Hello, I haven't had a chance to look through the code so I thought it would be easier to ask directly. Is this update a focused effort to fix bugs and progress with development or is this just piling popular mods into the base code. 

Previous discussions often spoke of building in mods that were incomplete or wreaked havoc with my database. 

Sorry if I come off as inflammatory, that is not my intent.

24 minutes ago, Mr White said:

Hello, I haven't had a chance to look through the code so I thought it would be easier to ask directly. Is this update a focused effort to fix bugs and progress with development or is this just piling popular mods into the base code. 

Previous discussions often spoke of building in mods that were incomplete or wreaked havoc with my database. 

Sorry if I come off as inflammatory, that is not my intent.

Our goal was to fix issues that were present in 1.0.5.1 first, those brought to our attention are probably fixed (it's generally easiest to find issues with github issues as opposed to scouring the forum). Second was to update to 1.8.8 DayZ Vanilla addons/code, then add popular community additions, integrate them into the mod, fix and improve them. For instance Advanced trading in 1.0.6 adds vehicle buying and selling among multiple other additions and fixes. The new hive extension has support for single currency systems (which is not currently compatible with 1.0.5.1 coin addons, so those will need to be updated with minimal modifications since we are not including single currency as part of the update) and permanent groups; it's important to note that if you are using a custom hive you will need to replace it with the 1.0.6 .dll.

10 hours ago, RedLink said:

When the final test build will be posted in github?

The last build is  August 24th 2016

I can't tell you, but as far as I am aware there's only a handful of issues left to complete.

Wow guys i must say, this has been a long awaited update. Definitely looking forward to it. I was looking through the config file and im amazed at how much you guys put into the default epoch.  Awesome job is all i can say.

One thing i was under the impression that global banking was part of the default package.  I was not able to find anything in the files, or in the SQL that would allow the global banking. I could be wrong too.

But im just curious if it has been implemented? 

BTW cant wait to try it out!! lol

22 hours ago, theduke said:

Wow guys i must say, this has been a long awaited update. Definitely looking forward to it. I was looking through the config file and im amazed at how much you guys put into the default epoch.  Awesome job is all i can say.

One thing i was under the impression that global banking was part of the default package.  I was not able to find anything in the files, or in the SQL that would allow the global banking. I could be wrong too.

But im just curious if it has been implemented? 

BTW cant wait to try it out!! lol

No, I only added banking support to the official Epoch hive since I doubt anyone will update the closed-source third party hives used for single currency.

So i decide to try the test server.  I might of done something wrong because i also have overwatch included, but when i get into a vehicle, i cant check the gear. Is this normal?

EDIT: well i obviously did something wrong as i cannot right click and scope in lol, and also my scroll menu is botched up lol  Ill just wait for the full release before i try installing stuff lol

I have to tank you guys for such effort making this possible, I'm playing this game for a long time.
I joined your test server to see how things work and i have to say it looks nice, however I found some issues which i will type here, and i will spend more time playing on test server and try to discover more soo lets start:
1. Most important thing you can abort and dupe old way very easily
2. 0 for autorun doesnt work and it makes me freez in one place
3. for some reason i could survive falls from pretty big heights
4. selfbood baging didnt work (or i dont know how to do it here)
There are some other things which i would like to see in this update, maybe if possible try to change max speed limit for cars and make it bigger, like 150km/h TOP for some vehicles, and on offroad maybe 70/80 km/h for suvs, humves and other trucks
Thank you!

4 hours ago, A Man said:

Perhaps you did not update to the last DayZ 1.8.8 Files? The files were updated 7 days ago.

@icomrade  Im still banned on the test server. If you had time, can you remove me please.

