• 4 months later...
On 7/14/2016 at 8:41 PM, ComatoseBadger said:

No issues yet. There were a ton of helis 

I assume you were on my test server. I spawned the helis in to test the DB and effects of changes on the hive that may influence startup time.

Speaking of that, I need someone to build a new hive DLL from this repo https://github.com/icomrade/DayZhiveEpoch I only have VS 2015 so I'm not able to build it. The changes offer a faster alternative to the UID fix currently written in SQF.

Edit: Never mind I ended up getting it to build in VS2015

I've been playing this (on my own server) and have experienced no issues with it what so ever.

It's an astonishing piece of work, merging these versions of DayZ mod and Epoch, the configuration files are a work of art.

Is is possible to have the hard work, survival, crafting aspect of DayZ 1.8.7 dominate over the (milk & honey, times of plenty) DayZ Epoch experience?

Anyone who has played 1.8.7 will know what I mean. I don't want to walk into a supermarket and find 17 cans of drink (Epoch) but I do want a .01 change of finding a water bottle.

Don't get me wrong, I want everything Epoch brings to the table but I want it against a back drop of a hardcore zombie survival story.

Hello :wink:

Just downloaded the latest build a few hours ago to give it a go but...

I'm coming across the following errors when launching the client -

Picture z\addons\dayz_code\gui\loadingscreen.paa  

and  autojoin.sqf is missing   when attempting to join the test server

then I can join the lobby - manually start the load in when I get

z\addons\dayz_code\gui\description.hpp  -not found then the game closes

On the game screen it says Epoch106, so the correct mod files must be loading on the client side. I use batch files to launch the game which seem to be correctly setup

and I have also tried manual selection of the mod via the game menu.

Is this likely to be a problem on my end or not? 

I can see the files are indeed in the correct folder paths and named correctly inside the dayz_code.pbo.

I have tested earlier versions of these test files so I'm confident that I have followed the install protocols correctly.

p.s. - I really hope its not me being dumb. :blink:

2 minutes ago, scet27 said:

Hello :wink:

Just downloaded the latest build a few hours ago to give it a go but...

I'm coming across the following errors when launching the client -

Picture z\addons\dayz_code\gui\loadingscreen.paa  

and  autojoin.sqf is missing   when attempting to join the test server

then I can join the lobby - manually start the load in when I get

z\addons\dayz_code\gui\description.hpp  -not found then the game closes

On the game screen it says Epoch106, so the correct mod files must be loading on the client side. I use batch files to launch the game which seem to be correctly setup

and I have also tried manual selection of the mod via the game menu.

Is this likely to be a problem on my end or not? 

I can see the files are indeed in the correct folder paths and named correctly inside the dayz_code.pbo.

I have tested earlier versions of these test files so I'm confident that I have followed the install protocols correctly.

p.s. - I really hope its not me being dumb. :blink:

I'm going to rebuild the test build shortly so hang tight. although I would make sure you are running the mod by looking at the bottom right corner of the main menu screen, right after startup, it should say epoch 1.0.6.

4 hours ago, scet27 said:

thanks icomrade,

it does say DayZ Epoch 1.0.6 bottom right of screen.

Ok will wait patiently. :happy:

and thanks again.

Alright, I repacked it and updated the build.

I felt the code was stable enough for a release candidate and nobody else objected so this build is RC1. leave any issues here: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/issues/1712

Downloaded  client files and installed as described on yhr github page,but crash to desktop with the following error:

ErrorMessage: Include file z\addons\dayz_code\Configs\RscDisplay\ZSCdefines.hpp not found.

I'm dumb,used the wrong files,working fine now,any objections to me setting up a test server?

Edited by cyberdemonv2

On 7/28/2016 at 1:50 PM, cyberdemonv2 said:

Downloaded  client files and installed as described on yhr github page,but crash to desktop with the following error:

ErrorMessage: Include file z\addons\dayz_code\Configs\RscDisplay\ZSCdefines.hpp not found.

I'm dumb,used the wrong files,working fine now,any objections to me setting up a test server?

No objections, the more testing the merrier, just report issues here or on this github issue:  https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/issues/1712

I've got an A2 Epoch test server I installed yesterday so I thought I'd fool around with this. I ran the upgrade SQL for 1.6.0 and I'm getting this error:

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE player_data ADD playerGroup varchar(2048) NOT NULL DEFAULT '[]'
MySQL said: Documentation

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'playerGroup'

2 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I've got an A2 Epoch test server I installed yesterday so I thought I'd fool around with this. I ran the upgrade SQL for 1.6.0 and I'm getting this error:

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE player_data ADD playerGroup varchar(2048) NOT NULL DEFAULT '[]'
MySQL said: Documentation

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'playerGroup'

that just means the column already exists in your database. If you're running the a new DB imported on the SQL on the github you don't have to run the upgrade sql file.

Hi i was wondering what the deal was with this....

Is git hub out dated or am I donwlaoding from the wrong place?

Causing server to crash.  I see things have been moved to dayz_server rather than dayz_code.....

Spoiler

23:29:03 Strange convex component131 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
23:29:03 Strange convex component132 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
23:29:03 Strange convex component133 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
23:29:03 Strange convex component134 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
23:29:37 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnTraders.sqf not found
23:29:38 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
ErrorMessage: Include file z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\server_traders\chernarus11.sqf not found.

Cheers mate.. appreaciate your hard work... was going to do a 1.0.5.2 server but then i seen you boys working on 1.0.6 and thought screw that I'll have a play and be part of it.

So can you advise on the files I need to update to get it all working or should i just go through the setup process again from scratch?

EDIT : Dont worry worked it out my self