such recipe!? I've added a lot more recipes on our sever which are all working fine. But these one won't work.  :(

Actually want to do something similar where you siphon off the big rusty fuel tanks at farms and gas stations with an empty jerry can...

We tried out to refuel Hellcat and Ebike at the Kular gasstation and it worked. 

Actually want to do something similar where you siphon off the big rusty fuel tanks at farms and gas stations with an empty jerry can...

That would be nice and more realistic for a survival game like the autorefuel! :)

We tried out to refuel Hellcat and Ebike at the Kular gasstation and it worked. 

That would be nice and more realistic for a survival game like the autorefuel! :)

From what i can tell You can setup something like that in the epoch CfgCrafting if you get a Lil crafty with the already in place examples

Find the p3d of the rusty fuel tank to add to the crafting recipe array

create a recipe that requires you to be near that p3d with a jerry can in your inventory

From what i can tell You can setup something like that in the epoch CfgCrafting if you get a Lil crafty with the already in place examples

Find the p3d of the rusty fuel tank to add to the crafting recipe array

create a recipe that requires you to be near that p3d with a jerry can in your inventory

that is exactly what I have been wanting to do, if you don't mind giving me some pointers and me doing as much of the legwork as I can I will gladly put the results up here for everyone to use. What I don't know is how to add the rusty cistern as an object to use in "nearby". Otherwise it would be just like being near a fire and crafting, however I don't' know where to define it like "campfire" is defined as "fire".

If you look I actually asked about exactly this thing in Suppe's crafting thread that is pinned up.