There is no ban list on the test server, I just never updated it with RC2 :( Should be good now though

2 hours ago, Manijak said:

I have to tank you guys for such effort making this possible, I'm playing this game for a long time.
I joined your test server to see how things work and i have to say it looks nice, however I found some issues which i will type here, and i will spend more time playing on test server and try to discover more soo lets start:
1. Most important thing you can abort and dupe old way very easily
2. 0 for autorun doesnt work and it makes me freez in one place
3. for some reason i could survive falls from pretty big heights
4. selfbood baging didnt work (or i dont know how to do it here)
There are some other things which i would like to see in this update, maybe if possible try to change max speed limit for cars and make it bigger, like 150km/h TOP for some vehicles, and on offroad maybe 70/80 km/h for suvs, humves and other trucks
Thank you!

I hadn't updated the test server, but the first issue should be fixed (if it's not please explain the method), the second one I don't experience. The third issue is most likely a result of the new damage handler from DayZ 1.8.8 and is probably a side effect of blocking damage from things like doorways, rocks, and other things that generally used to break your legs if you looked at them wrong. The last issue is by design, since self bloodbag is not enabled by default and the test server is using default settings, but it does still work.

As for vehicles we probably won't touch their speed settings since the next core patch is already handling the vehicle speed issues.

1 hour ago, Joshyy said:

IComRade

I heard that you told someone that 1.0.6 will be releases in a few days?

Is this correct :) ?

I can't give you a definitive date as we still have some stuff on the to do list. You can look in this github issue for stuff left to do https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/issues/1766

*** I have just updated the test build with the latest changes, so give it a download and install the new DayZ 1.8.8 files build yesterday http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.8/180/%40Client-1.8.8-ce98e0b-FullDevelopment.rar and retest. :)

3 hours ago, icomrade said:

I hadn't updated the test server, but the first issue should be fixed (if it's not please explain the method), the second one I don't experience. The third issue is most likely a result of the new damage handler from DayZ 1.8.8 and is probably a side effect of blocking damage from things like doorways, rocks, and other things that generally used to break your legs if you looked at them wrong. The last issue is by design, since self bloodbag is not enabled by default and the test server is using default settings, but it does still work.

As for vehicles we probably won't touch their speed settings since the next core patch is already handling the vehicle speed issues.

Actually its pretty simple, when i press escape button i get standard abort menu without 10 sec wait to abort, so all i need to do is plug out cable put backpack with stuff in it inside gear, then press escape and press abort, then plug back in and connect again from lobby, and i have one in gear and one on myself.
I already got like lot of money and started jerking around on your test server.
I will join back on tomorow and test some more things, maybe even test some glitching metods since i know a lot of bugs in this game
I m really glad for that speed limit patch it sounds nice

2 minutes ago, Manijak said:

Actually its pretty simple, when i press escape button i get standard abort menu without 10 sec wait to abort, so all i need to do is plug out cable put backpack with stuff in it inside gear, then press escape and press abort, then plug back in and connect again from lobby, and i have one in gear and one on myself.
I already got like lot of money and started jerking around on your test server.
I will join back on tomorow and test some more things, maybe even test some glitching metods since i know a lot of bugs in this game
I m really glad for that speed limit patch it sounds nice

Yup that should be handled here, I repacked the test build with it (in addition to a 10 second timeout the ESC menu now also closes your gear menu automatically): https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/commit/514ac6765026ec1299590747f35dadd9b6d56803

2 hours ago, icomrade said:

Yup that should be handled here, I repacked the test build with it (in addition to a 10 second timeout the ESC menu now also closes your gear menu automatically): https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/commit/514ac6765026ec1299590747f35dadd9b6d56803

on the ball!! Awesome!! 

Hi icomrade will most of the common dupes be fixed?

Here are a few that i know about:

• Player press g and esc at the same time and it opens both menus, they wait untill the timer hits 0 and then pull the ethernet cable and drop items on the ground and then log back in and your stuff has duplicated.
  • 2 Players give exactly the same amount of coins to eachother at the same time
  • 2 Players take money stored in a vehicle out at the same time
  • A player can lower his FPS and change clothes and drop items and it will duplicate
  • A player can press shift - and type endmission and will be kicked to the lobby, they can use this to dupe. There is a fix posted for this on the forum but a player can still open the map and do it.

