I agree.  Then the concern will be whether the scripts/mods we use will be updated to work with 1.0.6.  With so many people going to Arma3, I have a feeling many scripts will end up being orphaned at the 1.0.5.1 level.  Hopefully most will still work with 1.0.6 with little to no modifications required.  I have yet to put up a test server with the latest 1.0.6 build.  I was waiting to see if there was going to be another update to any of the code before doing so.  Anyone running the current built yet?

• 4 weeks later...

Is interesting, DAYZ EPOCH arma 2 is alive because there's various server in expansion with various mods conjugated types overwatch, origins, namalsk, and various maps also. Here in the Brazilian servers we see nothing looks like the servers americans with this alteration, due to this I'm hosting my server in hosts in USA, and my friends migrated for my. 

b_560_95_1.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry for my english.
But the information I heard there I like.

I would like to show you something. Suddenly someone is interested. Maud DayZed. It has added to the original interiors of buildings (beyond DayZero). Unfortunately, the events seem to die. But I found a working link with the content that the developers have created a fashion http://board.germandayz.de/downloads/dayzed/dayzed-0298/264

Pictures: https://yadi.sk/d/pYW7LSzpjTZCU

Edited by linkinpunk
add screenshotes

Zupa,

Can we have an on-going, online file, that explains some of the Epoch variables like: (adding to it as people ask)

PVDZE_veh_Update

We get modders than add in their own code that don't take in account that servers will be running multiple mods that maybe pushing the same publicVariable(s). Overwriting each other and in essence breaking the previous guy's call. Raymix covered this in one of his videos.  Probably because no one has a real clear understanding of what things do what. I walked into this community knowing zero.  I followed about five guys and their code / videos that are actually helpful in posting why they did what they did if someone inquires.  I learned more from one hour of watching a video covered by Raymix than I did reading 100 hours of forums posts.  Things like this will only help the community as a whole.  I know people want "custom" servers that aren't like everyone else but .. at this point how does that help A2/Epoch? it really doesn't.

Lastly keep: loot spawns, or whatever options available to the server owners.  Not everyone wants: god like bases or extremely non-existent loot spawning.  The more options that are available to the community - the longer  A2/Epoch will be around.

my two cents :) 

• 1 month later...

[FIXED] Backpack wipes when changing clothes. #1361 @icomrade

This was not the only problem around that, there is also a bug (appears msotly wehn wearing a backpack while changing clothes) that ur chracter ID could not be received when changing clothes, so you'll loose ur humanity for the server period and ur character can not be synched.

I'll have a watch to find a log of my server, where some errors with that are postet.

here its waht i mean:

14:56:57 Bad conversion: array
14:56:57 Error in expression <ear"] call server_updateObject;
} count nearestObjects [_pos, dayz_updateObjects>
14:56:57   Error position: <nearestObjects [_pos, dayz_updateObjects>
14:56:57   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
14:56:57 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSync.sqf, line 209
14:56:59 "ERROR: Cannot Sync Character Night niger as no characterID"

Edited by Basti890

This was not the only problem around that, there is also a bug (appears msotly wehn wearing a backpack while changing clothes) that ur chracter ID could not be received when changing clothes, so you'll loose ur humanity for the server period and ur character can not be synched.

I'll have a watch to find a log of my server, where some errors with that are postet.

Will have a quick look at the code there this evening when i get back from work.

Might be it tries to save the payerobject while in transfer. We should probably check if the variables are properly checked before calling the function.

Will have a quick look at the code there this evening when i get back from work.

Might be it tries to save the payerobject while in transfer. We should probably check if the variables are properly checked before calling the function.

Yeah thats what I guess too, what seems to minimize the bug is, when u drop your backpack into any storage (vehicle or shed or whatever) and change skin withou any backpack on (like it was forbidden to change skins while wearing a backpack in older Epoch-versions). but a state like "changing_skin = true" while chaning cloths and after the Humanity and other player-values have been transfered "changing_skin = false" and as well only synchplayer if "!changing_skin" I think this might be the best way to solve this.

There is also a bug with the loot timer, which ahs already a fix in github. On my server I fixed it for my self, but it should deffently be part of the next version ;).

There is also a bug with the loot timer, which ahs already a fix in github. On my server I fixed it for my self, but it should deffently be part of the next version ;).

Would be nice if you could point me to the fix in github ^^. Or do you mean it's already merged into master?

Would be nice if you could point me to the fix in github ^^. Or do you mean it's already merged into master?

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/issues/1470

with that link I fixed, that loot was only spawning once per server period here my post to that in the forum of nitrado.de there is also a file attached with the fix in it.

I uploaded here as you need to be logged in at nitrado to download it.

If I remeber right, there was around April this year a pull request to this, I'm not sure if its already acceptet

Btw would would be also nice is a mod, where epoch-buildings (Buildings from Databasse maybe too) are not exactly saved or read out from database after restart. I mean you build a wall and after retastart the wall is not a the exact place where you build it. [Release v1.0.5] Precise Base Building 

I have it since start of my server and its great especially with Snap-Build.

What also would be nice: An AK-Ammunition box, just like u have it for 7.62 and 5.56-STANAG so that u have this box as AK-Ponuent to the STANAG-Box but with AK- and AKSD-Magazines in it. in fact, that AKSD not even exists in eoch (unless you make an own loot-table and add it, which I have done and I also added every normal weapon like MK-16's, Mk-17's M110-NVG and all kinds of AK'S)

Edited by Basti890

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2015 at 10:37 AM, Zupa said:

The mission files are full of supported maps.

A few of the maps have been deprecated. Many work, they are just really old school or the easy launchers don't support them so no one ever uses them. I ran into security issues with podagorsk and the key, I think they must have fixed a few broken links so it works now (just not to the degree most other maps as far as signing).

I wish I knew what it took to make my own maps, I'd crank out one or two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2015 at 5:40 AM, Basti890 said:

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/issues/1470

with that link I fixed, that loot was only spawning once per server period here my post to that in the forum of nitrado.de there is also a file attached with the fix in it.

I uploaded here as you need to be logged in at nitrado to download it.

If I remeber right, there was around April this year a pull request to this, I'm not sure if its already acceptet

Btw would would be also nice is a mod, where epoch-buildings (Buildings from Databasse maybe too) are not exactly saved or read out from database after restart. I mean you build a wall and after retastart the wall is not a the exact place where you build it. [Release v1.0.5] Precise Base Building 

I have it since start of my server and its great especially with Snap-Build.

What also would be nice: An AK-Ammunition box, just like u have it for 7.62 and 5.56-STANAG so that u have this box as AK-Ponuent to the STANAG-Box but with AK- and AKSD-Magazines in it. in fact, that AKSD not even exists in eoch (unless you make an own loot-table and add it, which I have done and I also added every normal weapon like MK-16's, Mk-17's M110-NVG and all kinds of AK'S)

I agree with you that popular addons should be integrated into the base install of Epoch, not only will it keep mission files small, relieving strain on the server, it will also ensure a consistent and more bug free set of servers. This will need cooperation from the original addon creators though.

On 12/8/2015 at 4:39 PM, Triage said:

What's the status on 1.0.6? Is it really being updated?

I think there's a lot of fixes in it, so it's worth finishing up and releasing. However, there's almost nobody working on it. If some people lent a hand in testing and scripting then it could happen quite quickly. Of course, Awol is needed for a release.

• 2 months later...