1.48 with 0.3.0.4 is fu**ing up client FPS

flow0815

Interesting. I have a identical script setup on Altis, Cherna and Bornholm. Altis and Cherna running fine (with and without Infistar). On Bornholm I have very low client FPS and the A3 Client crashs. Forcing the simulation handler on, the client FPS are OK. However, It still crashs. Even with simulation handler enables teh FPS go down. I think this is the normal known "Bornholm FPS Problem". Removing Infistar stop the client crashs, however I don't think Infistar is the cause, cause it is running fine on the other 2 servers.

I just wonder why my setup crash's on Bornholm, while running fine on Altis and Cherna. But I don't have time to investigate at the moment.

This bug is so strange, cause it seems to be related to the viewing angle...

This video was taken without Infistar and without epoch AH. Enabled Force Simulation. Client and Server FPS readable in the bottom line.

BR

Rob

Bornholm has been bugged since the 1.42 Arma update.  And since the author is no longer working on it I wouldn't expect any fixes in the near future, if ever.  That's why we moved back to Altis on our server.  

I don't know if this is any help but after changing sim to true I thought things were good again until that is a sapper spawned in with a big screen freeze, (bigger then normal), and after that things reverted back to bad fps and graphic glitches,

Ok ,.thought it to be a client side issue .. I now believe its a script issue with one of the scripts some servers have .. and is incompatible with either 1.84 and or 3.04 epoch or both .. seems like servers running vanilla epoch .. don't have the issue .. the server I play on reg has several scripts .. spawn selector, menu bar and vehicle load .. don't know what others they have .. and a couple different mission systems .. the servers that have nothing but vanilla epoch and simple missions seem unaffected for me any way. Im trying to help them out in researching the issue .. I know a full list of scripts would help .. but .. I suggested he start with vanilla epoch  3.04 and a3 1.84 and add script and test a day for each one till find the culprit.. he already spent 9 hrs today working on the issue .. so I know he didnt want to hear that .. but Ive had to do it several times after updates on a2 .. maybe some one here has found an issue with a script I can pass along to him .. with these new updates

I don't know if this is any help but after changing sim to true I thought things were good again until that is a sapper spawned in with a big screen freeze, (bigger then normal), and after that things reverted back to bad fps and graphic glitches,

Yea I had the that but a mission was failing at the same time so I didnt know which one it was .. fps started dropping then the memory crash window

a3error.jpg

Seems a few of us from our clan has seen an increase in client fps performance with the introduction of 1.48 and 0.3.0.4.

Others are experiencing the opposite as highlighted by this thread it seems.

Looks like server side issues with some servers.

Ok ,.thought it to be a client side issue .. I now believe its a script issue with one of the scripts some servers have .. and is incompatible with either 1.84 and or 3.04 epoch or both .. seems like servers running vanilla epoch .. don't have the issue .. the server I play on reg has several scripts .. spawn selector, menu bar and vehicle load .. don't know what others they have .. and a couple different mission systems .. the servers that have nothing but vanilla epoch and simple missions seem unaffected for me any way. Im trying to help them out in researching the issue .. I know a full list of scripts would help .. but .. I suggested he start with vanilla epoch  3.04 and a3 1.84 and add script and test a day for each one till find the culprit.. he already spent 9 hrs today working on the issue .. so I know he didnt want to hear that .. but Ive had to do it several times after updates on a2 .. maybe some one here has found an issue with a script I can pass along to him .. with these new updates

Well I have so far removed A3EAI, SEM, VEMF and Heli Protect from my server and apart from a custom pbo that is all I run this has had no effect on the problem as yet though.

Its Very strange that I can play on some servers with out issue and others.. it happens within 20 mins usually after a sapper etc spawns in .. the little jerk/pause.. then there goes the fps .. I've updated everything on my end... verified all my files.. if it did it on every server .. Id say was on my end.. but it all started right after 1.84 never had the issue before that. BIS so far is ignoring the problem .. as far as I can tell even in the forums over there same complaints .. no comments on the issue from BIS at all 

I figured out a fix , for the player .. once you get the graphical glitches .. and low fps my case 4-15 fps .. logging out of the game will not fix .  I did find out one thing by experimenting .. once you get the issue .. low fps.. log out clear out your mpmission cache in my documents arma 3 folder and under C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache and del the trash and issue is gone.. at least until the next time.

Not perfect but makes game playable again until perm fix can be found