There is many more duping methods but i just cant think of them atm D:

Is there a way of detecting a players connection to the server without using a publicvariable to the server?
Because if there was you could have a sort of clientside player_disconnect and you could not allow people into the game lobby if they do not have an adequate connection?

Edit:

If a player does not enter the lobby and gets kicked off the game completely the duplication will not work. :)

14 hours ago, Joshyy said:

Hi icomrade will most of the common dupes be fixed?

Here are a few that i know about:

• Player press g and esc at the same time and it opens both menus, they wait untill the timer hits 0 and then pull the ethernet cable and drop items on the ground and then log back in and your stuff has duplicated.
  • 2 Players give exactly the same amount of coins to eachother at the same time
  • 2 Players take money stored in a vehicle out at the same time
  • A player can lower his FPS and change clothes and drop items and it will duplicate
  • A player can press shift - and type endmission and will be kicked to the lobby, they can use this to dupe. There is a fix posted for this on the forum but a player can still open the map and do it.

There is many more duping methods but i just cant think of them atm D:

Is there a way of detecting a players connection to the server without using a publicvariable to the server?
Because if there was you could have a sort of clientside player_disconnect and you could not allow people into the game lobby if they do not have an adequate connection?

Edit:

If a player does not enter the lobby and gets kicked off the game completely the duplication will not work. :)

1. Yes (see explanation in my last post)

2 + 3. coins are not part of Epoch nor do I support the coins script, so I'd go with no.

4. FPS is not such a big issue now since we use uiSleep which is no longer dependent on fps since it's calculated with real time and not simulation time in the engine. So it's probably fixed, I haven't been able to do it.

5. Yes, shift + - is removed

58 minutes ago, icomrade said:

1. Yes (see explanation in my last post)

2 + 3. coins are not part of Epoch nor do I support the coins script, so I'd go with no.

4. FPS is not such a big issue now since we use uiSleep which is no longer dependent on fps since it's calculated with real time and not simulation time in the engine. So it's probably fixed, I haven't been able to do it.

5. Yes, shift + - is removed

Awesome thanks for that.

I thought that the singlecurrency addon was going to be a default part of epoch 1.0.6? I do see the server_playersync includes money saving as well as in the mysql setup there is playermoney and bankmoney?

Thanks.

Just now, Joshyy said:

Awesome thanks for that.

I thought that the singlecurrency addon was going to be a default part of epoch 1.0.6? I do see the server_playersync includes money saving as well as in the mysql setup there is playermoney and bankmoney?

Thanks.

No, since I'm fairly confident that nobody would update the third party HiveEXT dlls I added coin support to the official epoch hive (not the mod). I did so differently than the third party hive so the single currency script will require an update at release. Unfortunately there's a fair amount of changes to the 1.0.6 hive so the old 1.0.5.1 hives are not compatible. The modified hive calls in the server pbo are sort of a head start for those that wish to update the coin script.

Okey so duping is fixed however i found new (old) way that is still working, or change clothes dupe, i was first trying to dupe a gun without backpack and it worked, and then with bacpack so while i was duping gun i duped clothes aswell so it was probably possible to dupe items aswell. I couldnt find out because i was geting really wierd glitch while i was changing clothes i was spawning in debug are (not so wierd its standard on epoch right now) but problem is there is bunch of jets in debug and i was getting killed 50% times when i change clothes, but when i die i spawn right next to my body. This thing was totaly wierd until it made me unconscious without timer so i couldnt get up

1 hour ago, Manijak said:

Okey so duping is fixed however i found new (old) way that is still working, or change clothes dupe, i was first trying to dupe a gun without backpack and it worked, and then with bacpack so while i was duping gun i duped clothes aswell so it was probably possible to dupe items aswell. I couldnt find out because i was geting really wierd glitch while i was changing clothes i was spawning in debug are (not so wierd its standard on epoch right now) but problem is there is bunch of jets in debug and i was getting killed 50% times when i change clothes, but when i die i spawn right next to my body. This thing was totaly wierd until it made me unconscious without timer so i couldnt get up

The jets are my fault, sometimes when I spawn them in they go to the debug for whatever reason, but this doesn't happen with vehicles spawned in regularly (not with admin tools). The issue where you can't get up has been fixed. 

