Altis - vehicles gathering at drimea crossing/land bridge

Sawboss

Hi folks, looking to see if anyone has had the vehicle problem we are noticing on our pve server, basically a whole bunch of spawned vehicles will gather at the drimea crossing/land bridge. Sometimes when you approach the spot there are some floating in the air then they suddenly all explode, but not all the time, usually they just all gather there around 6 or 7 vehicles, some badly damaged. Anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance

I have been dealing with this since version .0.3 I believe. Myself or one of my admins goes there on both servers daily and deletes everything that is piled up there. Have you looked up yet while there? I usually have one or two floaters about 200m up just waiting to fall when something gets close to them or they get shot.

I got it on the fresh server i'm setting up too.

I wonder if adding more spawn points to the altis.h file in @epochhive\addons\a3_epoch_server_settings\configs\maps would help. Was going to try that once i finish up some other scripts i'm tuning

I've seen this bug happen with just about every map, where vehicles collect in one location or float in the air. I've tried destroying the piled-up vehicles, most of which are heavily damaged, but on server restart new vehicles just spawn in the same area.

Not if you repair and move them which is what I did so they don't keep spawning there

That has no bearing, as vehicle slots open on the server others will spawn there just like they do on the rest of the map.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not at a computer to view the files, but I know there are configs for locations since 0.3.x

if you adjust the configs for vehicle locations you can probably alleviate your problem.

My first guess is you have raised the amount of vehicles considerably.

Raising the vehicle amounts should not cause this issue... the map is HUGE... I've noticed that most of the right side and middle gets all the vehicles where the top left is practically empty.

Plenty of unused areas.

EDIT: On the Altis map.

Edited by matrixmark

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed the problem completely. If you are setting to many vehicles to spawn in the vehicle array and EPOCH can't find any open spawn areas to put them it dumps them at that location. Turn down the amount of vehicles you have spawning and the problem will go away completely. If you have about 10 stacked up there at anytime... reduce the total amount in your array by 10, and so on.