Waited so long for 0.3.0.4 and still no innovations for players?

speaR

It took over 2 months to get the new update. And what does it contain for players ? Nothing new. There are some improvements for server owners, but really, really nothing new for players. In my oppinion building is the main part of epoch. So the only thing that epoch contains atm is the building system, a trader system and the loot system. A lot of players would love to see some new building parts (can also be seen here in feedbacks). Why didnt you add at least 1 or 2 new building supplies ? Just like a ladder or a cinder or metal floor so players could see that the developement is still going. Creating a Ladder or a floor isnt really that much work. Epoch is getting borring without improvements of its main parts.

Edit: Just want to see If I'm the only one who sees it like this. Calm down please.

Theres nothing wrong with it, its nice that there are added/given a lot of possibilities to change things, my point is that an update that takes so long to get released should bring some new innovation for players.

I think the it's actually heading in the right direction still. No, maybe there haven't been any more building parts added etc, but that's always been said to be coming in 0.4.

There's no point doing huge updates for minor build releases. Keep them for the majors.

Besides, I'm sure when new building parts are added for 0.4, that the server will need a wipe again which means that people will only complain about needing to wipe anyway.

Also, there isn't any point in releasing updates every month, because all it does it add to the work of the server owners, and means more server downtime when they're updating things.. Also makes it hard for the scripters when little things change and require script updates all the time.

Every few months is fine in my eyes.

Definitely looking forward to 0.4 though! :D

I think the it's actually heading in the right direction still. No, maybe there haven't been any more building parts added etc, but that's always been said to be coming in 0.4.

There's no point doing huge updates for minor build releases. Keep them for the majors.

Besides, I'm sure when new building parts are added for 0.4, that the server will need a wipe again which means that people will only complain about needing to wipe anyway.

Also, there isn't any point in releasing updates every month, because all it does it add to the work of the server owners, and means more server downtime when they're updating things.. Also makes it hard for the scripters when little things change and require script updates all the time.

Every few months is fine in my eyes.

Definitely looking forward to 0.4 though! :D

Might be true, but for what reason ?

Why does it need a wipe? Dont see any reasons, adding new cars doesnt require a wipe so why should building parts do? Same DB.. (Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't need to wipe my a2 epoch server when adding custom building parts so it) If the updates are released without any changed structure of the server files its just copy and paste and 1-2 hours of work, but wouldnt updates which bring more stuff at one times be better then?

But bigger updates would require more time. And the longer between the updates, the more people complain about how long it's been since the last update. What are the devs suppose to do?

I'm not saying that any updates will require a DB wipe, and I dont know if they would or not, but I know it was advised for updating to 0.3 when that came out due to some of the changes they made.

Everyone will always fine something to complain about.

Ive talked to a bunch of players today that are getting very low FPS and crashes since the 1.48 update, I updated client to 3.04 and the server Im playing on has been updated to 1.48 and 3.04, Ive also tried many other servers today including BetterDeadThanZeds server .. same issues all over .. works fine for about 20 mins then its starts getting 11-18 fps body glitches out .. cant see anything but backpack .. soon after client crashes.. I dont think its a epoch isssue.. and its not just me

Ive talked to a bunch of players today that are getting very low FPS and crashes since the 1.48 update, I updated client to 3.04 and the server Im playing on has been updated to 1.48 and 3.04, Ive also tried many other servers today including BetterDeadThanZeds server .. same issues all over .. works fine for about 20 mins then its starts getting 11-18 fps body glitches out .. cant see anything but backpack .. soon after client crashes.. I dont think its a epoch isssue.. and its not just me

Hmm.. I've played on my server, which is running Arma 3 1.48 and Epoch 0.3.0.3 and I haven't seen these graphical issues.