If you walk me through the dupe you mentioned I could probably sort it out.

15 minutes ago, icomrade said:

If you walk me through the dupe you mentioned I could probably sort it out.

Okey so its gonna be hard to explain maybe but i will give my best.
First you need some kind of program that is going to lower your fps Riva tuner statistic server is one i m using but i think it works with bandi cam aswell.
then you adjust your fps to 3, then you need clothes and you need weapon in your inventory.
when you press change clothes after few moments gear menu will pop out and you need to press quickly on the gun and then arrow to the left ( droping it on the ground), and when changing clothes is finished you should have one on yourself and one on the ground it worked for me.
Its pretty much same thing with items its just playing with gear menu while you are in procces of changing clothes, i did not discover how exeaclty i m doing it but it is possible. So just keep pressing those arrows and it will work.

1 hour ago, Manijak said:

Okey so its gonna be hard to explain maybe but i will give my best.
First you need some kind of program that is going to lower your fps Riva tuner statistic server is one i m using but i think it works with bandi cam aswell.
then you adjust your fps to 3, then you need clothes and you need weapon in your inventory.
when you press change clothes after few moments gear menu will pop out and you need to press quickly on the gun and then arrow to the left ( droping it on the ground), and when changing clothes is finished you should have one on yourself and one on the ground it worked for me.
Its pretty much same thing with items its just playing with gear menu while you are in procces of changing clothes, i did not discover how exeaclty i m doing it but it is possible. So just keep pressing those arrows and it will work.

Alright, as usual the disableUserInput command was not working as intended, it should be fixed with this commit: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/commit/869f98efd79bfd3bd981894f994d161c9a4ed4b5

I was unable to dupe anything after the changes

11 hours ago, icomrade said:

Alright, as usual the disableUserInput command was not working as intended, it should be fixed with this commit: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/commit/869f98efd79bfd3bd981894f994d161c9a4ed4b5

I was unable to dupe anything after the changes

sweet when new test build comes out i will join again and try to find some other problems.
There is one more thing that i want to know, since that new sniper rifle is not on traders is it only possible to find it ? If so can you add it to traders i wanna check it out xD
And one more thing that would be nice to fix, you know how pooks or bell choppers have buggy bulletproof glass which makes them too over powered since you cant die inside of them. can you fix that maybe remove glass compleatly?

3 hours ago, Manijak said:

sweet when new test build comes out i will join again and try to find some other problems.
There is one more thing that i want to know, since that new sniper rifle is not on traders is it only possible to find it ? If so can you add it to traders i wanna check it out xD
And one more thing that would be nice to fix, you know how pooks or bell choppers have buggy bulletproof glass which makes them too over powered since you cant die inside of them. can you fix that maybe remove glass compleatly?

Unfortunately I don't see anything wrong with the config definitions for the pook glass (the armor value is 0.5 as opposed to 2 for most helis) which means that the problem is probably part of the pook model itself, which I neither have the skills or permission to modify.

I think we're going to leave the 20mm rifle up to server owners to implement so I don't think it'll get added to either just yet, but you can check it out in the editor (I think Ctrl+ Y in the main menu)

15 hours ago, Joshyy said:

Hello icomrade* are you able to fix the issue where players can open the gear of locked vehicles?

Here is a video of a guy doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsT-AzwNF58&t=0s

Are you also able to fix so players cannot glitch through walls as that guy has done in that video?

Some of this is already fixed, someone already reported it so i've been working on it. However, I can't say there's a good was to prevent people from glitching through walls other than forcing them to walk near a wall (the command that does this doesn't work properly so the workaround is quite awkward) but this would be a terrible solution and would also need to apply to vehicles.  I suggest you require video for base takeovers.

Edit: Fixed here: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/commit/e49d786e2a8fd1db73f359e66d1af844ff941f0b