Telepos chords

kayzee

Question

20 answers to this question

you need to use offsets from the cloneroom (or whatever you have), you can use this:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/worldToModel

to find the offset, you can stand where you want the teleporter to spawn and use something like this in the debug console:

_building = nearestObject [player, "Debug_static_F"];
_relPos = _building worldToModel (getPosATL player);
player sideChat str["_relPos:",_relPos];
diag_log str["_relPos:",_relPos];
copyToClipboard str["_relPos:",_relPos];

If by chance u are not using the portal box you can revert back to the old world position if u need to. Only recommend it if you have to and if you know what your doing.

Epoch_Server.pbo ---> compile\epoch_server\EPOCH_server_createTeleport.sqf

_aa=_debug modelToWorld(_x select 1);

CHANGE TO:
//_aa=_debug modelToWorld(_x select 1);
_aa=_x select 1;

The new coordinates for all maps are :

N [-0.286865,8.17383,-10.3098]
S [-0.415527,-7.05298,-10.3098]
E [13.5127,0.410156,-10.3098]
W [-14.4316,0.112793,-10.3098]

the code i provided is for finding new offsets reletive to the players position in the cloneroom, in case he wants to move them from the default positions.

If by chance u are not using the portal box you can revert back to the old world position if u need to. Only recommend it if you have to and if you know what your doing.

CHANGE TO:
_aa=_x select 1;

no need for this when i provided code to find new offsets easily ...

This is actually the chords I'm using, a bit confusing how to go about it to get it working with the new chords, really appreciate your help..

{23591,17980,0.000421}

{23588,17990,0.000424}

{23622,17990,0.000423}

{23606,18000,0.000421}

{23605,17968,0.000421}

{23618,17998,0.000423}

{23616,17978,0.000423}

This is actually the chords I'm using, a bit confusing how to go about it to get it working with the new chords, really appreciate your help..

{23591,17980,0.000421}

{23588,17990,0.000424}

{23622,17990,0.000423}

{23606,18000,0.000421}

{23605,17968,0.000421}

{23618,17998,0.000423}

{23616,17978,0.000423}

are you using the default spawn box?

I don't really understand why they moved to modeltoworld. It was fine the way it was. I see it makes it easier to have the portals spawn in those coords within the box.on the debug box. But making them harder to move is a step back. 

Edit: I kinda see why it was done. But in the long run. Should have been left alone. Bigger fish to fry.

The buildings are fine just to holes...{"transport_epoch",{xxxx,xxxxx,x.xxxxx}

i know what it is you want, but i need to know if you are using the default cloneroom or another building and if you are using another building i need to know that classname to help you.

I don't really understand why they moved to modeltoworld. It was fine the way it was. I see it makes it easier to have the portals spawn in those coords within the box.on the debug box. But making them harder to move is a step back. 

Edit: I kinda see why it was done. But in the long run. Should have been left alone. Bigger fish to fry.

this makes it a lot easier for awol to support new maps, instead of having to spend the time finding individual new coords for each map they want to support, they now have offsets that will work for any map without spending irrelevant time ... i dont see how thats a step back, if they can better support more maps, with less work-effort?

nobody says you cant move them and i even provided code example in first answer here on how to easily find these offsets ... i really do not see the problem in this at all.

to find coords, you will have to get them from somewhere aswell ...

Halv I was saying if he needs it to be the old way incase say he doesn't have a spawn box (ie we remove ours) - in that case you won't have any portals as they won't spawn in - As no model to link them to. I even said I didn't recommend it if he didn't have to. Yours works fine. Just giving an alternative if needed.

Halv I was saying if he needs it to be the old way incase say he doesn't have a spawn box (ie we remove ours) - in that case you won't have any portals as they won't spawn in - As no model to link them to. I even said I didn't recommend it if he didn't have to. Yours works fine. Just giving an alternative if needed.

even when you dont have a spawn box, it would still spawn at respawn_west, you would have to remove it to get rid of it and you would still be able to use the offsets if you wait with deleting it util the teleporters are build.

On 20 July 2015 at 11:50 AM, happydayz said:

CHANGE TO:
_aa=_x select 1;

This isn't working anymore, is it?