1.48 update kills my fps after 5 mins

XMortX

Question

Hey guys, i just want to know if this is a problem im having on my server or if its a global thing.....

im running -

A3 1.48

epoch 0.3.0.4

mas weapons

mas vehicles 

on bornholm with infistar antihack

after about 3-5 mins of joining the game from my home pc, the textures and shadows start spazzing out and my fps drops from 80+ to 5-11fps

is this something to do with the new update that i cant fix or is it local and i can fix it?

cheers guys and sorry for the seemingly stupid question

p.s this is my own server btw, just in case i confused that lol

XMortX

14 answers to this question

[12:20:00] David Foltyn: well we just did some testing and clients w/o that update had weird stutter ... no logical explanation

so your saying the update isnt causing it or do you mean the problem is server side?

Global problem But also script overloaded servers make it worser. Search for 1.48 client fps drop here

ah ok thankyou for letting me know, least im not going to spend hours looking through code searching for a bug that i cant fix lol

It's arma, see Here

Pointless voting though, it's been acknowledged

ah ok thats cool hopefully there will be a hotfix.....very soon

Cant be because players see it when Antagonists spawn in mainly sappers. The 1st sapper is the worse and for the love of god they need to fix it.

can confirm its definately not just the antagonists, my server has them currently off while im testing the ai missions im adding, mine seems to happen either completely randomly after a few mins or when i look at the infistar menu (still not every time though) and even if i look at the map....... my guess would be that its whenever you render something large.... ie the map, but im a n00b so im only guessing :)

From my experience now this will not help at all. Sure every thing the server has to spawn or has to do "to all players" will cause fps drops but i removed all antagonists, tried several memory allocator, removed addons, etc.

Nothing left to try so i really think we have to wait for an update. How is your server fps? I have constant 47 fps with 15 players. 30 let them drop down to round about 20-25 and fully populated with 55 players there are current 14-22 fps.

With 1.46 and 0.3.0.4 (same addons) they where much better.

From my experience now this will not help at all. Sure every thing the server has to spawn or has to do "to all players" will cause fps drops but i removed all antagonists, tried several memory allocator, removed addons, etc.

Nothing left to try so i really think we have to wait for an update. How is your server fps? I have constant 47 fps with 15 players. 30 let them drop down to round about 20-25 and fully populated with 55 players there are current 14-22 fps.

With 1.46 and 0.3.0.4 (same addons) they where much better.

im not using a server monitor yet as my server is locked so i cant actually tell you the server fps, but id imagine its quite high, from what i gather from other posts iv read, this only affects the client not the server, i wish i had that amount of players lol

1.46 worked flawlessly with all the mods, i didnt see any lag client side.... ever tbh not even when we had an admin fight with a few A-10, tanks and gun emplacements, and shit was blowing up all over the place.... no lag at all lol

i noticed you have no drones, hate those things they are awful, first thing we did was turn those off!